"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Dave,

What an awesome attitude! Keep on cruisin!

Muriel

Dr spoke to me yesterday and there is no cure for me as I am Stage IV and the chemo is

only extending my life as long as possible and I am only 54. She told me to enjoy my life

and do what I like to do. I told her my only hobby is cruising. So I told my wife then we are cruising every two months until the time comes. She said honey whatever you want to do we will do. So as long as I handle my chemo well on my off week from chemo I am cruising alot. If I am going to check out I am going to enjoy every minute and a ship is for me. So Radio I hope to meet you on the May 8th cruise. I am a Diamond Member so I will be in the CLUB.

Thanks again for your time. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Dave

Dave,

What an awesome attitude! Keep on cruisin!

Muriel

Dr spoke to me yesterday and there is no cure for me as I am Stage IV and the chemo is

only extending my life as long as possible and I am only 54. She told me to enjoy my life

and do what I like to do. I told her my only hobby is cruising. So I told my wife then we are cruising every two months until the time comes. She said honey whatever you want to do we will do. So as long as I handle my chemo well on my off week from chemo I am cruising alot. If I am going to check out I am going to enjoy every minute and a ship is for me. So Radio I hope to meet you on the May 8th cruise. I am a Diamond Member so I will be in the CLUB.

Dave

Dave you are in our prayers...happy cruising..

awesome, I just booked OASIS today, D1 ocean balcony!! We leave April 3. can't wait. I'm sort of nervous about this huge ship. So far we have cruised: Mariner 2006 western Caribbean, Freedom, 2009 Eastern caribbean.

Please give us any tips you may have. We have never left from Ft. Lauderdale, any parking suggestions? We live in JAX, FL

Thanks

Lisa from Jax

To Dave and his wonderful wife, My prayers are with you each day! You and all those fighting cancer with a smile and a cruise plan help me get thru each day. I wish you many more cruises and the courage and hope to prove your Dr. wrong in her assessment.

I hope to meet you, Radio and TrainMan on one of our cruises! Take care and fight as hard as you can!

Thank you everyone for sending me your prayers - Cruise critic members have the biggest hearts and are the kindess people. Got my chemo yesterday for 7 hours and I now have the chemo pump hooked up to me for 46 hours. I go back tomorrow and they take out the pump. I get feed chemo from tues thru thursday so it's alot of chemo. I usually get sick

starting tomorrow.

Radio - We are booking the Explorer on May 8th as well.

Dave

You are so brave, and it makes our own problems seem miniscule. You are in my thoughts.

Wow. . I was really beat last night. We went to the Oasis of Dreams show again (It is much better at night), and Johnny Rockets.

They had a Fountain Music Show, again in the Aqua Theater. This is also much better at night.

Here are a few more pics from St Maarten.

Radio

There were several Resorts at Maho Beach. . . These aren’t your normal “Airport Hotels”

DSC08844.JPG

Maho Beach Warning !

DSC08840.JPG

The seating at the Sunset Beach Bar was wonderful, they also served breakfast and lunch.

DSC08841.JPG

Most of the people here were from the Oasis of the Seas. . .

DSC08880.JPG

Divi Little Bay Resort was on west side of a point that separated Little Bay from Great Bay, were our ship was docked.

DSC08899.JPG

There was a lot of shade here for those who wanted it.

DSC08924.JPG

Here are a couple more. . .

Radio

The Emerald Princess looks to be almost the same size as Oasis of the Seas, from up on Point Blanche. (We all know that’s not the case. . . .)

DSC08938.JPG

So long to St Maarten. . . I would like to come back soon (Maybe on Allure of the Seas!)

DSC08951.JPG

Back through Oasis security, and I am back home !

DSC08978.JPG

My Cabin (DECK 14/D6) is very close to the cantilevered spa.

DSC08985.JPG

Oasis used 2 of these gangways for passengers, and 1 for the crew

DSC08974.JPG

The passengers were in a long line to get back on board

DSC08989.JPG

Radio

If you get a chance.... I'd love to see photos of the Solarium Cafe and some more of the Solarium itself. Are there tables outside where you can eat (from the Solarium Cafe)?

