Bringing beach towels from home

We thought about bringing our own, but I'm glad we decided not too. It's very easy to get them on board, and you can get up to four towels per seapass, so you'll have plenty. Just check them out, then turn them back in and you'll always have dry ones. We took them on excursions and had no problems. If you don't return them though, you'll have a $20 charge per towel added to your final bill.

We thought about bringing our own, but I'm glad we decided not too. It's very easy to get them on board, and you can get up to four towels per seapass, so you'll have plenty. Just check them out, then turn them back in and you'll always have dry ones. We took them on excursions and had no problems. If you don't return them though, you'll have a $20 charge per towel added to your final bill.

ok, stupid question...where do you get the towels from?

Towels are handed out on the pool deck. I have heard some ships still have them in your room, but not all.

I never bring towels and have never needed to. It is a good thing, because they take up so much room in the suitcase, and space is at a prime when you do a B2B and fly from Michigan into San Juan!

Towels are handed out on the pool deck. I have heard some ships still have them in your room, but not all.

I never bring towels and have never needed to. It is a good thing, because they take up so much room in the suitcase, and space is at a prime when you do a B2B and fly from Michigan into San Juan!

thanks!

I think this may depend on the ship...I heard on the Oasis you can only get 2 towels per card...so not sure if that is just one ship or all now...think it cuts down on saving of deck chairs this way;)

I never bring towels and have never needed to. It is a good thing, because they take up so much room in the suitcase, and space is at a prime

Not to mention that there really isn't enough space in your stateroom to hang multiple beach towels to dry. (And no, you cannot hang them on the balcony railings, either)

I bring mine as we usually cruise out of Galveston and its no big deal. I make us specialty towels with embroidered stuff as I have a machine that does it. New ones this season have the Toes In The Water A$$ In The Sand on them. And I do dry them on our balcony over the chairs with my towel clamps so they won't blow off. You can get these at Bed Bath and Beyond.

1sdpbc.jpg

Have done pirate towels and stripped cabana towels. Don't ever have to worry about ships towels. To each his own:D

I bring a suit case of towels so I have plenty to save the deck chairs with at 6:00 am for our group of 25 ppl...this way I know they are our chairs because no one else has those ones....

i bring a suit case of towels so i have plenty to save the deck chairs with at 6:00 am for our group of 25 ppl...this way i know they are our chairs because no one else has those ones....

:d:d:d

Never brought our own Towels ~ No need. All we need is one beach towel per person per day! Before now, we left the old ones on the bathroom floor, which were replaced with new clean ones. (not on the floor LOL). This year, we'll get at the Pool Deck. No big deal. I'd rather bring clothes than towels!!!

Safe sails!

The towels are blue. Checked out with your Sea Pass at the pool. I do not think they limit the # of towels.

Color may depend on the ship. On most of the RCI ships we have sailed on, the beach towels have been a beige color and, while quite utilitarian, are certainly not the kind of thing that would make a great souvenir.;) On some of the newer ships, I believe that the towels are blue and white striped and quite nice. We have sometimes found the towels in our staterooms and our room steward has replaced them as necessary and sometimes we have had to check them out on the pool deck. The process is pretty simple and it beats having to lug beach towels from home.

I bring a suit case of towels so I have plenty to save the deck chairs with at 6:00 am for our group of 25 ppl...this way I know they are our chairs because no one else has those ones....

I'm surprised that no one took the bait.:D

You are one brave woman to post you save chairs LOL especially 25 at a time HA!

I bring mine as we usually cruise out of Galveston and its no big deal. I make us specialty towels with embroidered stuff as I have a machine that does it. New ones this season have the Toes In The Water A$$ In The Sand on them. And I do dry them on our balcony over the chairs with my towel clamps so they won't blow off. You can get these at Bed Bath and Beyond.

1sdpbc.jpg

Have done pirate towels and stripped cabana towels. Don't ever have to worry about ships towels. To each his own:D

Don't suppose you take orders?.....I would love a towel with the Toes in the Water on it........Nineof5@aol.com

I didn't take the "bait" or set up. Just wanted to bust your friendly "chops" , but, If I were down and a towel was on a chair more than 10 minutes, off it would go!! If I don't hog, I don't like others "hogging"...Eventually a chair or two opens up! No one stays at the pool forever!. After all, there's food to be had :-)

Have a good cruise.

Are you allowed to save deck chairs? Thats a great idea. I might use one of the kid's suitcases for this since their clothes take up less space.

Archived