What was your first post about?

shipty2

What was your first post on Cruise Critic about?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first post on Cruise Critic about?

• A complaint about the cruise/cruiseline/agent
    • A compliment about the cruise/cruiseline/agent
    • A review of your cruise
    • Asking or answering a question
    • Other

It is interesting that very often if a person's first post on cruise critic is a complaint many people jump on them right away.

My first post(back in 2000 before the boards changed and they lost my posts) was a complaint about the agent I had booked with who had not sent me my cruise docs. I was very upset about it as I hadn't any cruise experience yet and at the time thought it was a big deal. Of course now that wouldn't faze me at all (obviously not at all with Carnival as they have edocs now.

Being a newbie, this is an easy answer. Helping someone with a Jamaica question and helping myself in the process, lol.

Sweet Tea's First Post

As of an hour ago I've moved up the ladder and have started my first thread! I'm running amok! :D

Sweet Tea's First Thread: Carnival Conquest - Cabin Dilemma for First Time Cruiser

So glad I found CC, it's a great place with so many helpful people.

This sounds intriguing! Has to be a story somewhere :D

"XYZZY" was the "magic word" in an old apple computer game in the early 80s that magically transported you from the starting area to a cave. When I first logged on, I saw a thread I liked and magically plopped myself into the middle of it.:D:D

"XYZZY" was the "magic word" in an old apple computer game in the early 80s that magically transported you from the starting area to a cave. When I first logged on, I saw a thread I liked and magically plopped myself into the middle of it.:D:D

LOL--I never would have gotten that connection (although I do remember the days of the huge floppy disks that really were floppy)!!!:eek:

My first post was a comment to a thread about " changing baby diapers on the ship tables" Boy did I get SLAMMED for what I said. :eek: It scared me off from this site for about a month. Now I can laugh about it. But, Wow, folks can really get heated up when there is " hot-topic " out there. Another thread that I didn't even dare comment on was the " Breast-feeding in the MDR " Whew !!!!!! Lots of popcorn for that one.

What'd Jimmy do? :confused:

mm24fan is right. But jimmy (as in Buffett) is actually responsible for me taking my first cruise! As a loyal Parrothead but unfortunately someone who never really travelled much I always wanted to go to Margaritaville and there are none close to VA. A group of us were presented with an opportunity to go on a cruise out of Baltimore (on the then BRAND NEW Miracle) to Key West! No airfare and a visit to Margaritaville! What are we waiting for?The rest is history...now looking forward to my 7th cruise and its all Jimmy's fault!!

Sorry it's not a more exciting story!:D

Goodness! I'm sure it was a question about cruising, but I have a hard time remembering last week, let alone 10 years ago!

My first post was back in the old AOL days...there are a few people still around who answered questions for me way back when! I had a blast planning and researching my first cruise!

Archived