"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Radio....Wow! Your pictures are fantastic. I have a question for you. I am pricing suites to accommodate 8 people for next year. One of the suites, Aqua Theater A2, Cabin 9330, is still available. Is it possible to see those aft cabins from down near the aqua theater. If so, can you explain the positioning of those cabins in the AFT and if there are any structures obstructing the views from the balcony. It's had to see in the pictures I've seen thus far.

Thanks!

Radio' date=' Your report is wonderful and your pictures are fantastic. We'll be on the 3/27 voyage and can't wait. Keep up the great work.

Lew[/quote']

You and me both. Come on March 27th.

Ha Ha. . .yeah . . .

I am worn out. . .I didn't get much sleep last night.

I forgot to mention that they sell Starbucks on board Oasis !

;)Now that makes me very happy....hopefully the 1/2 an 1/2 issue will be solved by November as there is a HUGE difference.

Radio

;);)

That makes 3 of us (hubby and I). This is terrific and so fun knowing we will be on in November.

Radio,

Looks like a beautiful morning! You must be up pretty early as there appears to be no one in the Solarium.

Question? You mentioned the Concierge and the menu. First, is the Concierge only available to past cruisers? We are in a D cabin, would we qualify to go to the Concierge? Our first week will be our first time with RCCL, then the second week on our B2B will be officially our second cruise with them.

Muriel

Muriel -- Radio may elaborate a little more but this is my understanding: The Concierge Club is available to suites (Grand Suiete/GS and above) and to Diamond Plus (24 cruise credits). As you are in a D cabin, I don't thiink the Concierge Club is available to you. During your second week on RCCL, you will become Gold; after you earn 5 cruise credits, you become Platinium; after earning 10 cruise credits, you become Diamond; and after earning 24 cruise credits, you become Diamond Plus. You earn one cruise credit for a cruise under 10 days; you get an extra cruise credit for Junior Suite/JS and above; you also earn an extra cruise credit for a longer cruise. Here is more information about the different Crown and Anchor Levels:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000huK03EJPPdZgBzHadc0H95N:13hldio7n

PittNet & Other March 27 Cruisers: This is such a great opportunity to get to know Oasis before we SailAway in little more than 2 weeks!

THANK YOU RADIO for the virtual cruise, better pix than RCI provides, and your insight!

Radio- Glad you are feeling better! Thanks so much for posting pictures and your thoughts and impressions of the ship. I am salivating just thinking of when it will be my turn! Again, thanks for taking the time during your vacation to keep us informed and begging for more!! Have a great vacation!!!!

to David from NJ and Cruiselover15. Keep your spirits up and have faith. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. I had surgery and 6 weeks of radiation. I thank God that I was able to avoid chemo. Cruiselover, I too, am on meds for 5 years. Had my check up and mammogram a couple of weeks ago and everything looks great. I will keep you both in my intentions. Hang in there and I agree cruising is one of the best prescriptions for good health and well being! :)

Radio, thanks so much for your pics and reports. We sailed on Oasis on 1/16 and I'm reliving our fabulous vacation through you and your reports. Enjoy your week and thanks for taking the time to write. :D

Hi Radio,

Love your live reviews and pictures. It always gives me something to look forward to while working in the afternoon. We are going on the Oasis in September, so we will be glued to your review all week long. I hope the weather continues to cooperate for you and that you and Mrs. Radio have a wonderful cruise!

..although the Scuba lessons are a great experience I'm sure, the promise for $249 that you may scuba dive up to 40 feet as long as you are accompanied by a pro perplexes me in that:

...I have never paid for lessons or for any form of "certification", yet 4 times I have scuba dived up to 40 feet with a pro in Cozumel. Each time they had to repeat a 20 minute lesson as we were boating out to the reefs.

So, was this very well known tour company doing a no no? Or, are you paying 249 just so you don't have to hear the lesson each time..or is it a bit of a pretense??

Just wondering....

Mitch

I am enjoying your postings, Radio. Thanks so much. I have a question about the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge. Are they both open for breakfast and evening cocktails? We are Diamond members (finally) but are "only" staying in a balcony cabin. Will we be able to go to both the Concierge Louge and the Diamond Lounge? What floors are they on? Thanks and continue having fun!

I am enjoying your postings, Radio. Thanks so much. I have a question about the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge. Are they both open for breakfast and evening cocktails? We are Diamond members (finally) but are "only" staying in a balcony cabin. Will we be able to go to both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge? What floors are they on? Thanks and continue having fun!

All Diamond Members can use the Diamond Lounge for breakfast and excellent coffee. It is located on Deck 6 FWD and you must swipe you Diamond Card to be allowed in (They will give you a D Card).

Every evening the Diamond event will be held in Blazes Nightclub (Deck 4) . They use Blazes when the number of D Members exceed the capacity for the D Lounge.

The Concierge Lounge is for Suite guests, and D+ members.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . What a great day we had (so far) today. . . We were invited to a Bridge Tour (D+), and it was very cool. I have been on a lot of Bridge Tours, but the bridge is set up a little different on Oasis. The bridge area is just for the Navigation of the Ship, and everything else is kept in a large office behind the bridge.(Fire, Rescue, Communications, and Security Controls)

First Officer Fergus Stewart (Canada) was giving the tour. He seemed genuinely excited about his job, and it showed. He is very knowledgeable, and is very proud to be an Officer on Oasis of the Seas.

Everyone on the tour was invited to sit in the Captains (Nav) Chair, and have their photos taken. The tour lasted about 1 hour, and we were the last to leave. (ooops…)

1st Officer Stewart said that he follows Cruise Critic, and he would visit CC later tonight to look at this “LIVE” post.

There are 5678 Passengers on board today for Voyage #15 on Oasis, and with crew combined there are 7655 souls on board.

We were also told why Oasis normally docks on the Starboard side. The Oasis was built with 2 escalators just for port debarkation. The escalators are designed to keep passengers from crossing in the (I-95) main corridor (crew) section of the ship. He suggested that they would dock about 1 cruise per month on the port side, just so they can have the lifeboat drill (each lifeboat must be tested and lowered monthly).

We also went to Hairspray, and I was very impressed. I’m not much on production shows. My favorite Cruise Show before this cruise was the Ice Show in Studio B. . .

I will have to say that if you can make it to Hairspray, you won’t be sorry. . . Even if you don’t like production shows, you will be happy. The sets were fun, and the music was good. Every singer was in their zone ! The show lasted about 90 min. (Mrs. Radio was surprised that I made through the whole thing)

Today was very bright and very sunny. . . It was cool to see Central Park in full sun. Today it seemed like everyone was outside.

Here are a few pics from today. . . I will try to get more tonight !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

View from the Bridge Wing

M15.JPG

Looking Over the Bow

M16.JPG

The 2nd Officer was showing us how they could look around different

Areas of the ship)

M19.JPG

A sunny day in Central Park

M22.JPG

Hairspray is ready to start (No photos during the show)

M25.JPG

Debarkation Map

M2.JPG

Just a couple more. . .

Your Intrepid Reporter, and 1st Officer Stewart

M20.JPG

I was very happy to sit in this chair ! ;)

M18.JPG

Radio

;);)

No it is not. Crew only!

That's disappointing. Probably the single worst thing I've heard said about Oasis.

On the earlier ships, the heliport is by far the best place to go at night to watch the stars.

Does Oasis have any place that is truly dark at night for star gazing?

Theron

Archived