and you thought not wearing a suit on formal night was bad...

guttermandave

on our 1-16 valor cruise....the 2nd formal nite, i noticed 2 young guys enter the dining room in their formal wear...dresses complete with makeup...no kidding....the kicker is, not only did they not ask them to leave, waiters were getting their picture with them, the maitre'd was laughing, they were the highlight of the crowd!! kinda makes me look nice in my polo shirt and khakis on formal nite!!!!

On the first formal night on the Glory last year, two guys and a girl walked in looking like the Beverly Hillbillies. The guys had on overalls and I don't remember what the girl had on, but I remember she was wearing a bandana on her head. The were obviously trying to make a point, but I didn't give them a second look. Heck, as long as it didn't keep me from getting my filet mignon, I didn't care what they were wearing. ;)

While on the Star Princess last Oct on formal night, there was a man wearing a tux on his top half of his body and a white filly(wedding type) dress on his lower half. He was with a group of 250 gays on our cruise.

not wanting to get in the middle of a heated discussion, I hesitate to reply, BUT.. There are many non-gay men who actively participate in 'cross dressing', which is not all that abnormal in this society. :)

If a man desires to 'dress' formally as a woman, to dine in the dining room on formal nite, how could the Maitre' D or anyone forbid them entry? They followed the guidelines presented by the cruise line! ;)

It actually brings a smile to my face.. kinda' a hoot!! :rolleyes:

not wanting to get in the middle of a heated discussion, I hesitate to reply, BUT.. There are many non-gay men who actively participate in 'cross dressing', which is not all that abnormal in this society. :)

If a man desires to 'dress' formally as a woman, to dine in the dining room on formal nite, how could the Maitre' D or anyone forbid them entry? They followed the guidelines presented by the cruise line! ;)

It actually brings a smile to my face.. kinda' a hoot!! :rolleyes:

Oh Noooooooo

There are many non-gay men who actively participate in 'cross dressing', which is not all that abnormal in this society. :)

"fact" of cross-dressing and of the historcially recurrent fascination with it

from

http://prelectur.stanford.edu/lecturers/garber/vested.html

Crossdressing becomes sinful only when it is the sole love object,

from

http://mysite.verizon.net/garfield25/northwestpatrans/library/crossdressingsaint.html

derf, I was amazed it took you so long... :rolleyes:

I thought this thread was about "Mixing Salad Dressing"

I thought this thread was about "People upset about dressing up formally"

I thought this thread was about "People dressing Crosses"

It IS called the fun ship, isn't it?:D

Absolutely!! And here I am searching and searching... I seem to remember it was a red dress??

Now how am I going to find it???

I wonder how the OP knew they were 'guys'.. Most crossdressers are really picky about what they wear and how they look.. usually to the point that no one would know.. ;) Guessing it must have been a gag if the OP knew, or.. :p Was one of them wearing a red dress, and went by the name of Randy or something like that.. :eek:

i am the OP...and believe me...they were guys....it was a gag....they were college guys dressed as girls (very very badly)...they even had there girlfriends with them for goodness sake!! they werent cross-dressers....it was obviously a gag by some college kids.

I did see this photograph..........now where was it?;)

Oops, I know someone that might have that photo :eek: But I might know "someone" that would take a bribe :D LOL!!!!!

I think if you wear something from the suggested attire, it should not matter if you are a man or woman.... I have seen women wear pants suits and not be kicked out.... Many men across the world do wear makeup. I have seen people dressed in WAY worse! LOL!!!!!!!

I think if you wear something from the suggested attire, it should not matter if you are a man or woman.... I have seen women wear pants suits and not be kicked out.... Many men across the world do wear makeup. I have seen people dressed in WAY worse! LOL!!!!!!!

I'm sure Derf could jump in here with something about powdered wigs; rouge; makeup, etc. on men. From an entirely historical perspective that is.:D

stlrbooI'm sure the 'Host' in question will appear on this post in no time and let everyone know about the reaction he received when 'caught' in the act.. :pYesterday 02:48 PM

It would be nice to hear his thoughts on this subject.;)

Archived