When will my luggage be delivered to my cabin?

Massnatives

Even allowing for the Solstice Suitcase Security to confiscate all liquor, wine, steam irons, candles, weapons, clothes steamers, hairdryers and puppies - how soon has your luggage been delivered to your room? By 5 in order to change for first seating?

FYI - I shall be carrying none of the above mentioned items.

That's why first night is always casual.

We didn't get any bags once until after late seating dinner. It drove DW nuts --- she's the master packer/unpacker and can't really begin to relax until everything is put away and the bags are under the bed!

We always pack a change of clothing in our carry on bags. This if the luggage does not arrive before dinner, we can change. Plus if your bag is lost by the airline, we have some extra clothing. We also have been putting our clothing in both suitcases. IE: my suitcase gets some of my wife's items and I put some of mine in her suitcase. Thus if one bag is lost on route to the cruise, we still have a few items to wear.

Not allowed on any Celebrity ship.

When did Celebrity start banning hair dryers. I was on Solstice April '10 and had my hairdryer.

Please provide info from Celebrity that dryers are banned.

Not allowed on any Celebrity ship.

Not true. Here's the list of banned items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.•*Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.•Illegal Drugs & Substances•Candles & Incense•Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates•Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows•Skateboards & Surfboards•Martial Arts Gear•Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.•Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.•HAM Radios•Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.•**Alcoholic Beverages

Not true. Here's the list of banned items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.•*Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.•Illegal Drugs & Substances•Candles & Incense•Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates•Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows•Skateboards & Surfboards•Martial Arts Gear•Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.•Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.•HAM Radios•Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.•**Alcoholic Beverages

Thanks for the quick answer. Packing now to leave on the Equinox on May 24th . Soooo excited. Our first cruise.

In my 12 Celebrity cruises only once did we not get our luggage before 4:00 PM (not including Alaska which had late boarding and late sailaway). Maybe we are just really lucky.

One cruise we got it between 5-6 PM while we were enjoying sailaway. Usually I like to be all unpacked by then. The last two cruises we had got our luggage between 2-3 PM. Normally we would receive it around 3:30 PM.

Good luck!

From my experience, you should mention to your steward if you are missing a bag or bags and it is getting late. We once had a big which did not appear. When we mentioned it to our steward and described it, he brought it promptly. It was in the bin to come to our area of the ship, but they didn't know which cabin. Stuff happens!

We have always received our bags before 6:00. Most often by 4:00. ONCE, we only had one of the 2 suitcases. But we always mix a couple outfits around so we have joint bags just in case of an airline lost bag. So it wasn't a problem. I also always carry a clean blouse, cotton capris and shorts and swimsuit in my carry on in case I never get the bag for the cruise. I could live in all the above for a week.

You will know who didn't get their bags on time for dinner as you'll see people in their shorts at the dinner table. Or... maybe they are too lazy to unpack or... already too full of that welcome aboard mimosa and loving the atmosphere!

So I can bring my puppy?
Haha--actually with the right doctor's note, sure!
If you're boarding in the US, you don't even need that. All you have to do is notify them ahead of time, have the proper immunization, etc. documentation and attest that it's a service animal. All they can ask is what function it performs, not what disability you have or require proof.

Thank you all for your responses - I was writing in jest about these items being confiscated so just threw the hairdryer and puppy in for the fun of it. ;)

Although, I received an email from Cruise Critic today mentioning Carnival thinking about banning many items - most electrical - even mentioning a CAMERA!!! I wouldn't sail on any ship that wouldn't allow me to bring my camera. I can't think of any reason for that being a threat (unless I hit the captain over the head with it).

So we will pack a few things in our carry-on bag - just in case.

Can't wait - 10 more days!!!

Laurel

Does anyone know if people in concierge class get luggage sooner

they are supposed to but on our first concierge class room we didn't get luggage till after 9, 2nd time got it around 5, like many said, luck of the draw.

Ohh, 2nd time around I printed out big labels with our cabin # on them, stuck them on both sides of luggage before I gave it to the baggage guy, don't know if that helped, but it couldn't hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from the Infinity, our ship was scheduled to depart at 1159 pm (yes it was very late but we were allowed to board the ship at 7 pm) as it came down from Vancouver...and I found out later we sailed later than that as there were flight delays and some did not board until 1230 am. They were probably lucky the ship waited because they bought the airtix using Celebrity, if there were independent, guess they will have to see us in Ketchikan.

So back to the luggages, we boarded at 7 pm and went roaming and had dinner, etc etc. When we came back to our cabin, my parents' luggages were right outside the door but mine didn't turn up at 11 pm, 1 am and 3 am when i woke up to use the washroom so I ended up sleeping in the shirt I wore onboard but my luggage was outside the door when my mum woke up at 6 am so all is good.

In our 5 cruises we have always recieved our luggage before 4:00. I am also one who does not start relaxing until the unpacking is done and the luggage is under the bed. It is one reason I like concierge class when on Celebrity.

Archived