Cape Liberty/Bayonne 411 - New and Improved!

megr1125

Meg, wow, thank you SO much for your suggestions and links! I just woke up and on my way out, but will research all this later.

138east (Carol?), yes I am seriously considering trading Manhattan for Princeton or around.. need to research a bit first as I haven't much really, but am getting exited about it!

Yup..138east is Carol....

Ok...i will be here...or around so whenever you get bored....you know where to find me....

you can do a lot of stuff in princeton and around....

glad to be of help...

(i've lived 10 minutes away all my life...so i have princeton, flemington, lambertville, new hope etc pretty much covered!)

Thanks megr...do you know if that shopping center has a name?

M.

yes it does....now if i can just remember....hmm..

sadly i can't figure it out but there is a BIG sign listing all the stores...there is a Wendy's, Houlihans, Dunkin Donuts, laundromat and it is RIGHT next to the entrance to the pier...

(great I googled it and MY blog came up..sheesh!:rolleyes:)

It's Lefante Way (the name of the street..) You really CAN'T miss it....

If you are coming off the NJ Turnpike you will have to go a bit past it and make a "jughandle" (we don't usually make things easy in NJ-thus you can't make a LEFT turn, you have to go right to go left....:eek:)

I want to say north cove, or south cove or point or something....

sorry...i will try and remember...

THANK goodness for google street view....

North Cove...lookie here!;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=stop+and+shop&sll=40.668522,-74.107343&sspn=0.003255,0.010525&ie=UTF8&radius=0.28&split=1&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=stop+and+shop&hnear=&ll=40.668538,-74.107364&spn=0,359.989475&t=k&z=17&layer=c&cbll=40.668781,-74.107493&panoid=bqC5c2TY69kNgLfPKXJ8Pg&cbp=12,49.08,,0,-28.42

Hi Mabers!

The Liquor store you are looking for is on 440 south past the turnoff for the pier if you are coming off the turnpike. There is a liquor store in the shopping center but Bridgeview has a better selection and prices. After exiting the liquor store you will have to get in the left lane to take the exit for the u turn. I am not sure what time they open on Sunday. It is only a few minutes past the pier turnoff so you won't use up much time stopping. If you have any other Bayonne questions I will try to answer them for you. Have a great day!!!

megr and maisey.....lol at this whole thing! The only reason I would like specific instructions to get to Bridgeview is that we will be in transit with a car service. Last year the same service didn't have a clue where Bridgeview was, so we ended up in what I think was this mall you are referring to, but in a different (not as good) wine store. If I could google the name of the place I could get a map (maybe) and zoom right in on Bridgeview location. Time is of the essence! We don't want to be wandering around not knowing where we are headed.

All for 2 bottles of wine.....who knew? (But there will be 5 of us x2 = 10!)

M.

megr and maisey.....lol at this whole thing! The only reason I would like specific instructions to get to Bridgeview is that we will be in transit with a car service. Last year the same service didn't have a clue where Bridgeview was, so we ended up in what I think was this mall you are referring to, but in a different (not as good) wine store. If I could google the name of the place I could get a map (maybe) and zoom right in on Bridgeview location. Time is of the essence! We don't want to be wandering around not knowing where we are headed.

All for 2 bottles of wine.....who knew? (But there will be 5 of us x2 = 10!)

M.

JMO but seems like a PITA....however, its 10 bottles...sheesh!:p

happy hunting!

Is there anything new on the parking lot / Car spray paint issue?

PLs keep us posted as the warmer months approach--we will have to drive there & park & have a black car--that'll look bad with white paint..we'll probably buy a car cover.

When booking the hotel for the Park and Fly, do we have to pay in advance with our credit card. I don't mind giving my credit card to guarantee my rate, however, I would prefer not to pay in advance.

https://trinityreservations.com/faq.php

I found this information under FAQs on the trinity website..

yes your card will be charged....that's why you're getting a better rate...you're paying ahead.....BUT if you cancel within the time (seems to be by noon the day before, but i didn't really retain that part....you will get a refund....) i suggest taking a look at the FAQs adn fine print before you commit.....you cannot cancel via the hotel directly.

you can always try marriott.com and see what they offer...the FFI now has a park n cruise rate (does not include a shuttle though...) rates vary.

