Recent Nachi Cocum reviews?

TurnLeftKasey

We will be there in July and I would love to know if there are jet ski's or parasailing available?

Yes, they are available. My DH and DS did both on June 15th. The jet ski's were $60 for 1/2 hour for 2 people and the parasailing was $60 a person for about a 15 minute ride. They enjoyed both, but my 9 y/o really loved the jet ski's!!

We just got back from our Cruise and have to say Nachi was one of the highlights. We also had Carlos and he was amazing, he took photos for us. He put up with all 7 of us crazies and never stopped smiling for us. There were probably about 50 people there the day we went. The food was great, all the drinks we tried were great. The water was cool and clear, it was by far the most relaxing day we had. I would absolutely go back.

We will be there in July and I would love to know if there are jet ski's or parasailing available?

Yes, both. My DH did the parasailing last month and absolutely loved it! I paid $10 to ride along in the boat and take pictures of him. They had very good, safe equipment. I was surprised how easy it was for my DH to do this. (He's 57 and weighs about 250.) The cost was $50 for a single, but they also offered double parasailing. The man sitting next to us on the beach rented a jet ski and spent his time "cutting donuts" with it.....as did someone else at the same time DH was up parasailing. He got pics of the "donuts" from way up high! Cool pic!

IMG_0877.jpg.5365a1ad02756d256d4cc8a020cb908f.jpg

I may have very well been under a rock but what is Nachi Cocum? How do you get there?:D

It's a semi-well kept secret. In Cozumel private beach club. You take a taxi $15 each way. Must book in advance. You can only book thru Island Marketing. $50pp AI.

I was there this time last week! It was a wonderful day, the water was perfect. The food is very good, and our waiter was so attentive. There were 11 of us in our group, ages from 16-50 and there was something for everyone. We are already planning a return visit next summer. :)

You have peaked my interest. The taxi is 15, the admission is $50 PP. Is everything else included? Food and drinks? Just thinking it might be the best for myself, wife and adult daughter! Just Thinking?

We are going in October on the Dawn Repo and planning on coming here. Earlier this year in April we were in Cosumel and went to Uvas beach and it was a disaster. The beach was rocky and uncomfortable. The water had huge rocks and made it horrible to walk in and the pool was green and toxic. Most of our fellow pax went to Nachi Cocum but we felt we would save some money going to Uvas for $7 per person...NEVER AGAIN You get what you pay for. When they returned to the ship, everyone of them raved about the service, food, drinks and atmosphere. Made up my mind that day to return to Nachi Cocum myself.

You have peaked my interest. The taxi is 15, the admission is $50 PP. Is everything else included? Food and drinks? Just thinking it might be the best for myself, wife and adult daughter! Just Thinking?

Actually, the price is $49, but what's $1 difference? LOL! Yes, it is "all you can drink", which includes both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. For those like myself who do not drink alcohol, there are plenty of options....you can order nonalcoholic pina coladas and margaritas, plus soft drinks, iced tea, and bottled water. You only get one meal, which includes appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. We never made it to dessert either time (have been twice), and we are pretty big eaters. It's a huge amount of food! Here is our meal for 2, which the waiter brought to us on the beach.

IMG_2490.jpg.994a5ffade3be2e77bd19c5bb995cdc3.jpg

• 1 month later...
My DH and I were just there two weeks ago, and it was one of the top three things we did on our cruise. We opted to stay by the pool. I'm not a beach girl, and the pool is more my scene! There were ramps to get to the pool area, but it is a bumpy surface. There are chairs, tables and umbrella's around the pool. When you check in, just tell your waiter that you want to stay by the pool, and they will hook you up.

Also, our waiter was Carlos, and when he introduced himself to us, I did a little "yipee" in my head, since he has gotten so much praise on this message board. He did not disappoint us. He was always refreshing our drinks and asking us if we needed anything. The food was fantastic, and much more than we could possibly eat. We didn't even order dessert, but we were offered several times.

We will be back!

We are just putting in a reservation request for Dec 7 and my dh and I were just joking that we want to request Carlos. LOL!:D

We were at Nachi on July 21, 2010. Service (Joseph) was excellent. Food was excellent (had grilled shrimp, nachos and flan). Very clean.

It was very quiet and relaxing. For me---lovely. For my friend--it was too quiet and my friend was bored--there is no music.

Water temperature was quite warm--at least 80 degrees. Don't bother with your snorkeling. Nothing to see.

Would recommend if you are looking for nice beach, good food and drinks, great service and quiet time. There were only 50 people there the day we were there; sometimes, per Joseph, our waiter, it gets a litle crazy with drunk people by the pool. It's a relaxing atmosphere--not a partying one.

Enjoy.

We are going in October on the Dawn Repo and planning on coming here. Earlier this year in April we were in Cosumel and went to Uvas beach and it was a disaster. The beach was rocky and uncomfortable. The water had huge rocks and made it horrible to walk in and the pool was green and toxic. Most of our fellow pax went to Nachi Cocum but we felt we would save some money going to Uvas for $7 per person...NEVER AGAIN You get what you pay for. When they returned to the ship, everyone of them raved about the service, food, drinks and atmosphere. Made up my mind that day to return to Nachi Cocum myself.

Hi Eileen,

We are on the Dawn Repo too but it doesn't go to Cozumel, does it? We're checking Nachi Cocom for a cruise next March and noticed your post. Just dont want you booking a shore excursion for October and finding out we're not going there.

