RCCL Radiance of the Seas -- Cabin 1100

We just booked JS 1100 on Radiance of the Seas. Has anyone been in this cabin? Is the balcony really as large as it appears to be? My only concern is the Windjammer Cafe above -- is there a lot of noise from there? I realize it's a long walk, but that's OK, need all the exercise I can get while onboard.

Thanks for any advise.

We had cabin 1100 a few years ago on Serenade of the Seas which is a sister to Radiance with the cabin in the same position. It was our favorite cabin ever, except that we encountered an unusually high amount of rain on that cruise and couldn't fully enjoy the balcony, which is mostly uncovered. Noise from the Windjammer was not an issue.

Yes, the balcony is really that large. You can see pictures of it if you follow the link in my signature. They're from 2004, hence the icky old bedding in the cabin.

We were just in that cabin again in April. There was more noise from above than I remembered but it wasn't a big deal and pretty much never happened at night. There was a large party in the Windjammer in the wee hours (1 am or so) that woke me up. A call to Guest Services ended it.

Although we loved the cabin, we actually think we prefer 1602, the other JS on the stern. That balcony has a decent view to the side as well, and it's more covered, so if there's rain you get a bit more shelter.

Also, now that the Radiance class ships have added diesel engines (mainly for use in port), soot will land on the deck (which is sorely in need of refinishing). It wasn't enough to bother us, but we hadn't stayed in a stern cabin since they were added and it was something new and different.

I agree; our friends stayed in #1100 and they said the balcony was huge but it didn't offer very much shelter from inclement weather. Hopefully, we will have perfect weather, where you don't have to worry about that!

#1100 is the best cabin we have had on any ship - ever. The balcony is huge, and the walk in wardrobe really is 'walk-in'.

I agree, and noise was not a problem from the Windjammer except for a few moments one night. Just a cart rolling briefly. We loved #1100 and had perfect weather. The only issue was late afternoon on the day before disembarkation when we were on the balcony. Just before going in to get ready for dinner, someone above was apparently hosing down the Windjammer floor and the water poured down on us and also soaked the furniture. We stopped at Guest Relations to let them know so it wouldn't happen to someone else on future sailings.

Appreciate hearing about #1100 we have it booked on the Jewel for the Baltics this Aug..Should I be worried about the lack of balcony coverage...I hope not I have had this particular cabin booked for almost a year..What do you all think ???

Just got off the Serenade on Saturday. Had 1100 for a b2b. Noise was not a problem. We were in the southern caribbean & had great weather. There was lot's of sun. If you are looking for shade there is none on this balcony. We loved the balcony. We have stayed in 1100 in all of the Radiance class ships and it's a great cabin. We are booked in it agian next year!

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, and noise was not a problem from the Windjammer except for a few moments one night. Just a cart rolling briefly. We loved #1100 and had perfect weather. The only issue was late afternoon on the day before disembarkation when we were on the balcony. Just before going in to get ready for dinner, someone above was apparently hosing down the Windjammer floor and the water poured down on us and also soaked the furniture. We stopped at Guest Relations to let them know so it wouldn't happen to someone else on future sailings.

We had that cabin on May 3 - 8. No noise from the Windjammer. However, they did pour water all over the balcony on the last day - just like the above poster stated. I was just coming out onto the balcony when it happened and just missed getting soaked. I ran up barefoot into the Windjammer and talked to the supervisor - with the exact same purpose in mind - keep this from happening to the next residents.

Thanks Patti and Jean for the photos!! We were able to get 1100 on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise next May. Yay!

You are more than welcome! Prime real estate especially for Alaska. :D

Just remember that there are no public stairs or elevators in the aft portion of the ship, so when you leave your cabin, make sure you have everything you need. It is a rather long walk from the Centrum.

Edited by cruisenfever

You are more than welcome! Prime real estate especially for Alaska. :D

Just remember that there are no public stairs or elevators in the aft portion of the ship, so when you leave your cabin, make sure you have everything you need. It is a rather long walk from the Centrum.

Thanks for the tip! This is our first aft cabin. Maybe the long walks will help justify all the desserts! Ha!

• 1 month later...

greetings Patti and jim.

thank you for the photos, we are booked on the rhapsody and radiance for 2012.

could you please advise me on: can i buy the large bottles of gin whiskey ete to drink all day in our cabin???

can we get 7am room service for tea and dounuts

thank you for your help and time spent informing us and providing photos,

josefa and des dyer

greetings Patti and jim.

thank you for the photos, we are booked on the rhapsody and radiance for 2012.

could you please advise me on: can i buy the large bottles of gin whiskey ete to drink all day in our cabin???

can we get 7am room service for tea and dounuts

thank you for your help and time spent informing us and providing photos,

josefa and des dyer

No "spirits" of any type are allowed on any RCI ship for in-cabin consumption. You can order a bottle of wine from Gifts & Gear to be delivered to your cabin.

Yes, Room Service is available at 7AM.

• 6 months later...

greetings Patti and Jim. seasons greetings, maybe one we can thank you in person.

have just returned from a xmas cruies on the rahpsody of the seas.

once again your reviews are correct . a wonderful time, staff excelleant. i also enjoyed having those drinks from room service, which included olives and packets of potatoe chips.

great time. regards:josefa and des

greetings Patti and Jim. seasons greetings, maybe one we can thank you in person.

have just returned from a xmas cruies on the rahpsody of the seas.

once again your reviews are correct . a wonderful time, staff excelleant. i also enjoyed having those drinks from room service, which included olives and packets of potatoe chips.

great time. regards:josefa and des

So glad to hear that you had a great time. Hope that you are able to enjoy many more cruises in the New Year.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...