I don't know the answer to your question. It's hard to tell from their cancellation policy on the web site. I think you'll have to contact them directly to get an answer.

Cancellation Policy:By 12 noon Eastern Standard Time, one day prior to your arrival. (All Cancellations must be made through this site by 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time one day

prior to your arrival date for a full refund other wise your card will be charged. If necessary you may call 845-790-3309 no later than 12 noon Eastern

Standard Time one day prior to your arrival to cancel your reservation with a full refund.) Cancellations after this time will not be accepted and your

card will be charged for the full package rateCancellation Policy:By 12 noon Eastern Standard Time, one day prior to your arrival. (All Cancellations must be made through this site by 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time one day

prior to your arrival date for a full refund other wise your card will be charged. If necessary you may call 845-790-3309 no later than 12 noon Eastern

Standard Time one day prior to your arrival to cancel your reservation with a full refund.) Cancellations after this time will not be accepted and your

card will be charged for the full package rate

I also came up with another suggestion for you all going into New York. Drive north on the NJ turnpike to Exit 15X - Secaucus Junction (follow the signs to the Eastern Spur or Lincoln Tunnel to get to this exit). You should be able to park for $10 or less (check out Secaucus Junction parking). The train to NY is currently $3.25 for adults - this will probably go up before the end of the year. Kids are 1/2 price. IMO Secaucus Junction is much easier to find than downtown Newark or Jersey City.

Public transportation requires a few steps, but if you're light enough on luggage and not intimated by the adventure you can save a few bucks. Using a "shuttle" service to Newark Airport, then airport transportation to New York City involves just as many steps, but since airport transportation is relatively expensive you'll be paying a steep premium for service that's really not any more convenient than public transportation direct.

Alternative 1

1. From the Cape Liberty Cruise Port you'll have to leave by taxi, but by hiring the taxi to go only so far as the 34th Street light rail station your fare will be under $10.

2. From the 34th Street light rail station board a northbound train to Hoboken. Buy tickets before boarding at $1.90 each, cash and credit cards accepted.

3. From Hoboken station walk across the train station concourse and descend the steps into the PATH station. Buy tickets before boarding at $1.75 each, cash and credit cards accepted. Board a train destined for 33rd Street.

4. From the 33rd Street station ascend to street level, then walk one block west to Seventh Avenue where Pennsylvania Station is located.

Alternative 2

1. From the Cape Liberty Cruise Port you'll have to leave by taxi, but by hiring the taxi to go only so far as the intersection of 32nd Street and John F. Kennedy Blvd your fare will be under $10.

2. From the intersection of 32nd Street and John F. Kennedy Blvd board a northbound route 10 or 99S Coach USA bus destined for New York City. Pay the $4.00 exact fare on board with cash only.

3. Alight at the last stop, Port Authority Bus Terminal. Either walk downtown/southbound on Eighth Avenue for 7 blocks (i.e., from 40th Street to 33rd Street) to Pennsylvania Station, or ride the subway (A.C, or E trains) downtown/southbound one stop. The subway fare is $2.25 per person, cash and credit cards accepted.

We are arriving on the Summit April 25th. Thinking about Alternative 2 as we need to get to the Port Authority Bus terminal to catch a bus to Boston. Will either the 10 or 99S coach bus work for us on a Sunday?

The bus runs hourly on a Sunday - http://www.coachusa.com. However, I'd keep my options flexible. If the weather is bad, I'd take the light rail and Path - you don't want to be standing on a street corner in Bayonne where there may be no bus shelter. Same if your timing is bad and you have to wait a long time for a bus. The light rail and Path run about every 15 minutes on a Sunday. In NYC a cab from 33rd and 6th to 41st and 8th should run about $10.

