Favorite Shots?

dk1

Hi DK1, My very favorite shot is " Wedding Cake " it tasts just like vanilla cake with the buttercream frosting. It can also be altered to make Chocolate cake shots and German chocolate cake shots. Below is the recipe: But be warned, you cannot taste any alcohol.

----------- Wedding Cake Shots ------------

1/2 oz Stoli or other vanilla vodka

1/2 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur

1 lemon, sliced

Granulated sugar

Mix vanilla vodka and Frangelico together in a shot glass. Before taking a shot, dredge a lemon slice in sugar. Drink the shot and immediately bite the lemon. ** some folks bite the lemon before the shot. Some folks also use powdered suger. I like the granulated though.

----------- Chocolate Cake Shots -------------

.75 oz Frangelico

.75 oz vodka (regular not vanilla)

Granulated sugar

Use a large or double size shot glass. Dip the rim of the glass in water then roll in granulated sugar to coat. In a shaker filled 1/2 with ice, add Frangelico and vodka. Shake and strain into the shot glass.

------------ German Chocolate Cake Shots -------------

.75 oz Coconut flavor Rum

.75 oz Frangelico

Granulated Sugar

Use a large double shot glass. Wet rim of glass with water then roll in sugar. In a shaker filled with 1/2 ice add Frangelico and Rum. Shake and Stir. Strain into sugar lined shot glass.

Enjoy Everybody! :)

Chocolate cake shots are the best!!!:D

I needed some of these great ideas! One of my favorite shots is SoCo and Lime juice (Southern Comfort and lime juice). Had several at a friends 40th birthday in Vegas several years ago and don't remember much after that :eek:

I like different shots, however I have found on cruises if it wasn't on their menu they wouldn't make it. Most often many had no idea what we were even trying to order - if they don't know what it is you don't want them trying to make it. My sister and her husband just tried getting an electric lemonade on a cruise, after going to multiple bars, he found one bartender that knew what he was asking for. He then never went to another bar all cruise.

Fireball Whiskey (straight up shot). The cinnamon burn feeling is wonderful and really tastes good.

I like Fireball, too, but I ask for mine shaken over ice and then strained into a shot glass straight up. It's great cold and goes down easier for me.

My all-time favorite is American Honey, which is made by Wild Turkey. Similar to Fireball, but it tastes like honey rather than cinnamon. I like it the same way, shaken over ice before pouring into a shot glass. Unfortunately, they don't have this on the ships. An alternative is Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, but it has kind of a sour aftertaste that I don't like.

These flavored/infused liqueurs are all the rage around home right now. Fireball had to be really popular for the cruise bars to start stocking it.