Doge's Palace/Secret Itinery Tour

patiolaterns

Do you have to buy both the Doge's Palace enterance ticket as well as the Secret Itinery Tour ticket? Or do we just have to buy the Secret Itinery Tour? Not sure how many tickets we need to purchase!

We want to see both the palace and have the Secret Itinery Tour the same day. Also, can someone recommend the best on line website to use to purchase our ticket(s).

A tip.

If the tours are sold out for your visit, there are only 2 English speaking ones a day, then still turn up and if there are any no shows, which there often are, you will get on. If you want to go bad enough, it's often worth the small 20 minute inconvenience of popping by.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Venice May 22-24th. I tried to pre-book the Secret Itinieraries tour but was having server problems. Darn! Once we got there, I tried to book and it was completely sold out for the next two weeks.

Do it ahead, for sure.

Good Morning

Went into the www.vivaticket.it site to purchase tickets for the Secret Itinerary tour but could not find how to purchase 2 tickets?

After you have entered date/time/price does this just give you one ticket and then you must re enter all info again to get the second ticket?

Or is there a place that i did not see to enter in 2 tickets?

Also, the codice fiscale number required - can you enter in any id number like a drivers licence or........................?

Thanks for any advice - patiolaterns.....................:confused:

Hi Patiolaterns

When I purcased my tickets, I was able to purchase 2 at the same time. I had to register to Vivaticket. They sent an email to me, which I had to click on, and once that was done, I was able to access the actual screen where you purchased the tickets. This screen looked similar to the origanal screen, listing the type of tickets that are avalable(single,family, students etc), but it has an additional part to the chart that you can input number of tickets into.

Good luck.

I see that you are from Ontario. Where from. I live in Oakville

Good Morning

Also, the codice fiscale number required - can you enter in any id number like a drivers licence or........................?

Thanks for any advice - patiolaterns.....................:confused:

I emailed vivaticket asking this specific question. Here is their answer....it doesn't specify the kind of ID but they do mention passport. You could email to verify...... supporto@charta.it

Good morning,

since you are not Italian you have first to select ''Foreigner not resident in Italy'' and from the menu State-Country ''your residential Country'' and secondly enter in the field Codice Fiscale, that in the meanwhile should have become ID number or passport, your ID or passport number.

Hi to both of you

Thanks for the info - i'll try the website again - first cruise on the Med. so some of the websites are alittle confusing :confused:- but i'll get the hang of it for sure. We are off cruising this fall on Azamara, so looking forward to a great adventure.

We live in London, Ontario -and as you know not that far away from Oakville. Small world it seems........

Would Freckles 51 be close by as well?

Well, back at that Doges Secret Tour site - thanks again:)

Hi from Patiolaterns

We are Mike and Mary Jane (London Ontario) ages 58/62 and empty nesters.......

Just noticed that you stayed at the BW Hotel Olimpia in Venice!!! That is the same hotel that we have booked for our fall cruise. Did you like the hotel and location? We thought it would be close to P.Roma/cruise terminal etc

Are there any restaurants close to the hotel that you would recommend?

Also, what transportation did you decide on from the airport to P.Roma? We are considering taking the Blue ATVO bus (3Euro each) As the hotel is not too far a walk from where they drop you off in P.Roma.

Love to hear your thoughts - Mary Jane

Do you have to buy both the Doge's Palace enterance ticket as well as the Secret Itinery Tour ticket? Or do we just have to buy the Secret Itinery Tour? Not sure how many tickets we need to purchase!

We want to see both the palace and have the Secret Itinery Tour the same day. Also, can someone recommend the best on line website to use to purchase our ticket(s).

The secret Itin ticket is all you need, you do it first based on the time on your ticket then can do the rest of Palace after, without getting back in line. It really is a terrific tour, I did it a few weeks ago, dont miss it!

Hi from Patiolaterns

We are Mike and Mary Jane (London Ontario) ages 58/62 and empty nesters.......

Just noticed that you stayed at the BW Hotel Olimpia in Venice!!! That is the same hotel that we have booked for our fall cruise. Did you like the hotel and location? We thought it would be close to P.Roma/cruise terminal etc

Are there any restaurants close to the hotel that you would recommend?

Also, what transportation did you decide on from the airport to P.Roma? We are considering taking the Blue ATVO bus (3Euro each) As the hotel is not too far a walk from where they drop you off in P.Roma.

Love to hear your thoughts - Mary Jane

Not sure who your questions are for, but we are also staying in the Olimpia pre-cruise, also planning on taking the ATVO bus from the airport, and maybe the free bus from P.Roma to the ship, depending upon how easy it is to find the bus, otherwise a taxi :)...and we live in Ontario ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Freckles 51 - would love to hear about your adventures with Azamara upon returning from your trip - understand that Azamara will dock at the San Bascilio dock but unsure if they have a free shuttle bus from P.Roma to S.Bascilio? Would you know?

Hi from a fellow Cdn. Just got back from our Med.cruise. The S.Itinerary Tour is great, and you do not need an extra ticket for the rest of the Palace. I believe we got a discounted rate online for the entrance tickets because of our Venice Connect Card. We bought a 48hr. vaporetto pass (well worth it...used it like a Hop on Hop off bus) The Blue airport bus is easy to find and will get you to/from P.Roma. The ship's shuttle will leave/arrive from that same area. Water taxis are expensive, save your $$$ to buy a great dinner. There are plenty of restaurants down every lane...in every plaza. A great city to stroll around, a surprise around every corner!!

Bon Voyage

Freckles 51 - would love to hear about your adventures with Azamara upon returning from your trip - understand that Azamara will dock at the San Bascilio dock but unsure if they have a free shuttle bus from P.Roma to S.Bascilio? Would you know?

Sorry we will be on Norwegian Gem, maybe others can help with your questions, or perhaps ask on Azamara forum?