Bathroom Goodies?

mimigirl54

Ok...I've searched the boards and can't find an answer to this question. What, exactly, does HAL have as a way of bathroom amenities for a standard outside stateroom? Shampoo? Lotion? Other? I want to pack as light as possible and if their offerings are decent I would prefer to leave my large bottles of "stuff" at home. :cool:

HAL provides wonderful Elemis products for all cabins.

There is shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath/shower gel, bath soap, face soap and a shower cap. If you use something up, the steward will resupply.

We really like Elemis.

The Elemis products include:

1.7 ounce bottle - Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

1.7 ounce bottle - Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

JMO -- we don't like them.

I also ended up with a rash after using their shower gel, and ended up having to take antihistamines to get rid of it. I bought the empty travel size bottles and now just fill them with my own products.

So if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies you might want to have a backup just in case.

I'm another who has an allergic reaction to the Elemis products (my hands turn bright red when using the soap and I'll have large red welts if I scratch my skin). I bring my own Dove soap and shampoo/conditioner. Some love Elemis, DH is fine with them. I guess I'm a little more sensitive. :rolleyes:

The Elemis products are WONDERFUL...............special soap for your face as well.

The lotion is excellent.

Your Room Steward will replace them often.

Strange, everyone we know really enjoys these products..........this is the first time I've heard of "allergies.":confused:

The other good thing is the containers..................you don't stand in the shower trying to tear open some tiny cardboard container (like on Princess), they are small plastic bottles with easy to open tops.

The Elemis products are WONDERFUL...............special soap for your face as well.

The lotion is excellent.

Your Room Steward will replace them often.

Strange, everyone we know really enjoys these products..........this is the first time I've heard of "allergies.":confused:

The other good thing is the containers..................you don't stand in the shower trying to tear open some tiny cardboard container (like on Princess), they are small plastic bottles with easy to open tops.

Allergic reactions can occur with the best of products if the wrong person comes in contact with them. I went to a home party once when I was younger and tried some sample makeup on my face. The next morning my face was covered with welts---looked like I had been worked over. :eek:They took days to disappear and ever since then I have stuck with my hypo-allergenic Clinique and will not try anything else.

Some people --the lucky ones---are very fortunate in that they don't have an adverse reaction to any product.

I quite like the Elemis body lotion but find that the shampoo turns my hair to straw so I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.
I had that same problem with the Elemis shampoo. Fortunately, I had brought my own shampoo and conditioner and used it instead. I thought the problem was due to being on a Caribbean cruise and swimming in the ocean, which tends to dry my hair anyway. Then, Hubby and I took a weekend trip to Austin right before Christmas and the hotel we stayed in offered Elemis products. I tried the shampoo/conditioner again, but same dry/straw hair problem. I guess Elemis products simply aren't meant for my hair.

I didn't have any reactions to the soap or lotion. I prefer my own cleansing products for my face so didn't even try the face soap. The shower gel was okay but I didn't care for the scent so used my own.

this is the first time I've heard of "allergies.":confused:
I've posted in the past that I being my own soap due to the reaction I have to the Elemis and I've seen others also post they do too. I am confused why you appear to be questioning my "allergies". :confused: My palms don't turn bright red when washing my hands other soaps. Believe it or not, they do with Elemis. As sapper1 states: "Allergic reactions can occur with the best of products if the wrong person comes in contact with them."

We like the Elemis products but do carry our own regular shampoos and soaps. If we've had any problem it's been with the soap as it tends to be a bit drying for both of us. When we do use the supplied items we've had no problem getting them replaced/replenished.

Oh my goodness! So many opionions. :confused:

I guess I'll bring my own "stuff", although I've never had an allergic reaction to anything. I'll give HAL's offerings a try, though. Never hurts to try!

Thanks for all the advice, folks. You guys are great! :D

I am confused why you appear to be questioning my "allergies". :confused:

:confused: Sorry you took it personally..................I was just stating I'd never heard people say they had reactions, that's all.

Several others stated they had reactions...........

I am "off the boards" for months and then back when I'm cruising and hadn't ever seen such statements.

I think the products are mediocre at best. I use nice products at home so my opinion may be different then others.

So what kind of deal can we make for the elemis products you get? :) I'm not sure I've got much of value, but maybe, if you don't set the bar too high, we could work out a deal! :D

I miss the old HAL stuff - I still have one bottle of the ginseng body lotion that they used to provide......

I agree. I hate the Elemis handbody lotion. It is so watery. It doesn't do the job on my hands. So now I bring my own.

The Elemis products began showing up on HAL ships in 2005.

We were on the Zuiderdam at that time. The first segment of our cruise we had the Royal Dutch products. Then the second segment the Elemis products were placed in the bathroom. DH tried them and had a reaction during the night. He takes quite a few medications and figured that the products caused the probelm. Fortunately our cabin steward still had some Royal Dutch shampoos and soap around. Once he switched back to those products -- no problems. I used the hand soaps -- dried out my hands.

So now we take our own shampoos, comditioners and hand soaps.

So what kind of deal can we make for the elemis products you get? :) I'm not sure I've got much of value, but maybe, if you don't set the bar too high, we could work out a deal! :D

Hmmmm...let me think...maybe an exchange for other liquids (booze). My supply is getting low at work:D. It's been a rough week:eek:.

Archived