Dave Chapman as cruise director...opinions?

Just wondering how he is. We'll have him on our upcoming Explorer cruise in 15 days :)

Edited by ntengwall
Silly me, I originally put 16 days until our cruise but it's 15--however could I make THAT mistake?? LOL

He was our CD on Rhapsody last month, probably because he's Australian, and was on Mariner last year. I don't remember much about him from Mariner. On Rhapsody he was good. He catered to the Australian crowd (they made up 50% of the passengers, so for good reason) and seemed to be well received. I thought he was clever and liked that he was low key. His announcements were minimal, which I really appreciated.

We had Dave as our CD on Explorer almost 2 years ago (WOW can't believe its that long ago :( ). Anyway, it was one of his early sailing and we very much enjoyed him. If he is still doing his morning show (on the RCL channel on the TV in your room) definitely check it out, it was a great way to start the day.

Dave Chapman does a great job. He was the CD on the last 2 cruises me and DW did on Explorer. Very funny and friendly As the other person mentioned his morning show is a good way to start the day. He also does a great job with the love and marriage show.

We've sailed with Dave twice now on the Explorer. He is funny and very entertaining. He does a great job with the Village People and is quite personable. He came to one of the Meet and Mingles but not the other.

Aka G'Day Dave.

My 12 year old Daugher considered him a rock star and had her picture taken with him.

In addition to the events mentioned above try and see his hilarious cooking demonstration.

Edited by WheresTheBuffet

Just wondering how he is. We'll have him on our upcoming Explorer cruise in 15 days :)

I will agree with everyone. He was one of if not the best CD that i have had on all my cruise with RCCL. You will enjoy him

G-day Dave learned all his moves and words from Allan Brooks. He is a mini-Allan, lmao He is very popular with kids and he is friendly most of the time, but not all. We've actually found the Captain and his officers more friendly then Dave. But having said that, he does an excellent job as CD and is enjoyed by all (most).

• 9 months later...

I just finished a cruise in the Mediterranean in November 2010. Dave was the CD. He is funny, especially if you have not seen his shtick before. Unfortunately, I have. He did the same 'baby in the morning' routine 2 1/2 years ago, and even said he composed it for his sister who just had her first baby BOTH times. Now, correct me, if I am wrong, how does his sister give birth to her first baby 2 1/2 years apart. Also his top ten questions and answers were EXACTLY the same 2 1/2 years apart, although his timing has gotten better.

Aside from that, yes, he is very good, and he has a deliciously sexy body. I had full body contact with him when we were dancing together during 70's dance hour. I must say, I was a bit infatuated. He is very good at 'Love and Marriage' but he did get carried away trying to get one of the wives to pick him as the guy she should pick to be a desert island. A little creepy if you ask me.

So, is he the best cruise director ever? Probably not. Is he the worst, definitely not. He needs to work a little more on his delivery, and not be quite so self absorbed, but he is entertaining to watch, and if you get a chance to dance with him....GO FOR IT.

We loved Dave on Explorer 1 1/2 years ago. We were picked as the middle couple in the Love and Marriage Show. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. Tears were rolling down my face almost the whole time. I couldn't answer the questions because I was laughing. Just watched the video again today so my future son-in-law could see it:eek:. (He might not want to marry my daughter now)

• 3 years later...

I know I'm a little bit late, but I had Dave as CD on the Oasis in March and I must say he was fabulous! Very attentive with a good sense of humor, he really got you excited for what you have in store in your vacation. I also loved his morning show, very funny! I thought he did a great job and for those who have him on an upcoming cruise, you're in for some more fun added to your already fun cruise vacation!