Free Cruise(?) Infinity Incentive Group

goofytoo

I went to a timeshare presentation and received a free 7 day cruise certificate from Infinity Incentive Group. Of course this free cruise is $300.00 per person which is still pretty cheap for a 7 day cruise so I was going to send in the money.

But something smells shady to me and I was wondering if anyone has actually dealt with this company before.

I looked for complaints on the internet and only saw about 4 complaints which were posted about 3 or 4 years ago. I did not find any good reviews about is program.

They do have Carnival Logo on the post card that was sent but when I called Carnival the person I talked to in the promotions department just laughed and told me buyer beware.

Has anyone had any luck with this company?

Im pretty sure there are various threads about this group if you do a search. Im not sure who Im trying to book thru. My choice was $179 pp for a 4 day or $299 for a 7 day. The prices are only good from Sept thru about mid Dec ... which they didnt tell me until they said only one date I now picked is possible, Nov 4th. (I sent the money in over a year ago).

I do know a couple who did finally get their cruise, but they paid to upgrade too.

The time I got one of those (not the same company) I found that I could only pick 3 different dates that I could go, and THEY told me when I got to go! Also, I found that the "free" cruise was going to cost me almost as much as I could have gotten it for from a reputable agent, even though they said I was only paying taxes, port charges, and a "handling fee". Bottom line, be very careful, and ask lots of questions before you send in your money.

Good Luck!

"SKY"

If you jump thru all the hoops in the correct order and are flexable with your dates, yes, you will get a "free" cruise.

Only the "cruise" part is free. You still have to pay port and taxes, hence the $300.

It is totally not worth the trouble for me.

We recieved a similar offer from a different company for going to a timeshare presentation. We found that after we would have to pay the "taxes and fees" that went with this offer the cost of the cruise was not really cheaper than if we had just booked with the cruiseline directly. We did not use the offer.

• 1 month later...

My results were not good until I opened a dispute thru the BBB. They were telling me they would perhaps be able to find me a cruise out of Miami when I had been promised Galveston on the mailing. They said they are not the same company who advertised Galveston, and there was a line on the card I mailed in rendering any previous promises null and void. (what??!!).

They finally said they could find a cruise just before Christmas on the Triumph for us, which Im still waiting to hear a confirmed booking on. I dont think I would have been offered anything the way it was sounding if I hadnt opened a dispute to get my cruise.

... and I still dont have a confirmed booking, so they could still not give it to me. They said they automatically refund your money if you open a dispute... and I said OK to charging me on my VISA card. Believe me, they dont want to give you a cruise, even at the price for fees they charge. I said I would pay the difference to upgrade from a 1A to a PT and they sent me all sorts of full priced cruises, not a one of which was a 1A or a PT, none were what I asked for and they looked full priced to me until I finally got mad enough to open the dispute.

Ill save this thread and post if I do actually get a cruise this week booked as promised.

My results were not good until I opened a dispute thru the BBB. They were telling me they would perhaps be able to find me a cruise out of Miami when I had been promised Galveston on the mailing. They said they are not the same company who advertised Galveston, and there was a line on the card I mailed in rendering any previous promises null and void. (what??!!).

They finally said they could find a cruise just before Christmas on the Triumph for us, which Im still waiting to hear a confirmed booking on. I dont think I would have been offered anything the way it was sounding if I hadnt opened a dispute to get my cruise.

... and I still dont have a confirmed booking, so they could still not give it to me. They said they automatically refund your money if you open a dispute... and I said OK to charging me on my VISA card. Believe me, they dont want to give you a cruise, even at the price for fees they charge. I said I would pay the difference to upgrade from a 1A to a PT and they sent me all sorts of full priced cruises, not a one of which was a 1A or a PT, none were what I asked for and they looked full priced to me until I finally got mad enough to open the dispute.

Ill save this thread and post if I do actually get a cruise this week booked as promised.

I wish you positive results. :)

Will you be getting a 1099 for the "free" part of the cruise they are offering you? I have heard that in addition to the upfront taxes and port fees, that you will owe taxes based on the "retail" amount of the cruise (as if it was money/compensation you received)...be sure to look into that before booking cuz the taxes on a "retail" value (which is an inflated amount) could cost more than if you booked it yourself at a lower rate (who pays "retail"??).

Will you be getting a 1099 for the "free" part of the cruise they are offering you? I have heard that in addition to the upfront taxes and port fees, that you will owe taxes based on the "retail" amount of the cruise (as if it was money/compensation you received)...be sure to look into that before booking cuz the taxes on a "retail" value (which is an inflated amount) could cost more than if you booked it yourself at a lower rate (who pays "retail"??).

Really??? No one pays the full price on carnival. Its a fictious price. Man I cant wait.

Exactly why we've never taken the bait for one of these "free" offers.

Several years ago when we were younger an stupider :o then we currently are we went to a time share thing and also got a "free" cruise..we happily sent in our "port fees check" which got cashed and then could never get ahold of anyone to help us actually book the cruise itself...we moved shortly after that and the paperwork somehow got lost or inadvertently shredded--not sure what happened I could never find it once we moved-- so all I had left was my bank statement with the cashed check as proof that this ever existed and thus we never did get to part take in this "freebie" :( I have a feeling though that had I been in a position to pursue it )(with my paperwork in hand) It would have led down a path of painful inconvenience and disappointment...sadly since I didn't have any of the paper work I also couldn't post a review or alert BBB or anything so we were out the money and couldn't even warn others now for time share things we always ALWAYS take the free tickets to the sporting events and or movies as those are handed directly to you with no additional fees on top

Archived