"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Radio,

Do you think there are more kids on the Oasis because of the Boardwalk area?

I have not seen that many kids on board. . . They might be here, but I don't see too many. . ..

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TH26.JPG

Hey Radio.....Great pictures.....I am soo there in 7 months.....You are the only one that finally got a GREAT picture of the room we have....11729....Last room under the Bridge, next to the Aqua Theater Lighting Windows...Thanks so much....looks like we have some of the best seats in the house for the shows. Have fun the rest of your trip....All of a sudden it will just be a blur.....I hate the last day of the cruise...It always seems you are rushed even though you have 24 hours.

Thanks Again

Mike

Here are a few more pics. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

I wiped out about 7 seconds after this shot was taken. . .

TH9.JPG

Wow Radio- this is so neat. I would love to try it but I'm scared S_ _ T. Was it scarey. Did it hurt when you wiped out? Let me know when you get a chance. I go in 7 days on the Independence of the Seas.

hi radio

jaxflygirl here..leaving on Oasis April 3. This will be our 2nd east. car.cruise, last may was eastern on Freedom. Last year we went to Megans Bay and loved it but hear that Trunk Bay, St John is even more awesome and worth the trip. Any suggestions?

Also, we went to Orient beach in St. Martin last year, did a complete island tour also went to Maho. this year wondering about going back to Orient Beach or Pineal Island.

Thanks for your advice.

Glad you are having a great time. I am enjoying your ship photos! :)

lisa

hi radio

jaxflygirl here..leaving on Oasis April 3. This will be our 2nd east. car.cruise, last may was eastern on Freedom. Last year we went to Megans Bay and loved it but hear that Trunk Bay, St John is even more awesome and worth the trip. Any suggestions?

Also, we went to Orient beach in St. Martin last year, did a complete island tour also went to Maho. this year wondering about going back to Orient Beach or Pineal Island.

Thanks for your advice.

Glad you are having a great time. I am enjoying your ship photos! :)

lisa

You'll be coming on right after we depart that day.

Radio I have to say after looking at all the pictures...have really made me take a second thought and going on this ship...I had thought it would be way to crowded...but didn't seem to bad and looks very nice. Thanks for all the great pic's

You may have answered this, but what is that room with the big glass windows at the very top of the rock wall?

Theron

Hey Theron, 7 or 8 months ago i ask the same question...long before the Oasis came out and since we have room 11729, right next to it...I asked the same question and the answer i got......This is where they do the lights for the Aqua theater....I am sure they do the music and TV screen stuff also.....but this is what I heard.

Any help would be appreciated and a night time picture would be great also to show this are at Night.

Thanks

Mike

Hey Theron, 7 or 8 months ago i ask the same question...long before the Oasis came out and since we have room 11729, right next to it...I asked the same question and the answer i got......This is where they do the lights for the Aqua theater....I am sure they do the music and TV screen stuff also.....but this is what I heard.

Any help would be appreciated and a night time picture would be great also to show this are at Night.

Thanks

Mike

That is correct. The enginnering booth is there, music, video, lights are controlled from up there.

That is correct. The enginnering booth is there, music, video, lights are controlled from up there.

Enginnering booth....That's it.....Is it Friday yet.....It's been one of those weeks and I am relaxing here with a glass of 2 buck chuck......blogging and relaxing!!! :eek:

Thank you!!!!! :)

Mike

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 7 of our trip on Oasis of the Seas.

We are about 80nm from Nassau, Bahamas and we are scheduled to arrive at 1230PM. It seems that we may get there much earlier.

The weather this morning is very cloudy, with a little rain. We may have some showers today while in Nassau. . .No worries though. . . A riainy day on a ship is much better than a sunny day at work ! !

Today we will have several ships with us in Nassau. . . MSC Poesia, Costa Atlantica, Carnival Sensation, and Disney Wonder are scheduled to be in port with us today.

I was able to go to the Stargazing class last night down on the Heli Pad. We accessed the area by going to Deck 7 and entering through the Vitality Spa. . .

We went all the way forward through a Crew Only door, that led us through a crew hallway between a game/ arcade room and the Crew Bar/Disco. We walked up the steps, and it really was a little eerie. . . The Activity Staff member in an expert in astrology, and talked with the group of us to point out many of the constellations, and an explanation of each one that we could see. He did this with a “20 mile laser” (his term)and he used the laser to circle and project the sky like it was a chalk board.

It was very interesting, and I recommend this activity for those that have an interest in astronomy.

