Motion Sickness - what do you suggest?

Eleni2007

HI Everyone,

We are leaving on the CB this Saturday June 5th!! Soooo excited!!:D

During my last cruise, I ended up having the worst case of motion sickness on the last 2 days of the cruise.... it was a bit rocky due to a hurricane that was chasing us. At the time, they gave me some ginger capsules purchased from the store onboard. THey helped a bit but only for a temporary basis.

It has gotten me a bit nervous about this cruise and whether I may need to bring something along with me... what do you all suggest? Any tips? I don't want to ruin our vacation.

Thanks!!!!!!

HI Everyone,

We are leaving on the CB this Saturday June 5th!! Soooo excited!!:D

During my last cruise, I ended up having the worst case of motion sickness on the last 2 days of the cruise.... it was a bit rocky due to a hurricane that was chasing us. At the time, they gave me some ginger capsules purchased from the store onboard. THey helped a bit but only for a temporary basis.

It has gotten me a bit nervous about this cruise and whether I may need to bring something along with me... what do you all suggest? Any tips? I don't want to ruin our vacation.

Thanks!!!!!!

Meclizine. One pill per day is all that you should need. Works wonders for me.

Cheers, VegasPier

On our last cruise we traveled with a couple who had tried Dramamine, Bonine and Ginger with unsatisfactory effects. So, they tried the acupressure writs bands (called "Sea Bands"), and they swore the worked like a charm, plus no drowsiness. As long as they were wearing them. You can buy them on the ship, and in pharmacies on land (or online.)

Good luck!

Although I, personally, have never used it (or had to); I have heard good reports from friends who have used Quease-ease. It is a nasal spray you use when you start to feel motion sickness or uncomfortable with motion.

I start taking bonine two days before the cruise and each night during the cruise, because if I wait until I feel yucky it's too late to really shut it down easily. Bonine is nice because it's non-drowsey, non cotton-mounth, once a day type of thing. I'm very prone to motion sickness and this has worked very well for me - even during some very rough waters in Alaska last year. Good luck and have a great cruise!

I totally agree.......I take a Bonine (meclizine) the morning of sailing,and another around

430p. That enables me to eat my dinner and keep it down! I am extremely motion sickness

prone, and have been using meclizine since 1984. Even use it at theme parks.....most

rides make me sick. I'm afraid to try the sea bands because I'm afraid they wouldn't work,

and once you start that mal de mer feeling, it's too late for anything but a shot in the

Medical Center.

Here in the states, at least you can buy generic meclizine quite inexpensively from a

pharmacy. Bonine is sold over the counter at Walgreens, CVS, Riteaid, etc. Probably

at Walmart and Target, too.

I agree with the Bonine.

I'm really bad about getting car sick, motion sick on rides and boats, etc.:o

I start taking it 2 days (well nights before bed) before the cruise.

Then continue taking it each night before bed during the cruise.

If we have an excursion planned that involves boats and/or a tender port, I'll take it in the morning as well.

I've never had a problem with motion sickness and we had a couple of rough hours on each of my past sailings. I actually was able to enjoy the rocking.

I've also haven't experience drowsiness, although I think taking them before bed helps.;)

Have a Great Cruise:)

I have sea bands, just in case. I also have the prescription patches and Bonine. I'm not sure which to use. I know you can't use both. I'm not sure which would be better. Has anyone tried both and would suggest one over the other?

And I'm curious about the 2 bandaids over the bellybutton. What is that about?

I get motion sickness from carnival rides plus on my first two cruises I had a patch and got a little sick on those. This time, last week, I did a ginger capsule morning and night and a bonine before bed and never had one problem. The boat was rocking pretty good as we left LA because of high winds and I still didn't get sick. I started taking it a couple days before as some have suggested here and it worked great for me. From the sounds of it some things work better for some and not for others.

One great hint with bonine. We all thought it was nasty to chew so I found if we chewed it with a fruit flavored tums we couldn't taste it at all.

Ginger caps, GingerAle, Sea-bands..i will be trying MotionEaze this cruise...just WANT to be PREPARED...last cruise i was feelin the MOTION of the OCEAN a bit to much!!--also someone told me last cruise, keep hydrated, cool and get fresh air, also keep something in your stomach...i never get SICK just the ooozy feelin.

I totally agree.......I take a Bonine (meclizine) the morning of sailing,and another around

430p. That enables me to eat my dinner and keep it down! I am extremely motion sickness

prone, and have been using meclizine since 1984. Even use it at theme parks.....most

rides make me sick. I'm afraid to try the sea bands because I'm afraid they wouldn't work,

and once you start that mal de mer feeling, it's too late for anything but a shot in the

Medical Center.

Here in the states, at least you can buy generic meclizine quite inexpensively from a

pharmacy. Bonine is sold over the counter at Walgreens, CVS, Riteaid, etc. Probably

at Walmart and Target, too.

I agree with jagsfan and jamers22 !!

Bonine is the best! Last time I even felt a bit sea sick was 31 cruises ago -- I started using Bonine (meclizine) the very next cruise and have never had a problem or a side effect.

Kel:)

The more you think about being nauseated, the more you will be nauseated. Stop overthinking, and just enjoy the cruise.

With all the remedies that medical science has, as well as ginger, and other remedies, there is no reason why anyone has to be seasick today.

Archived