Really enjoying your blog. We're booked for a back-to-back in Oct. Can't wait.

I will try to get more pics, but I have 100's of pics that I have not posted yet. They should be ready shortly after I return home, when I can load all of them to my server. . .

There are many tables outside of the actual Solarium Bistro. The menu there is structured to offer more healthy foods.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good morning everyone from Day 6 on Oasis of the Seas.

Is it really Thursday ? Wow. . . This week is going too fast. I haven’t done everything yet. I only have 2 more day to see and do everything. . . . Guess again. . . I won’t be able to do everything in just 1 week. Maybe not even 2 weeks.

We have a Theatre Tour today, and Galley tour. I know someone who wants to go to the sidewalk sale. I have the Ice Show, and “Come Fly with Me “ Show today. I can’t forget about Captain’s Corner at 2PM, and we still have to get on the Zip Line and Flowrider. . . I better get started.

Here are a few pics from this morning. It appears that we will have another sunny warm day !

Radio

Early morning on Oasis of the Seas up on Deck 16

TH6.JPG

Today will be a day of many activities when passengers wake up

TH3.JPG

The sun is trying hard to get up today. . .

TH2.JPG

The Solarium Bistro is almost ready to open. . .

TH7.JPG

I really want to go to Izumi, and have some Sushi.

TH4.JPG

More Izumi. . .

TH5.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The Sunset Bar & Grill even lists what time the flights come in. . .

DSC08842.JPG

We made it to Little Divi Bay Resort

DSC08912.JPG

We had some great views from here. . . (Downtown Phillipsburg)

DSC08925.JPG

Hey what’s that ship ?

DSC08929.JPG

Can't Wait to get back to Little Divi in August..great Place To Spend The Day.:) Thanks for Pic's Radio

Thanks for the pics Mark:)

Seeing the Emerald was cool, cause in two weeks I will be on her sitting in St Marteen next to the Oasis:) Cant freaking wait!!!!

Tim

That means, in two weeks, I'll be on Oasis in St. Marteen sitting next to the Emerald.

Just wanted to say thanks Radio again for your live post from the Oasis this week. It brings back so many warm and precious memories from my Dec. 5th Inaugural cruise- which BTW was incredible, and an experience I will never forget. Looks like overall, your weather has been much better too! Have a restful rest of your cruise and try to get some fun in as well. The Oasis is truly a magnificant ship and I definitely have plans to go back again perhaps on the Allure. Take care and thanks again!! :D

Radio,

I am so enjoying your pics :D Are you happy with your D6 cabin? I have a chance to switch from a D5 on deck 7 right by the forward elevators to a D6 or D7 on decks 10, 12 or 14. I would be saving some money by doing this - not a ton, but I have 2 cabins so it's about $160 total. I usually prefer deck 6 on Voyager class, so not sure if I would like to be that high up. So what are your thoughts on your cabin location? And what is your cabin # if you don't mind saying? ;)

Radio,

You have all of us back here in the "Real World" salivating over our upcoming cruises on the Oasis. I'm taking a few of your pics to a dinner meeting Friday night with two other couples we will be cruising with on the Oasis in April. I'm betting that they will be excited as DW and I are after perusing your fantastic pictures. Keep it up my man!

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Had time to go down to the Jazz club and check out the Austrailian Quartet? They were going by Austrailian Convinction on our sailing but were playing around with different names and could be going by something else now. Kat and her band are great and a really cool way to relax at the end of a night. But seeing how early you rise, you may be in bed by then :)

Cabs -

I use to live in Secaucus for 22 years when we first got married. I go to Valley Hospital in Paramus for my chemo. Hackensack is a great hospital for cancer though.

I wish ur husband the best. I'm going to prove the doctors wrong and fight back and last longer. They say staying positive works. I still haven't lost my sense of humor. I go to the hospital today at 1 and get the chemo pump taken out YEAH. I can take a shower today. So after today chemo is over until March 23rd. It's tough but I got a great family and I love to cruise (it's a addiction) so I have to fight.

I can't thank you all enough you are all so kind and thoughtful. I wish you all a 100 more cruises. I can't wait until April 11 to go on my cruise. The ship is suppose to be awesome.

Archived