"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

..although the Scuba lessons are a great experience I'm sure, the promise for $249 that you may scuba dive up to 40 feet as long as you are accompanied by a pro perplexes me in that:

...I have never paid for lessons or for any form of "certification", yet 4 times I have scuba dived up to 40 feet with a pro in Cozumel. Each time they had to repeat a 20 minute lesson as we were boating out to the reefs.

So, was this very well known tour company doing a no no? Or, are you paying 249 just so you don't have to hear the lesson each time..or is it a bit of a pretense??

Just wondering....

Mitch

We're actually thinking of doing the scuba cert. course. For the money, since you're getting a two dive "excursion" in St Maarten anyway, it's worth it to us, just so you don't have to take that pre-dive refresher course every time you go on one of those "tourist" (as I've heard them called) dives.

I guess it's just up to the person if it's worth the extra money to not have to do that anymore. Just jump in the water next time you go with the certification. Plus...it'll be cool to dive in the aqua theatre pool....

The cheapest scuba excursion through the ship is $115 pp, so it's only another $135 pp to get the certification. If you did a certification class on your own, I'm sure it'd be more expensive.

Thanks for clarifying things up. Have to work at getting all those cruises in :)

Muriel -- Radio may elaborate a little more but this is my understanding: The Concierge Club is available to suites (Grand Suiete/GS and above) and to Diamond Plus (24 cruise credits). As you are in a D cabin, I don't thiink the Concierge Club is available to you. During your second week on RCCL, you will become Gold; after you earn 5 cruise credits, you become Platinium; after earning 10 cruise credits, you become Diamond; and after earning 24 cruise credits, you become Diamond Plus. You earn one cruise credit for a cruise under 10 days; you get an extra cruise credit for Junior Suite/JS and above; you also earn an extra cruise credit for a longer cruise. Here is more information about the different Crown and Anchor Levels:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000huK03EJPPdZgBzHadc0H95N:13hldio7n

We have the Allure booked for 2012..hope they have the classes there too-any idea as how much the classes cost?

Thanks!

how do you have the allure booked for 2012? those bookings don't seen to be open that far out?

to David from NJ and Cruiselover15. Keep your spirits up and have faith. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. I had surgery and 6 weeks of radiation. I thank God that I was able to avoid chemo. Cruiselover, I too, am on meds for 5 years. Had my check up and mammogram a couple of weeks ago and everything looks great. I will keep you both in my intentions. Hang in there and I agree cruising is one of the best prescriptions for good health and well being! :)

Seas the moment, I love that screen name. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I found out today that I don't have to do chemo.:D I am so glad you are doing good after your diagnosis and pray that you continue to be cancer free.:)

Radio, I am really loving the live review, especially the pictures.

Seas the moment, I love that screen name. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I found out today that I don't have to do chemo.:D I am so glad you are doing good after your diagnosis and pray that you continue to be cancer free.:)

Radio, I am really loving the live review, especially the pictures.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . There are many other "LIVE" posts I have done that can be viewed HERE.

After I return there will be 100's of pics for me to upload (I only post about 15/day here on Cruise Critic.)

I hope everything works out for you. . .

Radio

;);)

Is the bow accessible to passengers?

Theron

Good question. . . I asked the 1st Officer about that too. When they designed the ship they put the Vitality SPA near where the entrance would be for the Helipad. . . It turns out that a Crew fitness area is just below that deck, and it wouldn't be convenient for passengers to get to that level.

A great area, however is just above the Bridge. It is completely dark, and perfect for stargazing. The entrance to the area is DECK 14 (FWD Port)

Not too many passengers ever go there (except for sail away)

Radio

;);)

Radio, I was pleased to see that you will be on board the Epic in September. We don't go until Feb 2011 so I'll be looking forward to another "live" report from you.

Thanks. . . It hasn't been "booked" yet, but it should be soon. I will post the date at that time.

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Thanks for sharing all of your cruise adventures. It is really great that you would take time from your vacation to share with all of us. I have read a few of your other "LIVE" reviews and really appreciate all of the great first hand information and absolutely gorgeous photos. Enjoy the Oasis :D She's a beauty!

Here are a couple more pics until tomorrow . . .

Radio

;);)

The Opal Theatre Was near capacity for Hairspray today at 2:30

M27.JPG

There are 49 D+ on this Cruise, and only 10 people were on the Bridge Tour

(They missed a great tour !)

M28.JPG

Radio,

Thanks for sharing all of your cruise adventures. It is really great that you would take time from your vacation to share with all of us. I have read a few of your other "LIVE" reviews and really appreciate all of the great first hand information and absolutely gorgeous photos. Enjoy the Oasis She's a beauty!

Wow Thanks. . . I love to do "LIVE" reports, and I love Cruising. I have the best of both worlds !

I would really love to do "LIVE" Video from all of my Cruises ! ! :)

Radio

;);)

Thank you for your daily reports Radio! It will hopefully make this week go by quickly for us (not for you!) because we are departing on Saturday for the Oasis #16 voyage!!

Love your pictures!! Enjoy your week!!

So are we...haven't ever seen you on our Roll call board!

Good question. . . I asked the 1st Officer about that too. When they designed the ship they put the Vitality SPA near where the entrance would be for the Helipad. . . It turns out that a Crew fitness area is just below that deck, and it wouldn't be convenient for passengers to get to that level.

A great area, however is just above the Bridge. It is completely dark, and perfect for stargazing. The entrance to the area is DECK 14 (FWD Port)

Not too many passengers ever go there (except for sail away)

Radio

;);)

Well I guess that makes me feel a little better... but I really do enjoy the bow on the other ships! :)

Glad to hear there is a dark area though, my very first cruise on Celebrity's Century had no dark spots for passengers... very poor design.

Theron

Archived