"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

CruiseLover15 & cruzship21 - blessings to you both - fight w/all your might - may you both get to enjoy your next cruise - a great rejuvinator!!

We ALL look fwd to reading BOTH of your cruise reviews..keep your eye on the prize, we are all praying for you both!!

Dear Mr. Radio - I have been reading this thread and just love it! I just had to write to say THANK YOU for posting the wonderful pictures of the Oasis. She is a beautifully magnificient ship and I get to travel with you thru your posts and photos.

I didn't notice until it was too late, but they had Stargazing up on the Helipad at 7:30 tonight. I hope they do that again. . .

Here are a few more pics. . . (until tomorrow)

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

Many Xray machines were in the Oasis Security Center in St Thomas

T25.JPG

The Gangway (1 FWD and 1 AFT)

T26.JPG

We made it in (Deck 2)

T24.JPG

All 3 ships in one photo today in St Thomas ! (I should count the SeaDream II)

T35.JPG

Oasis of the Seas towers over the buildings surrounding her

T36.JPG

Almost all passengers have made it back. We are ready to leave for St Maarten.

T34.JPG

Radio, I want to thank you so much for this wonderful thread. I am thrilled to have found it tonight! We are sailing on the Oasis 5/29 and I was worried about being disappointed...your posts have me excited all over again!

David from NJ and Cruiselover15 -

Both of you are in my prayers. I hope you are able to enjoy and relax on your upcoming cruises.

Keep fighting and be strong. You can beat it!!!!

Kathy

And to Radio - thank you so much for the great review. We sail on her in Nov and can not wait!!!!!!

Radio,

Thank you so much for the great pictures. We are heading to the Oasis in mid-June so your pictures are getting us very excited. In addition, my sister and brother in law are sailing with you and we are searching your pictures for them...I know...I know the odds are not high with all the people on board.

Have fun and thanks for taking us on your journey.

Mary

Radio, glad you are feeling better. I have very much enjoyed your post to this point and am looking forward to the rest of it.

David from NJ, I hope things get better as you continue your fight against the cancer. I pray that God will heal you very soon. I can understand a little about how you feel. I just got diagnosed with breast cancer at the first of Jan. and I have the Oasis scheduled for September so I am hoping to be able to make it. God Bless you.

My best to both of you. I was diagnosed with breast cancer almost 2 years ago. After surgery, radiation and chemo, I'm back cruising again, and have been for a while. Try to keep a positive outlook, and keep reading Cruise Critic - it helps! I think, sometimes, it's just nice to know you're not the only one.

And, Radio, thanks so much for this thread. I (ALMOST) feel like I'm there!

Radio, your pics are beautiful! I especially love the one in St Thomas of all 3 ships. it's absolutely gorgeous. I was also wondering about the escalators. What floor do you get on for the escalators?

BTW, how are the crowds? Was it busy trying to get off the ship in St Thomas?

Sorry for all the ?'s but one more.. do you know if it will be the same pier in Havensight or do you know if they are building a larger one near by?

Thank you again for a wonderful review

Have fun in St Maarten:)

Liz

Radio, great review! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us, I've been enjoying it all.

I don't think you're really mentioned any of the restaurants on the ship. I know you went to Giovanni's, how good or bad was it. Have you been to any other restaurant?

We are cruising her in Oct and just can't wait, I'm afraid there will be so much to do that we won't be able to enjoy it all.

Please tell us what you enjoyed the most at the end of your cruise.

Looking forward to more!!

thanks Radio!!!!

Radio,

How far is it from Crown Bay to Havensight? Miles and timewise. Thanks

Annieeee in Baltimore

I can't answer the time question, but you can get a good idea of the distance from my Cruise Map of Charlotte Amalie.

To see them both in one view, you'll need to zoom "out" one click, by clicking on the "-" at the bottom of the sliding scale to the left of the map.

For the moment (Google does update their satellite imagery once in a while) there is a Freedom class ship docked at the West Indian dock!

Theron

Hey Radio......From the PSCRUZINBOYZ.....Thanks for your time during your and Mrs Radio Vacation.....Can not wait until Halloween....but we are going West.....should be a blast.

Question, I saw you posted how many passengers but how many Diamond and how many Plusers.....In the CL....Crowded? Ample seating for all? Can you get drinks and Leave? Do they have a Bartender or does the Concierge do all of the work?

Thanks and looking forward to more pictures.......The Escalator...is that for passengers or crew, where does it go/come from...I see nobody on it.

Mike

OK, so this is a great thread, and I will alsoi extend my thanks to radio for the live posts.

To all the 03/27/2010 cruisers out there.....SLOW DOWN, no need to get to that date so fast. I board Oasis on 03/20/2010 and would like what will be an all too fast week to pace itself.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and although I am so pumped to get to my cruise, I wish you the best for the rest of your week. Glad my boss doesnt know of this site so I can check on it often tomorrow at work

Hello everyone, we have arrived in St. Maarten, N.A. We approached the harbor by 5 AM, and we approached the pier by about 530. We actually tied up by a little after 6.They open the gangways at 630AM. . .Wow !

We had a great breakfast up in the Solarium Café today. And I think I will go up there for breakfast for the rest of the cruise. It is quiet and calm, and very relaxing.

We learned something last night at dinner, that I didn’t know. In the MDR, there is 1 galley for each floor of the dining room (3-4-5) I think that is why the food is served so quick, and so hot ! I was invited to a Galley Tour tomorrow, and I will find out more.

Today are plans are the same as yesterday. We will see what we can see, and we might rent a car. I know I will be swimming somewhere. I want to go to Maho beach too. . .

Here are a few pics from this morning . . .

Thanks for tuning in!

Radio

We approach the harbor slowly

W1.JPG

We will be tied up Starboard side at the new Pier (Built for Oasis of the Seas)

W29.JPG

Hello ! Good Morning. . . .

W32.JPG

The forecast today is 82F, and partly cloudy.

W21.JPG

We are tied up to the pier. . .and passengers will be allowed of very soon.

W22.JPG

The sun is trying to peek through

W24.JPG

Archived