Stanley Cup Finals

Deb1113

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't normally boardcast NBC but let's see if we can get someone currently onboard to respond. The rest of the games are on NBC. I'll keep a watchful eye.

Oh....what an awesome game tonight!!!!

GO FLYERS !!!!!

Actually the games are on Versus not NBC. I'm glad to see FLYERS fans here.

Actually the last 3 games will be broadcast on NBC. I can't speak for Celebrity, but we were just on Princess and they did not show Versus or NBC games. We were forced to watch the ticker on ESPN to see how our Flyers were doing...

No TV broadcasts were available (same with the NBA finals). The ESPN carried on the Summit was ESPN international and usually didn't have a ticker with NHL scores.

However, there is a way to listen to the games. We took a portable Sirius radio and a home kit onboard and caught every game. Even in Bermuda where the signal was very weak but passable! You might want to take a portable speaker system too. We picked up Monday's game from our balcony on the starboard side. Wednesday's game (while in Bermuda) was trickier because the signal was weak. We settled on the port side of the Waterfall cafe next to the window, because the outdoor areas were the smoking areas. I was later told that the Frog and Onion pub near the ship had the game. Yesterday, I talked to Matt, the Cruise the Director, who had several requests to show the game. He kindly offered us an audio set-up to hook into my satellite receiver (and home dock/antenna) at the bar in the aft portion of the ship, behind the Waterfall Grille. It was great! Had our own bar with pizza nearby.

No TV broadcasts were available (same with the NBA finals). The ESPN carried on the Summit was ESPN international and usually didn't have a ticker with NHL scores.

However, there is a way to listen to the games. We took a portable Sirius radio and a home kit onboard and caught every game. Even in Bermuda where the signal was very weak but passable! You might want to take a portable speaker system too. We picked up Monday's game from our balcony on the starboard side. Wednesday's game (while in Bermuda) was trickier because the signal was weak. We settled on the port side of the Waterfall cafe next to the window, because the outdoor areas were the smoking areas. I was later told that the Frog and Onion pub near the ship had the game. Yesterday, I talked to Matt, the Cruise the Director, who had several requests to show the game. He kindly offered us an audio set-up to hook into my satellite receiver (and home dock/antenna) at the bar in the aft portion of the ship, behind the Waterfall Grille. It was great! Had our own bar with pizza nearby.

Sounds like you are having a good time:)....if you see Matt again

tell him I said hello.....he is a good guy!

I know you disembark tomorrow and just wanted to say thanks for your

"live froms".....I have enjoyed reading them:)

Iggle ~ thanks for stopping by and giving us an update! Much appreciated.

Deb ~ have a fantastic cruise and hopefully by the time you get home, the Flyers will once again be raising the cup!!!

GO FLYERS!!!!!

We were on Eclipse B2B May 3rd and May 7th in Europe. We couldn't believe it. We saw every Flyers playoff game on the Fox Sports channel on the TV in the stateroom. The feeds were from Versus and NBC sometimes live or a replay the next day.

Hope you get to see them onboard Summit too!

Bonnie

I NEVER thought that I would utter the words : "Lets Go Flyers"... We are from Wilkes-Barre, PA. Home of the "baby" Penguins in the AHL. We are huge Pittsburgh fans, as we have had the opoortunity to meet and follow the careers of many young players. However, Several years ago, I became friends with a young man that had just entered the AHL in Wilkes-Barre. As part of our booster club, he was our "adopted player". We would follow his progress, document his press releases and attend appearances to take photos. At the end of the season, I presented him a VERY large scrapbook of the first year of his hockey career. I have done many in the past including Ryan Vandenbussche ( no longer playing) and David Koci ( now in the NHL). This time was different as I really took a liking to the kid. He was dubbed as a "trouble maker" at times and many people said he would never make it, but I always knew he just had a passion. About a week after giving him the scrapbook, I received an e-mail from his MOM saying that she would like to meet me at the next game. We met and had a nice long distance friendship. When the young man got traded I was heartbroken, until I found out from MOM that he would actually be playinh in the NHL in Phoenix. We actually spent a Christmas in Phoenix with his family to visit him and attend two games ( in which he didn't play because he was injured a few days before our arrival :( . As we all got busy, we don't speak as much any more but I have continued to follow his progress as I am VERY proud of him. Imagine my surprise when he was traded to our arch rivals..The Flyers. Although I have all of his other jerseys, I could never bring myself to get a Flyers jersey and I cheered for my Pens until the end. However, I am thrilled that the Flyers might take the cup and will be even more thrilled to see: DANIEL CARCILLO be part of the team to hoist it. So, here we go..GO DANNY & GO FLYERS!

PS: When they hoist the cup, I hope they do a "nanny nanny boo boo " for Hosa!

Bonnie - you have given me a small glimmer of hope.

Lorriv - how cool is that!

Thanks. I see you are leaving on the Summit tomorrow. I will be looking for a full report from you, as we are sailing on June 20th. What type of cabin are you in?

Thanks. I see you are leaving on the Summit tomorrow. I will be looking for a full report from you, as we are sailing on June 20th. What type of cabin are you in?

I travel alone and always get the cheapest cabin WITH A WINDOW. So, I am on deck 2.

Hi, I'm on Celebrity Constellation in the Baltic, and at least three of the first four games were aired on Fox Sports, which the ship does indeed get (with the time change, games were broadcasted during the early a.m. hours). Wasn't aware that the final three games were being shown on NBC.

Hi, I'm on Celebrity Constellation in the Baltic, and at least three of the first four games were aired on Fox Sports, which the ship does indeed get (with the time change, games were broadcasted during the early a.m. hours). Wasn't aware that the final three games were being shown on NBC.

Hi Dan, something must change while across the Pond because FOX

doesn't show the games here. Its on Versus AND NBC so somehow,

via satellite, FOX must pick it up for Europe.

lorriv ~ what a great story! We can promise you that we will be happy to do the nanny nanny boo boo Hossa should the situation arise! If they win, you are going to have to get a Flyers jersey with his name on it. You helped him get there !!!! :) Have a fantastic cruise!

Archived