FCC Question

Sinjan

My sister and I are planning a cruise for our parents 50th anniversary in May of 2012. We will be booking 3 cabins with 2pp in each. I will be coordinating and organizing everything and will probably book thru my PVP.

So here's my question. If I purchase 3 FCC's on my cruise in September, will I be able to apply one to each cabin?

If you book the cabins yourself, you can. You can purchase as many as you want, but like previous poster said, they are non-transferable.

Keep in mind that if you book someone else's cabin and use your cc, there'll be a bit of standing in line when you board the ship to change things around if they want to use their own cc. This happened to a friend of ours, and he said he'll just book his own cabin in the future rather than going through all of that.

When you think about it, you're not really saving yourself any money if you book a cabin for someone else and use your own FCC. You "make" money on the obc, and if you give away the obc, although it's a nice gesture, then you really don't get the full benefit of the FCC. Except that the deposit is $100.

Shay

My sister and I are planning a cruise for our parents 50th anniversary in May of 2012. We will be booking 3 cabins with 2pp in each. I will be coordinating and organizing everything and will probably book thru my PVP.

So here's my question. If I purchase 3 FCC's on my cruise in September, will I be able to apply one to each cabin?

If you book the May 2012 cruise while you are onboard in September, you will get 2 friends and family certificates that you can give to your sister and parents which will give them the OBC for the May 2012 cruise as long as they book it within 60 days of your booking. That is the easiest way to do it. The other more awkward way would only give you one extra FCC. You and your DH each buy a FCC in your own names. Then you book the May cruise in the same cabin as your sister or mother and your DH books a cabin with either his BIL or FIL. Once you board the ship, you go to guest information and switch the rooms around.

I should say, I wrote this as though you are the daughter of the parents. If you are the son, my apologies and hopefully you understand what I was trying to say.

Thank you all for your replies!

The cruise is a gift to our parents. We intend to pay for the cruise and their gratuities and any excursions we do as a group. They would only be responsible for personal spending items. We don't intend to link our cc for their S&S, but if I can get them OBC from an FCC or ES price drop, then they are welcome to use it as they choose.

lol @ luvs2cruz44 - yes, I am a daughter, but I would not have been offended if I hadn't been ;)

One of the main reasons I am going to be doing the booking is because of the military promo CCL does in May and November. DH has 10yrs with AF so I can apply that rate to all 3 cabins. I'm thinking doing this will be a better savings, and being able to use an FCC on each will be a bonus. I suppose worst case scenerio, I only get to buy 2 FCC's and my sister just looses out on the OBC.

Unless something has changed, the FCC is not combinable with the military or interline rates.

:confused::confused::confused: Really? I don't remember reading that anywhere. Can you link it for me please?

We just bought a FCC on the Fantasy, and they were offering $100 obc if you booked right then with them for a future cruise or they were offering a FCC. You could NOT combine the offers.

Shay

We just bought a FCC on the Fantasy, and they were offering $100 obc if you booked right then with them for a future cruise or they were offering a FCC. You could NOT combine the offers.

Shay

I understand that you can not get the OBC for booking onboard AND the OBC for an FCC for the same cruise.

But I can't find anything anywhere that says you can't use one or the other with a military rate as kicia stated.

Military rates cannot be combined .... Iv heard it onboard and seen it mentioned in threads. I dont have any of the FCC terms in writing ....but I agree, as soon as I saw that about military, I was going to say, but someone else said first.

I also dont think you can buy FCCs and use them for other cabins that you are not staying in. nontransferable. (unless as mentioned you booked onboard, non military rate) and got the friends and family FCCs).

Often ES rates are as low as military and you CAN use a FCC with ES rates ... might want to consider ES instead

I am going to have to give that ES a try....I have not done it yet.....

We bought three FCC certs when we were on Freedom last year, and were not aware of the rule that states that you cannot use the certs if you book interline. We usually start off booking under ES, and then our TA will switch us to either past guest or interline (if either of them beats ES), or she keeps us at ES.

Read the fine print -it's on the cert.

So your all saying that if I book ES (whether onboard or not), and catch a military promo for a price drop that I then can not use an FCC? Because that is essentially what I had thought to do whether for one cabin or three. I do understand how ES works as that is how I booked my September cruise. Then last month during the military promo I got two rate drops for a $252 OBC. I don't have any FCC's, but from what your telling me, I couldn't use it now even if I did have one. Right?

All these different rules are confusing. But, they probably did it that way figuring most people would give up before figuring out what they qualify for! lol

So your all saying that if I book ES (whether onboard or not), and catch a military promo for a price drop that I then can not use an FCC? Because that is essentially what I had thought to do whether for one cabin or three. I do understand how ES works as that is how I booked my September cruise. Then last month during the military promo I got two rate drops for a $252 OBC. I don't have any FCC's, but from what your telling me, I couldn't use it now even if I did have one. Right?

All these different rules are confusing. But, they probably did it that way figuring most people would give up before figuring out what they qualify for! lol

yes, that works... you can book ES and then if military drops lower, price match to that rate ...and once ES always ES.

Sounds like a glitch in their system. Cant use with military, but can use with ES, price match to miltary, and still that way use with a FCC.

yes, that works... you can book ES and then if military drops lower, price match to that rate ...and once ES always ES.

Sounds like a glitch in their system. Cant use with military, but can use with ES, price match to miltary, and still that way use with a FCC.

Thats what I thought too. It just became confusing when everyone started saying I couldn't use the FCC if I had a military rate. Guess I wasn't specific enough, sorry bout that!

