Show me your aft!

jhale

PB040006.jpg

This was our aft wrap cabin 5295 on the Miracle. Weird configuration, bedroom is not in separate area, but it was fine for the two of us. Best part was waking up facing the water in the morning !

PB040004.jpg

PB040002.jpg

AND, finally, on my "If I win a kazillion dollars Bucket List", we were docked next to this at one of the ports ! :eek:

PB070066.jpg

Oh my God!!! What ship was that??? I don't think I'd leave my balcony.

It was the Celebrity Summit and I've since found out that cabin is approx $5000 p.p. for a 7 night cruise. There is another hot tub inside the cabin and those stairs (white, square area) are for your private butler to use.

Gasp.

It was the Celebrity Summit and I've since found out that cabin is approx $5000 p.p. for a 7 night cruise. There is another hot tub inside the cabin and those stairs (white, square area) are for your private butler to use.

Gasp.

Synchronized posting FTW! LOL!

• 5 weeks later...
How many in an aft? We are a family of 5 can these cabins hold 5? If not can we get the aft balcony next to the wrap and remove barrior? As of now we're looking at a cruise sometime in fall of 2011.

Hello,

I to have a family of 5. We are on the Spirit next next month (2/2012) and we have the corner wrap suite and the extended balcony next door because it has a connecting door. It costs a pretty penny but it is the only way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Gasp.

Maybe I need to start playing the lottery :p

Gasp.

Wow ... well I've just found a new goal in life ... :D:p

To think I was pleased with my super extended balcony room ... it's the length of three normal balconies - I mean, that's somethin'! hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just left the Magic this weekend and we had one of the "extended length" balconies on deck 8 (8468) and our travel companions had the similar cabin on the other side (8475).

The "extended" applies to the width - they appeared to be about 5-6' wider than the balconies of the cabins between us. But because the balcony railing tilts in you lose about 3' of the useable balcony space. Plenty of space side to side - but we had wanted to play cards out there and you couldn't do that (plus they only give you 2 chairs and a lounger).

The biggest drawback we found was that the floor was wet every morning and the floor and furniture was covered in soot from the smoke stack - so the balcony wasn't very useable until the steward got around to cleaning it.

Because of the shape of the balcony and ship you get a lot of sun at certain parts of the day (on our cruise until noon) and it can be windy.

They are still great cabins and we enjoyed it. On the Magic at least, when you walk out your cabin door and look up the hallway and can't see the front of the ship, you know it's big!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

just wondering if anyone had balcony and room pictures of 8450 on the Liberty? We're cruising this October and have this room booked. It's our first ever balcony and we'd really like to see what's in store for us!

Hello All,

just wondering if anyone had balcony and room pictures of 8450 on the Liberty? We're cruising this October and have this room booked. It's our first ever balcony and we'd really like to see what's in store for us!

have you looked on cruiseline rooms dot com?

Cabin will look identical to any other balcony cabin.

you want to look at Libert, conquest, glory or Valor as they will be exact.

Edited by serene56

have you looked on cruiseline rooms dot com?

Cabin will look identical to any other balcony cabin.

you want to look at Libert, conquest, glory or Valor as they will be exact.

Thanks, I'll have to do that!

[quote name=Ykgorbie;

AND' date=' finally, on my "If I win a kazillion dollars Bucket List", we were docked next to this at one of the ports ! :eek:

PB070066.jpg

I think I've just discovered "balcony envy". That is gorgeous, but I'll keep to my budget with an aft :)

I think I've just discovered "balcony envy". That is gorgeous, but I'll keep to my budget with an aft :)

I don't think that was someones balcony. We were just on the Carnival Magic and that looks exactly like the Serenity Lounge/Bar area on deck 15 - complete with that small enclosed area.

Hello All,

We had 8454 on the Liberty - our friends were in 8450 and it's a couple of feet wider than what ours was. From what we learned cabins on either side of the aft wraps are a bit larger. Enjoy - we had a great cruise and thought the Liberty was our fave to date.

Hello All,

This is Liberty cabin 8461 from the April 2, 2011 cruise. Wish I would have found this thread when I was searching last year for info for our 1st cruise! Didn't read every page, but some things I have to differ with some of the posts. We DID have a couch in the cabin; too much furniture on the balcony (2 loungers, 2 chairs & a table); only 1 staircase up to the Lido (every morning got coffee & a pastry to have on the balcony & never used the elevator); never heard the docking (1st morning was surprised we were already docked in Nassau when I woke up); could turn the balcony light on any time (at night & at sea) but it's really not enough light to read & there are also spot lights on the 2 upper corners of the ship that shine on the wake anyway and ONCE about 9:30 pm heard a chair scrape up on the Lido. I didn't really think it was too hot & sunny; I think it depends on the time of day & in which direction the ship is heading, but that's true for any balcony. Overall, we LOVED it! Would be hard not to have an aft balcony. Have more photos.720?sharpen=true