Looking for drink suggestions

etc1etc1etc1

My wife ad I are leaving in a week on a 5 day cruise on Century. We are not heavy drinkers but enjoy the occasional vodka tonic, martini or beer by the pool. We are both looking to branch out and try some new and interesting drinks, both evenning and pool/day type. Any suggestions of drinks you have really liked would be appreciated.

My wife ad I are leaving in a week on a 5 day cruise on Century. We are not heavy drinkers but enjoy the occasional vodka tonic, martini or beer by the pool. We are both looking to branch out and try some new and interesting drinks, both evenning and pool/day type. Any suggestions of drinks you have really liked would be appreciated.

Just off the Century. Ask "Boom Boom" the bartender to make his Cosmopolitan for you. I have tried Cosmos at all the Martini bars and his is the best, excellent.

Enjoy!

Like you, I am not a very adventurous drinker. We went on our fisrt cruise last year and I decided that I would try the DOD every day.It was interesting trying different things outside my norm. Some I had only one and some (like the Dirty Bananna) I had often during the week.

What type of drink are you looking for? They have alot of choices in

the Martini Bar:D...want to try a dessert drink? The Chocolate Martini

is YUMMY:D

If you want to try and adult coffee? The Aspen is one of my alltime

favorites:) It is a 1/3 Kahluah, 1/3 Baileys, 1/3 Frangelica served in

a stemmed glass and the coffee is poured on top of those the 3..with

cream on top....it is fabulous:)

You might want to check out the full menu in the Martini Bar...they

have some decatant, delicious, flavors!:D

Oh, on a hot day in the Caribbean? A Mudslide is yummy too!

OK, try this one: Pisco Sour. Pisco is a very popular Chilian (and Peru, Bolivia....) liquor. Had it on our S American cruise. Forgot to check on our next Euorpean one to see if it was aval or just brought on board the Infinity for the S American cruises...had a lot of Argentinians and other Latins - great fun!

Pisco is a grape liquor, a brandy. But try it if it's avail. Great stuff.

Denny

What type of drink are you looking for? They have alot of choices in

the Martini Bar:D...want to try a dessert drink? The Chocolate Martini

is YUMMY:D

If you want to try and adult coffee? The Aspen is one of my alltime

favorites:) It is a 1/3 Kahluah, 1/3 Baileys, 1/3 Frangelica served in

a stemmed glass and the coffee is poured on top of those the 3..with

cream on top....it is fabulous:)

You might want to check out the full menu in the Martini Bar...they

have some decatant, delicious, flavors!:D

Oh, on a hot day in the Caribbean? A Mudslide is yummy too!

Great suggestions. On Solstice, we were told they no longer feature Aspen Coffee but will make it upon request b/c it is so popular--it is one of our all time favorites.....& the hit of many parties at home...

I would try one of these just so I could say Pimm's Cup.

Agree, but I'd have to put an Ascot on, and wear a Blue Blazer with a fake CC emblem on the pocket. White pants would finish it off?? And of course, mention how much I just loved last year's Glyndebourne Opera Festival!

One of the reasons I like to wear a Tux is so I can walk up and order a Martini, dry, gin (Saphire of coursse). I don't do the 'shaken, not stirred' because that must stay with '007'.

Denny

Frozen margaritas are the way to go. They did after all help Jimmy Buffett hang on.

I try drink one (or more) on a frequent basis. I would like to point out though that I drink them for medicinal purposes only, not for pleasure. Lime juice, a key ingredient, is very effective in the never ending battle to prevent the onset of scurvy. After all, when was the last time you heard about a case of scurvy breaking out around a Mexican Restaurant??

For a little variety you might try a Bahama Momma. One word of caution - don't try blowing out any matches after consuming a couple of these high octane creations.;):D;)

Frozen margaritas are the way to go. They did after all help Jimmy Buffett hang on.

I try drink one (or more) on a frequent basis. I would like to point out though that I drink them for medicinal purposes only, not for pleasure. Lime juice, a key ingredient, is very effective in the never ending battle to prevent the onset of scurvy. After all, when was the last time you heard about a case of scurvy breaking out around a Mexican Restaurant??

For a little variety you might try a Bahama Momma. One word of caution - don't try blowing out any matches after consuming a couple of these high octane creations.;):D;)

Yes, for medicinal reasons Only......that's why I have a gin w quinine. Keeps the Malaria in check. I've never came down with it on any cruise. Now if they'd only come up with a good anit-noro drink! Hold on, it must be wine! I've had a glass of wine every day of a cruise and never had a problem.

Real 'Navy' story: years ago, the Navy came out with a message stating that Quinine could 'collect' in the inner ear, and impact balance, and stated we were not to drink quinine within 72hrs of flying. So I'd walk into the Club, order a Gin and Quinine, and then yell, 'Hold on, I've got to fly in a few minutes, hold the quinine!'. My little joke. Never could figure out who poured their gin and quinine into their ear so I'd end up 'collecting' in the inner ear! weird.

Denny

Have a bartender make you a sidecar. IMO these are more evening cocktails. Great for formal night.

1 part Cognac

1/2 part fresh Lemon Juice

1/2 part contreau

Or a more tropical version also called Between the Sheets

1 part Cognac

1 Part High quality Rum

1 Part Contreau

1/2 part benedictine

1/2 part fresh lemon juice

B.

On a recent RCCL cruise, we got to know the two bartenders in the Champagne Bar. I told them that I like to try new drinks and gave them free reign to make any martini they wanted. They made me drinks that were not on the menu and had fun doing it. Needless to say, it became my favorite bar.

Don't let the drink menu limit you. Tell them what you like and allow them the freedom to be creative. These people are artists when it comes to drinks. They enjoy being able to express themselves by venturing from the menu.

Pimm's cup is s a gin-based drink using Pimm's No. 1, which is made in England from gin, liqueur, fruit juices, and spices. To make the Pimm's Cup it is mixed with with ginger ale. Pimm's No. 1 is low alcohol so it's nice for afternoon sipping. (It's the "official" drink at Wimbledon).

I do like sidecars, though, and for some reason haven't tried a pisco sour as Denny suggested, but here in Boston they have become something of a trendy drink the last couple of years.

[quote name='Denny01;2394344

Now if they'd only come up with a good anit-noro drink!

Denny

Denny' date=' I have solved the norovirus problem too!!! I didn't start the thread so this link gets you to the correct page. You will have to scroll to get to my post. Here is the link to that page containing my sure fire method for preventing noro.[/color']

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23838568&highlight=#post23838568

Use this in good health.:):D:)

Archived