Radio

"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Hello everyone ! I am very happy to bring you another “LIVE” Report from the the Oasis of the Seas.

I arrived in Fort Lauderdale this afternoon, and will be staying 2 nights at the Hyatt Pier 66 before I board the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday morning. The weather was a little warmer today (68F), than it was when I left Maryland yesterday (29F).

For those of you who are new to Cruise Critic. . . This will be more than a Cruise Ship review. Many of you who are aware of my “LIVE” reports know that I will be posting daily comments and reports on the Oasis of the Seas, with daily photos of the public areas, lounges, and hopefully all of the Entertainment, Sports, and Dining areas of the ship.

There will also be comments and photos of the ports of call during the week. I am hoping that my Internet connection will be reliable, as I will require a stable connection to post photos throughout the week.

The ship appears to be nearly full, so I am hoping to find out the exact number of passengers that will be aboard.

Oasis of the Seas will sail the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, visiting the ports of Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten, and Nassau.

This should be a fun week on Oasis of the Seas. . .So sit back. . Have a cup of Coffee, and Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;);)

Oasis of the Seas

OAS9.jpg

© 2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Our Itinerary this week

OAS4.jpg

© 2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

YEA! I always look forward to cruising along with you Radio! Have a great time and ENJOY! We leave in 65 days but who's counting!

oh YAY!!!!

for those who are not aware of "radios's" reviews.... prepare to be informed, entertained and wow'ed. his reviews are what the best reviews are compared to. he is the platinum standard and i for one... cannot wait:)

This is so exciting!!!! We are going to be on the Explorer May 13...so get to read of your experience while waiting for ours! Can't wait to see what you think of the Oasis. We have the Allure booked for next year.

I am so looking forward to this...I still have 164 days until our Freedom cruise. It's been to long since our last cruise, so I am going through withdraws.:eek:

Can't wait to read your reports, Radio. We will be flying down next Friday and will be boarding when you get off. Can you just check one thing out for me? Do you have to double check that all your shows are on your seapass. My DH's cousin is on there now and I told her to check and she went to GR when she boarded and checked it out. The person that I spoke to at C&A said to check it out when I checked in at the port. Just curious if it is even necessary.

Thanks and have a GREAT time.

Sandy

Woohoo! We've been waiting for this cruise and review since you came back from the Mercury. Thank you sooo much for all your time and effort put in so that we may enjoy the cruise with you!! Have a phenomenal week!

YEA another Radio review, thanks soooo much for doing this for all of us!!!! :D We will be on Oasis in August and can't wait!!! :D Thanks again and enjoy your cruise.

Radio - this is the first time I will miss your LIVE posts as I will actually be cruising too :D

Leaving Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas :p

Have a great time on the Oasis and I look forward to reading the entire thread when I return in 2 weeks (we are on a B2B) :)

Hi Radio

We are sooooo looking forward to your review. We only have 443 more days to go until we're on the beautiful Oasis. Have a wonderful time.

Also,if you have the chance could you find out if and when the Oasis might dock at the Havensight pier in St Thomas.

Thank you

Bon Voyage

Liz

P.S. Could you also take a pic of cabin 9598;)

Yippee! Love your reports Radio. Next week is a particulary busy and stress filled one at work...now I know where I can go to get to my happy place. Have a fantastic week.

Oooh, cannot wait to read this thread. Thanks ahead of time for all of your efforts. :)

Katherine

"Subscribe!" :D

No, you don't really have to do this to subscribe, but I thought it was funny...

:)

Theron

I can't wait to read the review Radio!

I will be getting a double dose of the Oasis review because my Mother-in-Law is getting off the Oasis tomorrow morning just as you will be boarding! I told her she has to tell me everything, she is an expert cruiser and is at the highest level on nearly every cruise line's loyalty club so she has plenty of experience on ships!

So glad you are doing this :D My son and his GF were on the NCL Gem with you at this time last year and by following your posts I felt like I was cruising with them ;) Can't wait to hear (and see) more about Oasis :)

YES YES YES. Radio, you are the man. I love your live trip reports. This just made my week knowing I can look forward to your pictures and review.

I am so glad I came across this review posting...I so want to go on the Oasis or Allure..I will be cruising on the Explorer for the 3rd time in May and can't wait but these newer ships look magnificent..can't wait till the prices come down a little..anxiously waiting review and pics..thank you..Radio

Radio - this is the first time I will miss your LIVE posts as I will actually be cruising too :D

Have a great time on the Oasis and I look forward to reading the entire thread when I return in 2 weeks (we are on a B2B) :)

Wow, Robyn. . I wish I were doing a B2B on Oasis ! Have a great cruise !;)

Radio

;);)

Woo Hoo, always love your live posts. Can't wait!

Hope you have a wonderful week aboard the Oasis, I for one am absolutely jealous.

Jim,

I know you have the firebox stoked and banked with a full head of steam ready to pull out of FLL station tomorrow. Fair winds and following seas to you and Carol.

Ken

I am so happy! I anticipate another fabulous journey with you Radio. This made my day. We will be on Oasis in November.

28 posts and Radio hasn't gotten to the pier! This is going to be good, but Radio's 'live' threads are always good.

Enjoy the voyage and thanks for letting us tag along!

Radio, so excited that you're doing another live report...and this time from Oasis!

I just booked us onto her for April 2011 (so very long away) since our February 2011 cruise was chartered out under us.

If you can, and I realize you'll be busy, do you think you might have a chance to take some pictures of the Central Park View (no balcony) rooms on Deck 9? I booked us into #9593 (quad occupancy) and am hoping that the view is unobstructed. It's on the starboard side, and appears to be located over Vintages Wine Bar.

Any information you can offer on this category of cabins would be so appreciated. I think it will be a good size (199 sf) as opposed to a balcony (and is much less expensive), but I have a lot of time, and if the prices change and I can move us around (if this cabin won't really work for us), I'd like to know in advance.

Hope you have a fabulous time and looking forward to your live reports.

HOORAY!! Another week with Radio! :) Well Radio, your review of Freedom convinced me to give her a try--and I LOVED it! Lets see if you can do the same for Oasis! My brother is campaigning to get a family cruise booked on the Oasis, but I am reluctant because she just seems too big....can't wait to see what you think!

I'm soooooo jealous! I wanted to get back on the Adventure before she leaves for Europe! And you are doing my dream trip--B2B!!!

OMG--I don't have time to read this thread right now but I am LOVING knowing I have it to come home to in a few hours :D Thanks for taking the time to write it Radio!

Awesome!! Another Radio Live Report!!

Waiting with baited breath! Can't wait for you to board...

Thanks for keeping us informed and have a great cruise! My family is planning on 2012 on the Oasis, and even though that is a long way off, it is never too early to get excited and see what we have to look forward too!

Thanks again!!!!

This is awesome! I will be sailing on the Oasis the following week 3/13/10. :)

Thank-you for this

Oh I'm so happy that you are doing a live report from Oasis; we want to sail on her or Allure. I so enjoy your posts and from the fact that there are already 2 pages of folks saying the same thing, lots of us CCrs love your posts.