Bathroom Goodies?

mimigirl54

Hmmmm...let me think...maybe an exchange for other liquids (booze). My supply is getting low at work:D. It's been a rough week:eek:.

:eek: Your real name isn't Barb, is it? Used to work with Barb who hid her vodka in the toilet tank at work. She didn't get fired when she went after the controller with a fly swatter. But she just had to escalate to a butcher knife, didn't she?

Yeah, I can probably arrange "other liquids" :)

Hmmmm...let me think...maybe an exchange for other liquids (booze). My supply is getting low at work:D. It's been a rough week:eek:.

I'll buy you a drink onboard if you need one but you can keep your Elemis stuff. How's that for a deal?

:eek: Your real name isn't Barb, is it? Used to work with Barb who hid her vodka in the toilet tank at work. She didn't get fired when she went after the controller with a fly swatter. But she just had to escalate to a butcher knife, didn't she?

Yeah, I can probably arrange "other liquids" :)

Yikes....scary story. We don't have toilets tanks at work and we don't even have drawers in a desk...just a table. Makes it hard to hide "the liquids":D.

I miss the old HAL stuff - I still have one bottle of the ginseng body lotion that they used to provide......

Yes, that lotion was my absolute favorite. I tried to source some out for myself, and I did find a supplier ... unfortunately, they sell only to the hospitality industry and not direct to individuals. Hey, I woulda bought a whole case from them, but no dice!

The Elemis products began showing up on HAL ships in 2005.

We were on the Zuiderdam at that time. The first segment of our cruise we had the Royal Dutch products. Then the second segment the Elemis products were placed in the bathroom. DH tried them and had a reaction during the night. He takes quite a few medications and figured that the products caused the probelm. Fortunately our cabin steward still had some Royal Dutch shampoos and soap around. Once he switched back to those products -- no problems. I used the hand soaps -- dried out my hands.

So now we take our own shampoos, comditioners and hand soaps.

Elemis products were first introduced for guests on HAL ships when Noordam was Dedicated, February 22, 2006.

It is amazing how quickly an allergic reaction can strike and how unexpectedly it hits. I have very sensitive skin, break out when I change brands, keep certain things with me that are for sensitive skin (nothing like formal night with a red mask-like face:eek:); I ran out on a cruise and gingerly tried HAL's Elemis. Nothing. I love the shampoo and soap and eventually, since DH refuses to book cruises just so I can get a supply of Elemis stuff, I found their online site and order through them. You just never know what exactly is in things you are lathering on even though the labels tell you generally what's what. So if anyone else wants to dump their Elemis, let me know. margretha

Archived