Debbie and Tony

I hope all of you that are going soon take time to add to this review in order to get the most recent info to those of us suffering having to wait until a later date. We don't sail until October....keep it coming, please.

We just booked Nachi for our Cozumel stop on September 16th, based pretty much on all the rave reviews I've seen here. (otherwise, I probably wouldn't have even known about it)

Those of you who get there before us, keep us up-to-date! I will be on the lookout for Carlos!:D

We were there in early July, it was very nice, water was warm , there was a storm brewing so the water was cloudy, lots seaweed at your feet, so we rented rafts and stayed out on those for a while, the food was excellent, my foo foo drinks didnt have much liquor in them at all, but then when I ordered

from the poolbar then they finally had liquor to them.

Our day was cloudy and it poured heavy while we were in taxi but we went and it was still relaxing and warm, by 3:30 we were ready to call it a day

and go back to ship to get ready for dinner.

Would I go back yes, for the food alone Id go back it was that good.

:eek: I made my reservation months ago for Nachi for the end of August only now that I read these reviews it sounds TOO QUIET for us. We love music, swimming, and lots of beach activities. Since most of you have been here can you recommend somewhere else that would meet our interests.:confused:

:eek: I made my reservation months ago for Nachi for the end of August only now that I read these reviews it sounds TOO QUIET for us. We love music, swimming, and lots of beach activities. Since most of you have been here can you recommend somewhere else that would meet our interests.:confused:

We are looking for a great party atmosphere too, still trying to decide between an all-inclusive or the Bar Hop excursion, we are leaning toward the Bar Hop.

There a four of going on 9/28 with 2 ships in port. This will be our first time to Nachi's. The last 3 times we were in Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach (which I absolutely loved by the way). We decided that this time we wanted to try something different. I keep seeing mixed reviews but I'm sure everything will work out just fine! I am most looking forward to the pool area! I love the beach, but the pool is more my scene and a swim up pool bar even better!!

I will come back and write a review (hopefully with pictures) on my return.

Question..do you know if you can ASK for a particular waiter? I would love to ask for Carlos, as he seems to get the best reviews on here :-).

Hey girlfriend!!!! I had no idea you were going to be there before us!!! Make sure you guys leave some liquor for us! You will have to let us know what your thoughts are if you decide to go?? I figured it would be nice to relax for at least a day and get away from all the music and noise of the ship. I'm thinking they would have at least some music playing??

Based on the advise of others here on CRUISE CRITIC, my Wife and I chose to go to the NACHI COCUM beach resort around a week or so ago. This was a short 10-minute ($15) taxi ride from Puerta Maya. We spent a few hours there enjoying the crystal clear beach water, fresh water pool, the 4-course lunch, and unlimited booze. All in all a great day!

However, I noticed on the ride to/from that Nachi seems to be the furthest away and quite frankly doesn't seem to have the same level of "roadside appeal" that some of the other beaches did. It makes me wonder what, if anything, I'm missing from not choosing any of the others like Mr. Sancho's, Paradise, et al?

Based on the advise of others here on CRUISE CRITIC, my Wife and I chose to go to the NACHI COCUM beach resort around a week or so ago. This was a short 10-minute ($15) taxi ride from Puerta Maya. We spent a few hours there enjoying the crystal clear beach water, fresh water pool, the 4-course lunch, and unlimited booze. All in all a great day!

However, I noticed on the ride to/from that Nachi seems to be the furthest away and quite frankly doesn't seem to have the same level of "roadside appeal" that some of the other beaches did. It makes me wonder what, if anything, I'm missing from not choosing any of the others like Mr. Sancho's, Paradise, et al?

I've been to Paradise Beach (3) times and the "road side appeal" is nothing to look at either. The beach is very nice (some areas of it are rocky) but the water has always been a beautiful blue/green and the service and food has been awesome! Not an AI, but well worth the try for a change of pace!!

I've been to Paradise Beach (3) times and the "road side appeal" is nothing to look at either. The beach is very nice (some areas of it are rocky) but the water has always been a beautiful blue/green and the service and food has been awesome! Not an AI, but well worth the try for a change of pace!!

Hi Cheryl thanks for the feed back darn I wish we were all going together that would really make a party. 4 ships in port the day we are there with a total of 14,865 passengers. I was thinking maybe Paradise Beach would be too crazy I'm not that into a bunch of kids running all around me. At least at Nachi its limited to 100 people. Since you've been to Paradise do you agree it probably will be way busy?

Aside from Nachi, which other beaches along "beach row" are AI?

Have you checked to see how many ships will be in Cozumel when you will be there :confused: It looks to me that on Nov 13th there will be 4 ships in port with 12,474 passengers.

13-Nov-10 12474Navigator Of The Seas, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Elation, Carnival Inspiration

I found this post on the Cozumel thread.

Could be a bit crowded. My suggestion is that anyone looking to book a private excursion that day do it sooner than later. The popular party spots will probably be crowded. As will San Miguel's Plaza area. Best to look for the more hidden gems restaurants and bars. I'd guess it's probably best to think about the beach areas further south toward the lighthouse at punta sur, like Playa Palancar or even the smaller beaches like Playa San Francisco or Playa Corona that are nestled between more popular beaches like Mr Santos, Carlos N Charlies and Paradise Beach. These more popular beaches will be able to handle their own.

Archived