Can S&S Cards Open Two Rooms?

We booked one of our sons and I in an inside cabin opposite an ocean view for my wife and other son. Obviously, we intend to swap the two boys (15 and 13) to the inside and we know Carnival allows this. My question is... Will they be able to set it up such that our S&S cards will open both rooms?

We booked one of our sons and I in an inside cabin opposite an ocean view for my wife and other son. Obviously, we intend to swap the two boys (15 and 13) to the inside and we know Carnival allows this. My question is... Will they be able to set it up such that our S&S cards will open both rooms?

Never heard of that but you should be able to get an additional card since are all one family.

Usually everyone gets their own S&S card and parents get a card to the other room. I don't know if they can set it up so that one card does both. I suppose if you wanted the boys to have the key to your room that could also be arranged- but why would you want to?

We have dealt with this before.... What they will do is give you another key to the kid's room and generally instead of your name will put something foolish on it like Mr Key so you know what it's for. Have a great cruise!!

Did they tell you the kids couldn't be booked by themselves directly across the hall? Some people have had success doing it and some haven't although you are supposed to be allowed to do that now.

I don't know if they can program one key to open 2 doors but when we went and had the same problem they just gave us an extra key for the other room.

keyonly.jpg

Bill

About 5 years ago we booked two cabins (inside and outside). We had to book one adult and one child for each cabin, though our teenagers stayed in the inside while we stayed in the outside. We asked about a solution for the keys, though we weren't given another card. We had to switch cards so the teenagers had a key to our cabin and we had a card to their cabin. Didn't seem very convenient, but it worked.

About 5 years ago we booked two cabins (inside and outside). We had to book one adult and one child for each cabin, though our teenagers stayed in the inside while we stayed in the outside. We asked about a solution for the keys, though we weren't given another card. We had to switch cards so the teenagers had a key to our cabin and we had a card to their cabin. Didn't seem very convenient, but it worked.

But then the child had a S&S card that could buy alcohol and you had a card that couldn't!

They will make new keys now.

On our last cruise on Paradise, we had to put one adult in each room (at least on paper) because the room were "directly across" from each other 1 door difference. For our Spirit cruise we were did not have to as they are directly across. I have also been told by my PVP and others on this board that when we get on ship the pursurs desk will get you an extra key for that room...

wcr

You don't really think the steward has a different card for each door, do you? The technology is there. Just not sure of policy.

Thanks for the responses!

The room steward has a key that opens all rooms. I really doubt that it is individually programmed to open specific multiple doors. There is a big difference between the two.

On our last cruise on Paradise, we had to put one adult in each room (at least on paper) because the room were "directly across" from each other 1 door difference. For our Spirit cruise we were did not have to as they are directly across. I have also been told by my PVP and others on this board that when we get on ship the pursurs desk will get you an extra key for that room...

wcr

When was your last cruise? Firefly has been posting a rule that CCL will now allow you to book a cabin for the kids within 3 doors of you or something like that.

Bill

Archived