Do you order multiple courses in the MDR?

we usually order more than one appetizer....many nights there are three or four appetizers that i would like to order, so it's hard to choose....some nights the appetizers are the best part....only one dessert, tho!!

I have ordered 2 different appetizers a couple times when I couldn't decide or really wanted to try something. Actually on my last cruise, we couldn't decide between all 5 desserts so the waiter brought us 1 of each (to share between my friend and I). We were embarassed and laughed for quite a while about it, but we DID enjoy them!

I say go for it if there are various things you want to try. It's already paid for in your cruise fare... why not? :) Oh and I don't care what others order, or how much - it's really none of my business.

Just back from the Oasis and we noticed that the portion sized especially the entrees are HUGE compared to what they used to be. My DH would always order 2-3 appitizers and sometimes even 2 entrees but no way could he do that this trip. We hadn't cruised in a few years and were very surprised at how bit the portions are now.

On my last trip 3 weeks ago (Western Caribbean on Liberty of the Seas), my buddy and I had at least 3 each appetizers, main courses and deserts every night, sometimes more. On "Lobster night", we were at a table for 8. We had 10 lobsters that night...I forgot to mention there were only 2 of us at the table. We told the waiter the night before to keep them coming until we told him to stop. All that food and did not gain a single pound( actually lost a couple over the course of the week).

???

I order two lobsters, sometimes a extra appetizer. On Lobster night I skip the salad course though, to save room, so I dont waste food, too much too eat for me.

I usually order 2 salads, and maybe 2 apps. But only one entree and I skip desserts.

I find, the way the food is proportioned, it is enough for me at one sitting.

We usually stick with one of each..sometimes an extra dessert if we want to try something different.

I don't pay attention to what others eat but it would be hard not to notice 10 lobsters going by for only two people.:rolleyes:

I will usually order multiple appetizers- a salad and a soup or try something new. I have actually worked up the nerve to try escargot on my next cruise!!

I don't think I have ever ordered more than one entree. My husband did once because he didn't like the first thing he had.

I also order one desert, at that point I usually don't have any more room! The only time I ordered more than one desert was on Carnival because I wanted Chocolate Melting Cake each night, but also wanted to try something else!

I often order more than one starter. Years ago, the menu was laid out as being more like 5 courses than 3, but appetizers, soups and salads have been collapsed into "starters." So, I am not at all reluctant to order more than one starter, and it seems to be common for other people with whom I've shared a table.

I rarely order more than one entree, but I have done so before.

I occasionally order more than one dessert, but not often. That only happens if there are two things that sound really go to me, and my DW is not ordering one of them (since we tend to share whatever we order, anyway).

I always order the prime rib and lobster together, and sometimes an additional lobster.

I ordered the fried duck one night as a second entree because I had never tried it. It was excellent.

I love to get the escargo and the shrimp cocktail together.

Ive once or twice not been fond of the main courses and have ordered all salid, soup, and multiple appitizers. I ask the waiter to serve my appitizers when he serves the main courses for the rest of the table.

Very rarely, but my husband sometimes does, maybe a couple of times per cruise. Wait, I do order more than one lobster. I wish I had room for more than one serving of prime rib, but usually not.

I don't know where y'all have the room for all that food! :) I rarely even order the lobster tails, much less 5 of them! :eek: I don't think they are very good on RCCL.

I order one appetizer, and either a soup or salad (whichever appeals to me) and one entree (except on the HAL Eurodam where my DH and I shared an order of coconut shrimp. We had never had it and now which I had ordered that as my main entree...delicious!) and one dessert. My DH does the same, but sometimes orders two desserts (that I take a bite out of. :D )

Like someone said, most menus now have appetizers, soups and salads all listed together. I usually order two things from that side of the menu, sometimes even three (appetizer, soup and salad), though usually that's too much, one entree and one dessert. Sometimes if nothing on the starter side of the menu appeals I order an appetizer size portion of the pasta dish of the day.

My oldest son is a body-builder, and he orders (and finishes) two entrees every night. One is usually chicken, and the other is whatever he finds interesting that night. And usually two salads for him too. No desserts, tho. :)

Wow! No, I have never ordered more than one entree, I usually skip the salad and dessert. I feel sorry for the servers having to deliver all this food.

I never pay attention to what anyone else orders but I have never seen anyone at our table order more than one of anything.

Archived