So, back to my original question. If I book 3 cabins ES and make all payments etc. Can I use a FCC on each one?

If no, then I could do the split thing someone mentioned. DH and I each buy a cert, and book each in different cabins then switch onboard. That would still put me ahead by $200 OBC and I'm good with letting my parents have half that.

I also dont think you can buy FCCs and use them for other cabins that you are not staying in. nontransferable. (unless as mentioned you booked onboard) and got the friends and family FCCs).

So, back to my original question. If I book 3 cabins ES and make all payments etc. Can I use a FCC on each one?

If no, then I could do the split thing someone mentioned. DH and I each buy a cert, and book each in different cabins then switch onboard. That would still put me ahead by $200 OBC and I'm good with letting my parents have half that.

As I said above and someone else said, the only way for 3 cabins would be to book onboard ... or you could do two of them by getting one in both your name and husbnds, and each of you book in a different cabin.

Again ....they are nontransferable ... so unless there is another person involved (I mean on the cruise when you buy the certs that will also be on the next cruise you want to apply the FCCs to), you couldnt do it once home with 3 certs.

I think if you understand they are nontransferable and you can only buy them in the name of the person who is on the cruise ....you can figure out how many you can buy and use better than us, since you have the info.

Book onboard and get the friends and family is the only way I know of with the info you gave.

Do you think anyone else will be joining your cruise? Because you'll get the max # of $100 OBC certificates if you book all 3 cabins while you're on your upcoming September cruise. You'll get the $100 for each of the 3 cabins, plus 2 more certificates per cabin, 6 total, for additional friends & family who might book your same exact cruise. These certificates would need to be booked within 60 days of being issued.

We booked 3 cabins on-board the Liberty back in March for an upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, and got the 6 extra certificates. Two of the cabins were for DH's brother & family (and we booked them in their names -- not ours), and SIL promptly sent us a check to cover the $300 pp deposit that we'd put on our credit card.

Thanks osiebosie for the comment re: credit cards. I wasn't expecting that to be an issue, but I know now to keep an eye out for it.

The following is from another thread, hope this helps.

Okay hopefully this will work a little better!

-----Original Message-----

From: Legorburo, Carmen (CCL) <CLegorburo@carnivalpvp.com>

To: xxxxx

Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2010 9:39 am

Subject: RE: cruise

Hello Tarra,

See below for the details on this program. As you can see it is not yet available on all ships, but based on the schedule below it should be available on the Inspiration when you go in May.

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is currently on the following ships:

• Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Liberty
  • Carnival Valor
  • Carnival Freedom
  • Carnival Conquest

We will launch the program on the following ships as scheduled:

• Carnival Dream: 2/06/10
  • Carnival Spirit: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Pride: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Legend: 2/07/10
  • Carnival Miracle: 2/08/10
  • Carnival Glory: 2/21/10
  • Carnival Triumph: 3/01/10
  • Carnival Ecstasy: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Elation: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Fascination: 3/06/10
  • Carnival Inspiration: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Destiny: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Fantasy: 3/08/10
  • Carnival Victory: tba
  • Carnival Imagination: tba
  • Carnival Paradise: tba
  • Carnival Sensation: tba

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* per stateroom.
  • The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise
  • $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise
  • $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise
  • $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises
    Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.
  • The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.
  • The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing. Document the BCU line as follows: “deposit or balance (enter amount) to be paid w/ (enter type of certificate being redeemed).”
  • Carnival Cruise Line
    3655 NW 87th Ave
    Miami, Florida33178
    Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSRZ-356S
  • Photo copies will not be accepted.
  • The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • The voucher is combinable with the Early Saver rate as long as the Early Saver is not protected at the Military rate.

2nd Promotion/Offer

We will offer a 2nd promotion to guests that are not ready to commit on a particular ship or sail date. The guest can deposit $100.00 for their future cruise and receive a certificate for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* per stateroom.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise
  • $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise
  • $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise
  • $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises
    Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Certificate

• Applicable to group bookings
  • Deposit is refundable, however non-transferable.
  • Only one certificate will be applicable per stateroom.
  • Certificate will be valid for 60 months.
  • The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • The voucher is combinable with the Early Saver rate as long as the Early Saver is not protected at the Military rate.

Booking Procedures

• Guest will be instructed to contact their travel agent or Carnival directly; CVS and PVP are permitted to book the direct guests; the Promo Desk will make reservations for guests booked with travel agents.
  • Guests can book the best available fare including Senior rates, Resident rates and Past Guest promotions.
  • The following promotions will be excluded: Friends & Family rates, Military rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.
  • Applicable on all ships and sailings.
  • Document in IRBCU, that the guest is using a Future Carnival Vacation certificate and include the number.
  • Certificates should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing. Document the BCU line as follows: “deposit or balance (enter amount) to be paid w/ (enter type of certificate being redeemed).”
  • Carnival Cruise Line
    3655 NW 87th Ave
    Miami, Florida33178
    Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSRZ-356S

Carmen Legorburo

1-800-819-3902 ext 82325

Personal Vacation Planner

Carnival Cruise Lines

Please share my name with friends and family so they too can receive excellent service in planning their memorable vacation.

* Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars, cruise only, per person, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability, and not combinable with any other discount or promotional offers. Some restrictions (including stateroom availability) apply. Rates vary by sail date. Ships' Registry: Panama and The Bahamas.

image.php?u=326781&type=sigpic&dateline=1202656316 Stephanie

email: stephstackhouse@aol.com

Archived