What to wear on Ziplines in Puerto Rico?

Hello. I am going on a 9 Day Royal Caribbean cruise on May 20th out of Norfolk. In Puerto Rico we will be doing the Rain forest zip line excursion purchased through the ship. I can not find information on acceptable clothing. Can we wear shorts? Tank tops? I am a guy and my shorts are longer then my Fiancée's shorts. Would she also be ok in short shorts? (nothing to crazy, but much shorter then mine haha). Thank you so much for any information you can provide. I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has done this excursion. I am very excited about it!! :-)

Hello. I am going on a 9 Day Royal Caribbean cruise on May 20th out of Norfolk. In Puerto Rico we will be doing the Rain forest zip line excursion purchased through the ship. I can not find information on acceptable clothing. Can we wear shorts? Tank tops? I am a guy and my shorts are longer then my Fiancée's shorts. Would she also be ok in short shorts? (nothing to crazy, but much shorter then mine haha). Thank you so much for any information you can provide. I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has done this excursion. I am very excited about it!! :-)

Personally, I would wear long pants and long sleeve shirt and good grippy shoes (hiking shoes). I would wear clothes you don't care to wear again. Reason, they often get dirty and could easily get damaged. Fashion not required. Since you are in the rain forest, I would definitely take bug spray. It is a lot of fun. Enjoy.

jc

We did this excursion last year... I wore a tank top and Bermuda shorts (almost knee length) and was fine. Shorts are fine, but make sure they are pretty long so the harness doesn't scratch up your legs. And definitely wear running shoes - there's quite a trek up a steep paved road and then a hike through the forest to get to the first zip-line. Oh and bug spray would be good just-incase. And bring some sort of very small backpack for water and a camera.

We didn't get dirty, but I could see getting your shoes dirty if the ground is wet. And the harness and gloves were kind of gross... maybe bring hand-wipes for afterwards too! :)

Agree with the above poster..my family went on this as well in Jan '09..As far as the bug spray goes they didn't need it but rather than the spray on type they had the wipe-on packets with them in their pockets just in case.This was great fun !!!!

I just did a zipline excursion last month during a cruise, in the rain forest of Costa Rico. Shorts are fine, but if they are too short the harness might be uncomfortable. For the same reason, a tee shirt might be more comfortable than a tank top. And as others have said, wear tennis shoes. I saw some girls in skimpy little sandals, but sometimes you come onto a platforma bit fast and I think sandals or flip flops would allow too much "slippage" and might break.

Also, my suggestion would be to skip the backpack, and instead wear cargo shorts and/or "cargo" shirt with zipper/velcro pockets for things like camera and bugspray. That's what we did, and it was a lot easier than taking a backpack on and off everytime we wanted to snap a picture or whatever.

We went in October, so your mileage may vary. The harnesses are very tight and can lead to bruising. We were chilly riding in the open-air truck up the mountain, got rained on, bought t-shirts, etc. That said, it was a great experience. Any backpacks will be stored and there is a lot of hiking involved, so no sandals.

We were in Honduras during spring break. I am to chicken to zipline but my husband & I watched as others were.

Some of the young ladies occassionally lost a shoe as they flew above the jungle area. Not a chance of finding them !

Archived