Dining Request

travel58

I noticed in Princess's Cruise Personalizer my dining request has been changed from second seating to "8:15". Anyone know why the change? I am concerned that I have been switched to anytime dining with a specific time.

I noticed in Princess's Cruise Personalizer my dining request has been changed from second seating to "8:15". Anyone know why the change? I am concerned that I have been switched to anytime dining with a specific time.

I think second seating is at 8:15. Anytime dining does not come with specific times (except the restaurant hours which I think are 5:30-10).

Mike

Second seating time is 8:15PM. If you wish to change it, contact either your TA or Princess, or you can possibly do it once on board. "Anytime Dining" simply means that you have chosen NOT to have a specific seating (early or 1st Seating @ 5:30PM, or late or 2nd Seating at 8:15PM) For Anytime Dining you simply walk into the MDR anytime between 5:15PM and 8:30PM and request to be seated. You MAY make a reservation when using Anytime Dining, but it isn't necessary.

You are confirmed for the 2nd (Late) Seating with your 8:15PM time.

Have a great cruise!

Second seating time is 8:15PM. If you wish to change it, contact either your TA or Princess, or you can possibly do it once on board. "Anytime Dining" simply means that you have chosen NOT to have a specific seating (early or 1st Seating @ 5:30PM, or late or 2nd Seating at 8:15PM)
Whoa, you had me diving for the cruise personalizer on that one.

Early dining is 6:00 PM, not 5:30. (Whew!)

You are quite correct - I was thinking about the Anytime Dining hours. I'm so busy trying to get ready for our trip next week that I'm confusing myself sometimes!! :o Not too hard to do these days, unfortunately! Thanks for making the correction to the OP! :)

After I read the original thread I looked at my Cruise Personalizer, and sure enough, it

was changed from confirmed early seating to confirmed 6pm. Actually, that's better,

because if we look often enough, we'll have the time ingrained in our memories and

won't have to check the time after we board. (like I always do)

Second seating time is 8:15PM.

) For Anytime Dining you simply walk into the MDR anytime between 5:15PM and 8:30PM and request to be seated.

So, 8:30 is the latest that you can be seated with Anytime Dining??

I thought it went to 9:30 or 10pm

I thought it went to 9:30 or 10pm

The dining room is open until then for those dining at the late seating, but if you expect to be served a full 4-course dinner beginning at 9:30PM - 10:00PM, you will probably be out of luck!

The buffet will be open at those hours, tho' - :)

This depends on the itinerary and/or Maitre d'. On our Coral cruise in January, early seating was at 5:30pm and late seating was at 7:45pm.

Anytime dining is 530 to 10 and there is nothing says you would not get a full service meal if you arrived just before 10

We tried to get service in the MDR on the Tahitian Princess ( now the Ocean) on our 2008 AK cruise at 9:30PM and were told that a full service dinner was not possible at that late hour. We had no problem with it & went to the Horizon. Has this changed..??:confused: If so, I apologize.

We tried to get service in the MDR on the Tahitian Princess ( now the Ocean) on our 2008 AK cruise at 9:30PM and were told that a full service dinner was not possible at that late hour. We had no problem with it & went to the Horizon. Has this changed..??:confused: If so, I apologize.
There's only one dining room on the Tahitian/Ocean, Pacific and Royal Princess so you are expected to show up at the early or late seating at the time given. That holds true whether you're on one of those ships or any other Princess ship and you are assigned Traditional dining. Walking in late throws everything off for the kitchen, your servers and everyone around you. I've seen Maitre D's who have closed the doors to the Traditional dining room 30 minutes after the scheduled time.

There's only one dining room on the Tahitian/Ocean, Pacific and Royal Princess so you are expected to show up at the early or late seating at the time given. That holds true whether you're on one of those ships or any other Princess ship and you are assigned Traditional dining. Walking in late throws everything off for the kitchen, your servers and everyone around you. I've seen Maitre D's who have closed the doors to the Traditional dining room 30 minutes after the scheduled time.

Yes - that's the way I remember it - thanks, Pam! The couple we were with said we would be able to eat in the MDR at that late hour, and since we had never tried going in after 8:00PM or so, we weren't sure if it was possible or not. And as you confirmed, we were told we could not.

As stated, we all went to the Horizon and had a nice meal there. No problems. Thanks again.

Archived