We didn’t make it to Come Fly with Me last night but will try to go again tonight. I have heard that this is a “Must See” Show. We were able to go to Izumi last night. . .kind of. . . The were no more reservations available, but we could get a “To Go” order, and take it in the Windjammer. . . We did that and it was very good and priced right. California Roll (8 pieces) $3- $4, depending on the style.

There is no Jade on Oasis, and you can get Sushi, but it is served A la carte, and only in Izumi.

I asked about the (made to Order) Omelette Station, and I was told that they tried it for a couple of cruises, but it was a disaster. It seems that with only 2 Omelette stations, and 5800 passengers, that the lines were much too long for anyone to endure. They have 2 omeletes available daily (they change the style daily).

The officer said that on Allure it may change, if they add more heating stations in the Windjammer.

Here are a few pics from yesterday. . . . Pics from this morning will be here later this morning.

Radio

Here is a shot of the Control Room above the Wall. There is one of these on both walls.

F2.JPG

Opus Dining Room

TH15.JPG

Opus Dining Room 2

TH14.JPG

This Rock wall is really tall

TH23.JPG

Sports Deck

TH31.JPG

The Zip Line was busy all day yesterday. . . We will try this today !

TH30.JPG

Radio I have to say after looking at all the pictures...have really made me take a second thought and going on this ship...I had thought it would be way to crowded...but didn't seem to bad and looks very nice. Thanks for all the great pic's

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

You are right . . .it CAN be very crowded. . .just like every other Cruise Ship. Timing is the key. The elevators are always crowded right before and after dinner, and the Windjammer is always crowded between 9-10AM. . .

This is no different that any Vision Class, Voyager Class, or Freedom Class Ship. . .

This ship can also be very calm, and relaxed. Only the passenger can decide how he wants his cruise to be.

Radio

;);)

Wow Radio- this is so neat. I would love to try it but I'm scared S_ _ T. Was it scarey. Did it hurt when you wiped out? Let me know when you get a chance. I go in 7 days on the Independence of the Seas.

No worries. . . It was very fun. It didn't hurt at all. The way you end your run on Flow Rider is to "Wipe Out" (I wasn't finished my run yet. . I just wiped out after only 40 seconds) Ooops :o

All the blue areas you see are heavily padded. . . Try it !

I may try the Surfing today. . .on the other FlowRider

Radio

Thanks again for taking the time to post replies and pictures and letting us share your cruise.:)

I was curious if you pre-booked most of your shows on line prior or is there room at the various entertainment around the ship should someone just walk up?

Only 80% of capacity can be booked on line. . . I booked a few shows several weeks ago.

If you try to book at the Box Office here, and the shows are filled you can can still go "stand by" When the doors open, they scan the cards of all who entered, and 5 minutes prior to showtime there will be many no-shows. . . Then they will let anyone one in until the max capacity is reached.

Radio

Thanks! Now his only concern is getting there and back before the ship leaves us! I am thinking cab as we will be drinking. Can't the bar just call a cab for you? Do you have to ask the driver to return at a set time?

There are many cabs at Maho Beach. . . be careful though. Downtown Philipsburg is now for late afternoon traffic craziness !

Radio

Only 80% of capacity can be booked on line. . . I booked a few shows several weeks ago.

If you try to book at the Box Office here, and the shows are filled you can can still go "stand by" When the doors open, they scan the cards of all who entered, and 5 minutes prior to showtime there will be many no-shows. . . Then they will let anyone one in until the max capacity is reached.

Radio

Radio, I'm confused........what shows have to be booked?? I'm just used to getting tickets for the ice shows, what other shows do you have to reserve on the Oasis?

Loving your pictures!

Patty

There is a rental fee for Lounge Chairs and umbrellas.($5/ea) Little Divi Bay is the closest, and only about 3 miles... Maho Beach is over by the Airport, and could take about 45-60 to get there (It took us almost an hour due to traffic)

The Rental car will cost $50-$75, depending on the car. We always rent a car, so we can do several things. There were many people there that took a taxi to Maho. One couple saild it cost them $25 ea way plus tip.

Radio

We took the local bus from downtown and enjoyed the ride. Had to wait about 15 minutes to pick it up at Maho Beach. Teenagers had a ball standing at fence when Jets came in.

Good Morning,

Radio, This will be our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We are going with 2 of our children and grandchildren.

I am enjoying your pictures:) very much but not sure I will get to see everything on the ship because I have a bad knee. It looks so big.

Where do we make reservation before we leave for some of the shows and restaurants? Enjoy your cruise and thanks for sharing.

Helen

Archived