The wait is killing me!

I have 75 days to go and I'm seriously getting antsy for the cruise. All I think about is the cruise, hard to focus. So I'm hanging out at CC just to get a fix. I'm pouring over my detailed planning (spreadsheets, savings info, etc.) I'll talk to anyone about cruising. I don't know if I'll get my mind off of cruising, but I'm not sure I want too. ;)

Kerrie:)

I come on CC and watch my countdown clock.

I also read as many reviews as I can, especially with pictures.

I plan wardrobe and go on-line shopping. I don't buy much but

I think about whether something would work well on the cruise.

The sad part is that the anticipation makes it seem like the cruise

will never begin. But, once you reach embarkation day, the cruise

goes by so fast. So, enjoy the planning and anticipation because

it is a big part of the cruise.

We leave for Miami in 73 days to board Liberty of The Seas. We are arriving 2 days early and staying over 1 day after the cruise. Miami's airport is a zoo on Sunday. I bide my time with work, looking at these boards and checking for price drops. Not always in that order. My work some what suffers when we have a cruise booked. My boss just shakes his head.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. :)

I'm going on my first cruise next Monday and am scared, yet excited. I am not doing a good job of concentrating at work and my friends and family are teasing me. I feel like a kid waiting on a field trip. :D

I'm not sure how you're staying cool with all the changes ahead of you, but I bet a cruise ship is the best place to start your new life.

Have fun and good luck!

I like the way you put this... I do this too.

Kerrie:)

Ahoy all cruisers out there.....

To past the time away, I too visit here more often looking for hints on how to enjoy the cruise to its fullest!

My most anticipated cruise was our Alaskan sail on the Radiance! Oh my gosh...... I highly recommend this to everyone! There are many private recommended tours that you can take.

The Cruise Addict syndrome hit us again, so we booked yesterday for a five night cruise on the Navigator of the Seas for this Saturday... Living in Florida has its perks besides our weather!... We can't wait!

sigh ... good question.

My last cruise was June 08 (on Grandeur BTW -- it will be a beautiful ship to get married on!) My next one is in December 10 ... was supposed to be December 09, but had to be pushed back. 18 mo was long enough to wait. 30 mo is about killing me. :D

Since once you have a cruise booked there is no human way to keep your mind off it, you just have to keep busy. I make little lists when I'm at work. At home I go on CC, look at clothes on line, make more lists , check to make sure my clothes haven't been eaten by aliens (the ones I'm taking on my cruise are the only ones I care about...LOL). Shop the sales to see if I can add to my summer wear. And this time since we are taking our girls I have triple the shopping to do ... OH THE SORROW:D. Already picked up a few really nice gowns for me and a few outfits and a gown for my youngest.

We're almost down to single digits and I can't stand it. I check my packing list daily, rearrange my suitcase every other day, complain to anyone who will listen that I'm going on a cruise soon and I wish I were there NOW!

Also, I pull out some videos to get me in the mood, Weekend at Bernie's (1 or 2, either will do the trick) Overboard, Capt. Ron.

And of course, cruise cruise critic every spare moment that I have.

I think a big part of the value of cruising, for me, is not just the relatively low cost of cruising, but also how the vacation is extended through anticipation before and reflection after. The memories we've created are so vivid and worth so much. A cruise is not just the time on the ship it's the intense looking forward and looking back. I'm still getting my money's worth out of all of my past cruises, and even my future cruises.

I don't sail until July 3rd!...I get more and more excited everyday esp reading CC...What does everyone do to make the time go by faster or do to keep your mind off of cruising?

I know how you feel. We are from Australia and going on our first cruise and first visit to the United States in May! I am so excited and distracted with eveything else except this holiday... can't wait.

I know exactly how you feel! I've never even cruised before. I'm getting married this May on Freedom of the Seas, and it seems like the time is just crawwwling by. I know that the cruise will FLY by like all other vacations I've been on, so I'm enjoying the planning part of it. I do what the others have posted, browse clothes/shoes online, browse these forums, and I have a little notebook for all the tips I've read on here.

I feel ya. All I do these days is hang out on Cruise Critics, look over my deck plans, shop for cruising items and drive the husband and coworkers crazy.

This is our first cruise and it will be in May on the Mariner of the Seas.

75 days away......and I know each day I will think....crusin. :D

Archived