Pre Cruise Hotel in Miami

tuscandream

Family of 4 driving from Pittsburgh looking for a hotel to stay in the night prior to our ship's departure. Would like to find a place that allows you to leave your car and will shuttle you to the port. Something close to the port and decent. Would like something that has complimentary breakfast. When I check on expedia or travelocity not certain what is considered close to the pier. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Usually to get free parking, you have to book direct with the hotel. Booking thru a secondary site, usually you wouldnt get the free parking. (you will need to book a cruise special)

I would comb thru the Eastern Departures board. Florida departures is stickied at the top with what others have done.

Its often hard to find a hotel that has a shuttle to the airport AND to the port AND free cruise parking, often one or the other at best.

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Blue Lagoon, I think it's called). It was $99/night for me and my daughter - free breakfast plus a nice pool. About 5 minutes from the pier.

Family of 4 driving from Pittsburgh looking for a hotel to stay in the night prior to our ship's departure. Would like to find a place that allows you to leave your car and will shuttle you to the port. Something close to the port and decent. Would like something that has complimentary breakfast. When I check on expedia or travelocity not certain what is considered close to the pier. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Not sure when you are travelling but there is the Double Tree Biscayne in Miami.. here is the link.. it is good until Dec 2010..

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIABSDT&promoId=136060004

Family of 4 driving from Pittsburgh looking for a hotel to stay in the night prior to our ship's departure. Would like to find a place that allows you to leave your car and will shuttle you to the port. Something close to the port and decent. Would like something that has complimentary breakfast. When I check on XXXXX or XXXX not certain what is considered close to the pier. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Downtown is also close to the port, but its expensive.

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Blue Lagoon, I think it's called). It was $99/night for me and my daughter - free breakfast plus a nice pool. About 5 minutes from the pier.

Also stayed there. Nice hotel,liquor store across the stret

I have my reservation booked at this hotel...based solely on the tripadvisor.com reviews.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fort Lauderdale. It isn't that far from Miami, and they offer a free shuttle to the Miami pier if you book the Miami cruise rate. It also let you park there and had a continental breakfast.

Check www.parksleepfly.com for cruise parking deals. Most in Miami offering these deals will be near the aiport - about a 20 minute cab ride from the port. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) are often suggested on these boards.

Please do not let "free-shuttle-itis" :rolleyes: convince you to stay (and leave your car!) someplace you will not be comfortable with.:eek: A cab from the airport area to POM will run about $25+tip - the same to get back to your car after the cruise.

Good luck!:)

The Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon regular rate does include breakfast but there is a parking charge per day and you have to pay for the shuttle. We've stayed here and it was nice but a little pricier than below.

The La Quinta airport east has free breakfast, free parking for 7 nights and free one way shuttle to the port. You have to get your own shuttle back. We did this a couple of months ago and shared a van with another couple back to the La Quinta and it was $25 for the van, which we split.

The Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon regular rate does include breakfast but there is a parking charge per day and you have to pay for the shuttle. We've stayed here and it was nice but a little pricier than below.

The La Quinta airport east has free breakfast, free parking for 7 nights and free one way shuttle to the port. You have to get your own shuttle back. We did this a couple of months ago and shared a van with another couple back to the La Quinta and it was $25 for the van, which we split.

I am flying in but some of my friends may not and will want to park - we will be staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and wondered how much it would cost to park there? I looked on line at the POM parking it is about $25 per day...and wondered if the hotel charges more or less or the same as the POM.

There are a bunch of us booked at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It is only a mile from the cruise terminal and they offer a cruise package to include parking. I've spoken with several who have stayed there before and it is a great value. Beautiful rooms that overlook the ocean and the cruise terminal - a great way to get excited!!

We stayed at the Marriott South Beach. Very nice. Great place to walk around. And yes, lots of very expensive restaurants, but there was this great Cafe that was awesome. I forget the name, Pink something I think...

There are a bunch of us booked at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It is only a mile from the cruise terminal and they offer a cruise package to include parking. I've spoken with several who have stayed there before and it is a great value. Beautiful rooms that overlook the ocean and the cruise terminal - a great way to get excited!!

Do they have free shuttles to the port? And I can't find a cruise package on their website....do you have to call to see a price?

Hey neighbor......Just wanted to let you know that there is a Pirmanti's in South Beach..... We stayed there and couldn't believe it. We opted for 5 guys for dinner though:D.

I am guessing that you do not wanted the added expense and are therefore driving instead of flying:confused::confused:. We flew Southwest and our bags flew free for $187.00 per person.

There is also a ton of great advice on the NORTH AMERICAN HOMEPORTS - EAST COAST DEPARTURES section of Cruise Critic. It is on the main page and helped me out tremendously.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your drive.

What did you think of this hotel? I booked a room here for Nov since it's reasonable ($78), has the shuttle to the port and is very close to the airport since our flight doesn't get in until about 11pm.

We stayed at the LQ East a couple years ago and the hotel was great - good price, great condition, service fine - but NOISY - not a big deal though. Felt good about the parking security, shuttle to the port was no problem at all. The only problem was that it was very difficult to find and get to - we had 2 vehicles and 2 GPS and neither one of them could find it!! We went out to eat that night and couldn't find our way back - we circled through the airport about 6 times............could see the hotel across the runway, just couldn't get to it!! :D

Do they have free shuttles to the port? And I can't find a cruise package on their website....do you have to call to see a price?

No, they don't have free shuttles. $10 for a ride, so pack a bunch of people together and pool the cost. The cruise package should be online, last I looked it was $119 for a ROH room including parking.

This is where we are staying on Monday...$69 a night AAA rate. Awesome deal for us (family of five) just going to be there one night anyways.

Maria

• 4 months later...

Thanks everyone I did go to parksleepfly.com and booked Hampton Inn Miami Airport $99 per room for 1 night, comes with free breakfast. They said it is 10 miles from the port. I opted for no shuttle we will drive to the port that way when the cruise is over we can jump in our car for a long ride home to the burg. You guys are terrific and many nights I stay up way to long reading these post. LOL I think I am a true cruise addic! LOL 45 days and counting. :D

Archived