Wowee!!!

a) Pre-book cruise package at Country Inn & Suites, Elizabeth, NJ.

good!

you'll have to wait til end of april or beginning of may as most hotels can only be booked 300-330 days out.

b) Put motorcycle in truck and drive to Elizabeth, NJ. (from MN)

YIKES.....but hey, knock yourself out!

c) Take luggage to port via their shuttle service.

d) Go back to hotel (how? cab--enough time?), unload motorcycle and drive it to port. -Or should I take all luggage to port via shuttle and leave DH to drive motorcycle to port on his own?- And meet him where the bikes board?

OK.....this sounds like a PITA as you'll spend $100 bucks in cab fares...(or car service...same difference..) I would go with option D

e) Leave truck parked at hotel during cruise

yup

f) reverse after disembarking

yup!

Dreaming of Floating.......................Again...................................

Sharon

see above...i don't think it's worth the hassle and expense to go to the pier, then back then back...PLUS you'd get stuck waiting for a cab...

as for the motorcycles....can't help you as everyone goes thru the terminal..unless they do something different for this cruise...

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise to Bermuda in July. We will be leaving out of Bayonne. We are planning on driving. We plan on staying in the area the night before and hope to leave our car at the hotel where we stay and catch a shuttle to the port.

1) What are some hotels that offer park/ride services?

2) Will it truly be worth leaving our car at the hotel OR would it be just as

easy to park at the port?

Any other tips/advice that you have to offer would be great!

Tina

Do you know if Cape Liberty port offers free parking to handicapped drivers?

I know we get that at Port of Miami but not Lauderdale. Just wondering about Bayonne.

thanks

Do you know if Cape Liberty port offers free parking to handicapped drivers?

I know we get that at Port of Miami but not Lauderdale. Just wondering about Bayonne.

thanks

not to my knowledge...we need all the cash we can get!

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise to Bermuda in July. We will be leaving out of Bayonne. We are planning on driving. We plan on staying in the area the night before and hope to leave our car at the hotel where we stay and catch a shuttle to the port.

1) What are some hotels that offer park/ride services?

2) Will it truly be worth leaving our car at the hotel OR would it be just as

easy to park at the port?

Any other tips/advice that you have to offer would be great!

Tina

check my blog ( link below) for a couple ideas for park n cruise....

there is a Hilton Garden Inn on staten island that offers this...

and there are 3 or 4 that have park n cruise without transportation ...

(the info is on my blog....it's a few marriott brands, plus the country inn and suites.)

Parking at the pier is 19 bucks a day plus tax....car service/cab fare is around 45 bucks...

as for convenience...parking at the pier is the best, but i can't be bothered! LOL! i would rather let a driver deal with the traffic....(which can be horrible or not so bad, kinda depends on the weather and phase of the moon!):D

BTW i think i am going to a sox/indians game this week since i will be in chicago...i am a National league girl (go phils) but i love a good game!

Tina,

The very least expensive way to do this appears to be Country Inns. The park/cruise is $167 incl tax and the extra parking is about $35. You have to call them directly to get a precise quote.

However, it might be worth it to you to spend some more money and plan to park at the pier. Parking would be $133. For 7/24 you can get a decent room at the airport for $90-$100. You also have the option of staying in the Secaucus area, which IMO is a lot nicer. Unlike Meg, I always park at the port. If you stay at Country Inns, you must sign up for a shuttle time when you get there and you are waiting on their schedule when you disembark. If you really want to hit the road to get back to Ohio, you may want to spend some extra money so you can just get off the ship, get in your car, and hit the road. If you can self-disembark, you will be among the first folks off.

You are doing all this on a Sunday, which is absolutely the best day of the week traffic-wise. The Explorer cruise we take always leaves on a Sunday and it is always an easy drive.

Hi, fellow CC's......

I am looking for advice on the fastest and safest way to get to and from the Statue of Liberty from Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ, without taking out a mortgage?? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Dreaming of Floating....................Again........................ :D

Sharon

Archived