"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Thanks Radio - your review has been a much needed boost this week. I appreciate it!

I agree. It's been a rough week at work, and coming home to your review has made it much nicer! Thanks, Radio!

Radio,

Really enjoying your pics on your cruise. I look forward to reading your updates throughout the day. Can't wait to see more pics.

My favorite all time stop is to go to St. Maarten airport and watching planes. I love going out to the middle of the beach and being right under the planes as they come in. What a rush! Will be there next month on FOS. You have me all excited about visiting there.

**Can you tell me how much the internet packages are on board? I am bringing my laptop on board and wanted to get the most up-to-date pricing.

Thanks again for the great Live reports. :)

Radio, I am going on the Oasis Sept. 18th with hubby and about 20 other members of his family. We booked her back in Sept 2008 and have been counting down ever since and let me tell you that this thread is making that wait so hard right now! LOL. I've been logging on every morning and night to check out your pics and updates. I love them! Thanks for doing this!

Radio -

Boy your cruise is going fast....I was wondering are you a Travel Agent and how

many times a year do you take a cruise? Seems like you go alot (good for you)

We always try to go 4 times a year. We have to thank our blessing for that.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and thanks again for taking the time to take us with you.

You always do a great job with the pictures.

Dave from Rutherford, NJ

Radio,

You really need to quit having fun and post some more pictures, we're dying here on land!

What car agency did you use in St. Maarten and how much was it if you don't mind sharing? I almost have my husband talked into Maho Beach. He doesn't believe the pictures are for real.

Radio,

You really need to quit having fun and post some more pictures, we're dying here on land!

What car agency did you use in St. Maarten and how much was it if you don't mind sharing? I almost have my husband talked into Maho Beach. He doesn't believe the pictures are for real.

Tell you husband from me, THEY ARE REAL!!! Been there, done that, REALLY NEAT!!!

Tim

Do you have to pay for a lounge chair or the use of the beach at Maho Beach or Little Divi Bay Resort? Also, how far is it and what is the cost to take a taxi from the pier to both of these places should we not wish to rent a car?

Do you have to pay for a lounge chair or the use of the beach at Maho Beach or Little Divi Bay Resort? Also, how far is it and what is the cost to take a taxi from the pier to both of these places should we not wish to rent a car?

There is a rental fee for Lounge Chairs and umbrellas.($5/ea) Little Divi Bay is the closest, and only about 3 miles... Maho Beach is over by the Airport, and could take about 45-60 to get there (It took us almost an hour due to traffic)

The Rental car will cost $50-$75, depending on the car. We always rent a car, so we can do several things. There were many people there that took a taxi to Maho. One couple saild it cost them $25 ea way plus tip.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio,

Ha ha. . .More pics coming soon (after dinner). . .I promise ! !

The pics are real. . .I took them all. We used Reynolds Rental, right at the pier.the cost was $61 for the whole day.

Radio

Radio,

Really enjoying your pics on your cruise. I look forward to reading your updates throughout the day. Can't wait to see more pics.

My favorite all time stop is to go to St. Maarten airport and watching planes. I love going out to the middle of the beach and being right under the planes as they come in. What a rush! Will be there next month on FOS. You have me all excited about visiting there.

**Can you tell me how much the internet packages are on board? I am bringing my laptop on board and wanted to get the most up-to-date pricing.

Thanks again for the great Live reports. :)

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I paid for 2 packages so far. The cost was $55/ 150 min (.36 /minute)

Radio

You can tell your hubby, that yes those photos are for real. My son & daughter worked on NCL cruise ships and went there. Have lots of photos to prove it. Some folks get sandblasted by standing right in a certain spot.

Radio,

Radio man, thanks for the week of live updates and pictures. We're heading to FLL tomorrow to cruise this Saturday on Oasis when you return ( sucks for you but we can't wait :-). You made my week go bye just a little quicker. Thanks again for taking the time out and sharing with us all

Steve

You can tell your hubby, that yes those photos are for real. My son & daughter worked on NCL cruise ships and went there. Have lots of photos to prove it. Some folks get sandblasted by standing right in a certain spot.

Thanks! Now his only concern is getting there and back before the ship leaves us! I am thinking cab as we will be drinking. Can't the bar just call a cab for you? Do you have to ask the driver to return at a set time?

Thanks again for taking the time to post replies and pictures and letting us share your cruise.:)

I was curious if you pre-booked most of your shows on line prior or is there room at the various entertainment around the ship should someone just walk up?

Hello everyone. . . Today was our 3rd day at sea for this cruise. I am happy because it was a very good day. . .But I am a little sad because our cruise is almost over.

We still have Nassau tomorrow, but our cruise is ending too soon.

Today the weather was perfect. . . We had sunny skies all day, and the Temps were warm (77F, but it felt like 86F).

We started off this morning up in the Solarium with a nice breakfast, and then in the Solarium Pool, and Cantilevered Spa. A note about the Solarium Bistro. . . They seem to include only the most healthy foods from the ship. I don’t think there are any foods that are only in the Solarium, but you won’t find Frosted Flakes, or Chocolate cake. They stick with only foods that are low in calories, and can provide you with the “healthy” felling after you eat there.

We did the Flowrider today ! I love the Flowrider, and I tried to get up on my knees today (from laying down on a boogie board). Ooops, that didn’t work out ! I will try it again tomorrow.

We also went to the D+ Backstage Theatre tour, which was informative. There are several new designs about the Theatre that are new to the Oasis Class. Jason the Stage Mgr went over these in detail, but most had to do with the way that the scenes change, and the way that the flying sequences take place.

We also had Galley Tour, that was informative as well. The Exec. Souse Chef (sp?) guided us through the Deck 3 Galley. The dishwasher may have the toughest job on the ship. . .They have to clean 100,000 dirty dishes per day. We also found out that the plates and bowls are heated 2 hours prior to dinner, so your plate will always be hot when it arrives to your table. . .

I am going to the Stargazing class tonight up on the Helo Deck at 8, and we have “Come Fly with Me” Production show at 930.

Here are several pics from today, and thanks to all for all of the nice comments. When my cruise is over I will have many many more pics to post. . .

The Internet is choking me on Oasis, and I will be happy whenI return to my normal inter speed (and price). . .

Radio

The Solarium started out quiet today, but just a few hours later. . .

TH51.JPG

It was packed. . .

TH33.JPG

People were everywhere !

TH34.JPG

A lonely Butterfly was able to find his way in the Solarium (In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean)

TH52.JPG

Oasis Dunes Mini Golf was quiet only for this morning. . .

TH47.JPG

The divers were out again today practicing. . .

TH25.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The Climbing Wall was in full swing today. . .

TH26.JPG

The Windjammer was quiet this morning

TH46.JPG

Jason the Stage Mgr. explains how they did the musical “Hairspray”

TH39.JPG

I am up next for Flowrider !

TH19.JPG

The Instructor was yelling instructions about how to go from laying down to a knee stand. . . I wiped out about 7 seconds after this shot was taken. . .

TH9.JPG

Looking down on Aquatheater. . . I love the Aquatheater

TH43.JPG

Archived