steveNcindy

Is Cahill driving repeat business away from Carnival  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cahill driving repeat business away from Carnival

• Yes, Cahill is driving repeat business away with his policies
    • No, no matter what Carnival does I will always cruise with them
    • I miss Steveaaaaaa's polls, they are much more scientific
    • TwoFatGuys is a great name for a band

But John Heald keeps trumpeting him as a great leader - he even rides the Flow Rider in some pretty cool board shorts :confused:

Wine choices now suck. Dickinson did a better job on the wine.

I voted for Steveaaaaaa

Unfortunately it seems like Cahill puts the shareholders happiness before that of the guests. While penny pinching may give the shareholders a short term boost, the loss of guests could ultimately hurt the company.

If making more money is the goal, then improve the product. Don't water it down to save pennies. That same business mindset is why so many American car companies are failing while Japanese and Korean companies have gained huge followings in just a couple of decades.

I too am a shareholder, and Grady I agree with your post. I am beginning to notice a "watered down" product. It may produce short term gains, but I'm more concerned about the long term.

I too am a shareholder, and Grady I agree with your post. I am beginning to notice a "watered down" product. It may produce short term gains, but I'm more concerned about the long term.

As a shareholder then, do you feel it is best to keep on offering lesser product at reduced rates and attract one time customers or cater more to repeat customers and raise rates slightly, improve the product and ease up on all restrictions as a going forward business policy??

As a shareholder then, do you feel it is best to keep on offering lesser product at reduced rates and attract one time customers or cater more to repeat customers and raise rates slightly, improve the product and ease up on all restrictions as a going forward business policy??

Raise rates slightly and improve the product would suit me. I do not mind some restrictions, but some of the stuff we've seen lately has been pretty knee-jerk.

But John Heald keeps trumpeting him as a great leader - he even rides the Flow Rider in some pretty cool board shorts :confused:

The leaders of Enron were also about putting on a show to suck in the fast buck now and didn't worry about the impact on the company tomorrow - all while the heralds sang their praises.

The leaders of Enron were also about putting on a show to suck in the fast buck now and didn't worry about the impact on the company tomorrow - all while the heralds sang their praises.

That worked out well, didn't it :rolleyes:

My mistake though; I thought it was the other Steve that posted the poll:o

:eek:

I did pay homage to the pollmeister though

Raise rates slightly and improve the product would suit me. I do not mind some restrictions, but some of the stuff we've seen lately has been pretty knee-jerk.

I am not privy to the market research but it seems to me that their business model is now revolving around getting the first timer dollars, max out the profit on that and that there is a sufficient customer base to sustain this long term. Some will return, some won't - make up the shortfall with new people

I am not privy to the market research but it seems to me that their business model is now revolving around getting the first timer dollars, max out the profit on that and that there is a sufficient customer base to sustain this long term. Some will return, some won't - make up the shortfall with new people

"Bail the boat using a bucket filled with holes" :rolleyes:

Just a quick question that may be perceived as off topic, but, I think would be on topic of this thread:

I've read numerous times that cruisecritic members only attribute to 1% or less of cruise travelers, so, really, do our opinions matter overall? Example: Many people (I would include myself in this group) on cruisecritic would not mind a raise in price slightly for a better product... a better cruise/better service/not watered down/etc. But would the other 99% of the people who book on Carnival feel differently? Would that extra 10 or 20 or 50 dollars per person nudge people to book on another cruise line?

Thank you for any thoughts. I can totally understand the viewpoints of the shareholders, which makes complete sense to me. :)

Just a quick question that may be perceived as off topic, but, I think would be on topic of this thread:

I've read numerous times that cruisecritic members only attribute to 1% or less of cruise travelers, so, really, do our opinions matter overall? Example: Many people (I would include myself in this group) on cruisecritic would not mind a raise in price slightly for a better product... a better cruise/better service/not watered down/etc. But would the other 99% of the people who book on Carnival feel differently? Would that extra 10 or 20 or 50 dollars per person nudge people to book on another cruise line?

Thank you for any thoughts. I can totally understand the viewpoints of the shareholders, which makes complete sense to me. :)

People are price driven. Carnival is usually the cheapest cruise ..and as they raise prices closer to other cruiselines, people WILL wander off. Im willing to pay about $100 total ($50 pp) extra for RCL out of Galveston over Conquest for instance. More than that ...Im with Carnival.

I don't think there are any less restrictive lines for smuggling liquor . . .

True, the are some that are extremely restrictive (NCL), and those that are much more relaxed (DCL). 'tis a subject that will always have debate about policy.

People are price driven. Carnival is usually the cheapest cruise ..and as they raise prices closer to other cruiselines, people WILL wander off. Im willing to pay about $100 total ($50 pp) extra for RCL out of Galveston over Conquest for instance. More than that ...Im with Carnival.

Hi Firefly!

I'm not familiar at all with the Galveston cruises offered... would that be for a 7 day cruise? $50pp isn't too much at all to switch lines... would you say that if money grew on the trees in your backyard, you'd always cruise with RCL? Just curious as I've only been on two cruises myself, both with Carnival. Thanks!

The Bon Voyage debacle, had it not been fixed would have made me go with RCL. I booked the Victory the day they changed their minds.

At least they were listening when everyone complained. I would prefer they stick to their fun ship mentality and stop changing policies left and right.

My mistake though; I thought it was the other Steve that posted the poll:o

Aha, I'm not the only one who has trouble handling the whole poll thing :D

I stand by my statement despite the confusion!

Hey, where is the poll meister anyway?

I didn't even know the leadership has changed, so I guess I don't mind him. I have been cruising on Carnival for 8 years, and the only difference I have noticed is the midnight buffett and drink prices have gone up, of course most things have gone up in price over the past 8 years. Drinks were still expensive 8 years ago.

I do think that Gary Cahill has got it wrong-- at least for the passengers. For the shareholders', I think that's an entirely different story.

Living in South Florida, it is very convenient sailing on Carnival. Despite the relatively low prices to book, it does wind up being an expensive endeavor.

Food and service have truly declined over the past few years. After having just departed a Carnival ship, I've decided not to use this line again. At least not for a while.

Archived