Rum Runners when to pack them

please update if this was a success. thanks

Back and 100%A success. Eve got two six packs and 2 2 liters on also.

Absolutely no problem. Took the small RR to our free happy hour and put it in the sodas.

• 1 month later...
First thing first..... I only want to hear from people who have used them, or know somebody who has used them. I don't want anyone to write something on this thread about how they "FEEL" about smuggler's. :D So have a nice day & be on your way.

When do you pack your rum runners? Do you pack them before your flight or stop on the way to port to fill them? We have used runners for camping a lot but this will be our first try on cruise.

ROFL!! I love this!! ~Have a nice day & be on your way~

Does anyone have any stories of these with RCCI? I've heard they're very strict about it, so I was wondering if people have less of a success with them. Thanks!

I have always had 100% success. Spread them out in your different pieces of checked luggage. I always arrive the day before and one of my main objectives is to buy some adult beverages of my choice and fill my RR packing them away in the different pieces of luggage that will be checked.

We used our RR during our cruise last year on RCCL. At one of the port we needed to "refill"..... three of us had them stashed in our backside. Two of us passed through the detectors just fine and then my DH set it off! Talk about stressing out... well who knows why he had his keys in his pocket! We all stood there holding our breathe as the guy had him turn around. Not sure if he saw it our not but he let him through. Lesson learned FILL THEM BEFORE you board, LOL!! If you drink it all - buy the drink of the day!

Yes, we use them.

We fill them up and pack them in our luggage at home.

We also pack them individually in gallon heavy weight zip-lock bags just to be safe.

Be smart and don’t try to pack a whole bar, just what you might need for a drink in your room

• 2 weeks later...
We always fill our RRs at home before we leave. We fill them about 75% full, squeeze out the air and then put them in a Ziploc freezer bag just in case. On our cruise last month on the Indy our (2) 8 oz. RRs were detected in our locked, checked suitcase. Instead of calling us down to the "naughty room" they just took them and left an orange note saying they "confiscated and destroyed" our alcohol. We also pack them near the wheels.

This was the first time we left out of Ft. Lauderdale. Who knows if that had anything to do with it. I'll have to order a couple of 8 oz. RRs to replace the ones we lost before our next cruise. :)

How did they get into the locked suitcase? Did they break it?

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advice. 2 of us are going on a quick 3 day cruise out of Miami. We live about 10 minutes from the port so we are going to use carryons for our luggage and not check them in. Does anyone think we will have any problems putting the RR in the carry-ons. I will be bringing 3 14oz RR's.

I know of 2 ways to smuggle in alcohol, and they both worked on my last cruise.

Buy the mini bottles of your favorite alcohol (Beverages & More has the best selection). Pack them in your toiletry bag in your checked luggage. They blend in with all your other toiletries. I've done this successfully once, and I have a friend who does it every cruise and it works every time.

My other friend bought a box of bottled water. Can't remember the brand, but it was a box with individual 16oz. bottles of water in it. She dumped the water and filled the bottles with clear alcohol. She then sealed the box so it looked like it was never opened. She carried the box on as her "water", no problem.

I know of 2 ways to smuggle in alcohol, and they both worked on my last cruise.

Buy the mini bottles of your favorite alcohol (Beverages & More has the best selection). Pack them in your toiletry bag in your checked luggage. They blend in with all your other toiletries. I've done this successfully once, and I have a friend who does it every cruise and it works every time.

My other friend bought a box of bottled water. Can't remember the brand, but it was a box with individual 16oz. bottles of water in it. She dumped the water and filled the bottles with clear alcohol. She then sealed the box so it looked like it was never opened. She carried the box on as her "water", no problem.

I forgot all about those mini bottles you buy from the store. That may work too. I would hate to lug on one of those big cases of water though. We don't need that much alcohol. I was just going to use a few rum runners and a 16oz zephyrhill bottle and fill it with my favorite spirit. Do they ever check the contents of those bottles.

Has anyone just filled an empty wine bottle with a screw cap with booze and put it in your carry-on? Since you are allowed one bottle of wine/champaign, i figured that might work unless they check to see if it is sealed.

• 3 weeks later...
First thing first..... I only want to hear from people who have used them, or know somebody who has used them. I don't want anyone to write something on this thread about how they "FEEL" about smuggler's. :D So have a nice day & be on your way.

When do you pack your rum runners? Do you pack them before your flight or stop on the way to port to fill them? We have used runners for camping a lot but this will be our first try on cruise.

We pack them the morning of the cruise right before we are ready to leave. My husband loves them! They work very well. We will be using them on our upcoming cruise in a few weeks. Enjoy!:D

We will be going on an NCL cruise out of Miami (4 day cruise). Since we only live a few minutes away from the port, we will only be bringing carryons and not checking any luggage in. What are my chances of slipping through security undetected if I put my rum runners in my carryons or should I hide them in the pockets of my cargo pants.

We will be going on an NCL cruise out of Miami (4 day cruise). Since we only live a few minutes away from the port, we will only be bringing carryons and not checking any luggage in. What are my chances of slipping through security undetected if I put my rum runners in my carryons or should I hide them in the pockets of my cargo pants.

Cargo pants. Have got them through in carry on but have to be creative. Less likely to get a pat down than them looking through your carry ons.

• 1 month later...

Will be trying this for the first time in January on Navigator of the Seas. However, have a logistics question. I am way to nervous to pack these in my checked luggage on the plane from Michigan to Florida.....but how do I accomplish stopping at a liquor store inroute from airport to the cruise port? And if a taxi will stop - how do I then get the stuff into the rum runner and into my luggage undetected :cool:

Archived