Fuel Surcharge Back

lurkster

I thought you were posting about RCL so I opened this. .. whew. glad it wasnt about RCL. Carnival just said they were not implementing it at this time about a week ago and Im sure RCL will follow what Carnival does.

It would be better to put the cruiseline name in the subject line so people know its not RCL. (imo)

The Fred. Olsen surcharge comes in for bookings made from 05 May. Existing bookings are unaffected. This was inevitable with the continuing high crude oil price which leads to higher fuel prices. I am sure that other cruise lines will follow suit.

i'm very glad to say that I have already booked two cruises on Fred. Olsen ships for this year.

Can anyone say what the surcharge will be. Is it a flat amount or variable depending on cruise length or distance steamed. I am not surprised - I work for a commodity trading company and we have over 100 vessels carrying our cargoes around the world, and the price of bunkers has gone through the roof.

On our last cruise (P&O) crude was very high and they announced that for 'passenger comfort' they would be going a tad slower, leaving earlier and arriving later at ports. And this was obviously to cut down on the fuel used. Just sensible economics really.

Can anyone say what the surcharge will be. Is it a flat amount or variable depending on cruise length or distance steamed. I am not surprised - I work for a commodity trading company and we have over 100 vessels carrying our cargoes around the world, and the price of bunkers has gone through the roof.

On our last cruise (P&O) crude was very high and they announced that for 'passenger comfort' they would be going a tad slower, leaving earlier and arriving later at ports. And this was obviously to cut down on the fuel used. Just sensible economics really.

For details of the fuel surcharge go to the the Fred. Olsen website www.fredolsencruises.co.uk and log on the "news" and all will be revealed.

Archived