Pre cruise hotels used by celebrity in ft lauderdale

JP1947

I was booked at the Hilton Marina Hotel by Celebrity both for the cruise on Solstice in May but also for the cruise on Equinox which was cancelled for me due to the Volcanic Ash problem.

Sue

FYI you can probably book a comprable hotel on your own for well under half what Celebrity charges. Try using sites like Hotwire and Priceline. You should be able to get a nice hotel for about $50 to $80 per night.

For sure, if you have the time and inclination, book your own hotel to save mucho dollars. ;) You will pay for the convenienceof them making the phone call, big time!

The rates vary by season, so if it's peak season, you won't find a 3 star property at the rate Gonzo states. However you'll do well. We just got the Riverside for $115 in peak winter season. Going rate on other booking sites and the hotel web is $189 at lowest.

Too, when you book with X, you will pay PER PERSON and it will include transfers which are also over charged. :rolleyes:

Oh if you look at the Celebrity pre and post packages offered in Ftl, it will list the hotels they use.

I went on Priceline last week. We're going on Solstice in February, high season for Ft. Lauderdale. I was able to get the Marriott Courtyard for $110 I think for a Sat. night, and it's on the beach. True we have to pay for transportation from airport to hotel/hotel to ship/ship to airport, but we still come out way ahead at what Celebrity wanted to charge us.

Priceline is good, you can pick the area you want to stay and the star level of hotel. last cruise we did was in Tampa, and I got a great hotel by the airport for $50. Have gotten good deals in Miami as well. Cruise line is charging you extra for doing a minimal amount of legwork.

Taxis are plentiful in Fort Lauderdale, trust me I know, I went to college down there and took a taxi home many times :D:D:D

Hi, we are booked in with Celebrity at the Hilton Marina, I couldn't be bothered to fuss around and look for just 1 night. With Hotwire you never really know until you have booked as to actually where the hotal is going to be, onsaying that I have use Hotwire on many occasions and had great hotels at great prices in great locations.

Sam

We are sailing on Solstice on 12th September and Celebrity have booked us into the Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale.

Liz

A good date, since it is again my 49th birthday. Also, two days past the peak day of the hurricane season; hence, your pre cruise stay makes quite a bit of sense.

I went on Priceline last week. We're going on Solstice in February, high season for Ft. Lauderdale. I was able to get the Marriott Courtyard for $110 I think for a Sat. night, and it's on the beach. True we have to pay for transportation from airport to hotel/hotel to ship/ship to airport, but we still come out way ahead at what Celebrity wanted to charge us.

Priceline is good, you can pick the area you want to stay and the star level of hotel. last cruise we did was in Tampa, and I got a great hotel by the airport for $50. Have gotten good deals in Miami as well. Cruise line is charging you extra for doing a minimal amount of legwork.

Taxis are plentiful in Fort Lauderdale, trust me I know, I went to college down there and took a taxi home many times :D:D:D

Vis-a-vis your Tampa experience, did you book a hotel with free parking during your cruise? We will be on the Radiance from there on October 9; and, the hurricane predictions, if they hold true, might impel us to drive from S. Ft. Myers a day early.

On my first cruise out of FLL, I used the Celebrity hotels and transfers and quickly found out that FLL is one of the easiest cities to get around and I would never use it again. If you go on the Florida departures board there are loads of hotels. The easiest way to get around for any leg, airport to hotel, hotel to pier and back to pier is by cab. Any leg is only about $15 with tip and takes ten minutes. With the Celebrity shuttles you go when they tell you and you may be on the bus for quite awhile picking up at different hotels. The cabs are plentiful and you go when you want...

Hi, we are booked in with Celebrity at the Hilton Marina, I couldn't be bothered to fuss around and look for just 1 night. With Hotwire you never really know until you have booked as to actually where the hotal is going to be, onsaying that I have use Hotwire on many occasions and had great hotels at great prices in great locations.

Sam

Just checked the Hilton website. Rooms at that property start at $150.00 per night. Probably much less than Celebrity charges. Plus, the airport and pier are very close, so the taxi fare will be quite resaonable. Takes 2 minutes to book and save a bundle.

DiamondJack,

I'm not sure if they had free parking, we flew down from the Northeast and took the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Hotel also provided us a free shuttle to the port the next day. It was the "Quorum Hotel" close to the airport, I definitely recommend.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I didn't pay attention whether they had free parking or not.

Does anyone know the hotels offered by celebrity for pre cruise packages in ft lauderdale?

According to my travel agent, there are a number of hotels used by Celebrity in Ft. Lauderdale. As many have indicated, you could probably get a better rate on your own.

Anyway, the current hotels are: Hilton Ft. lauderdale Beach; Sea View; Bently Hotel; Embassy Suites; Doubletree; Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina; Hyatt Regency Pier 66; W Hotel Ft. Lauderdale.

Rick

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. We stayed at Hyatt Place North (10th Avenue location) near the port this past December for one night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale. It was awful. We had no air conditioning in our room. The front desk staff was rude. They would not move us to another room although I read on CC that sleepless, hot night that another guest in the same hotel was moved twice (noisy guests, etc.). Could not even get a fan. I'd never book that hotel again.

Whichever property you look at, be sure to check their AAA rates as well. I found some great deals though AAA. I was then able to use that information to bid a lower price through Priceline. Managed to get the Renaissance in Ft Lauderdale for about $30 what the AAA discount would have been. If you're new to priceline then be careful, you may not know what hotel you're giong to get. If you must get a specific hotel then either use that hotel's website, the AAA website, or your TA.

Use this link on this board for lots of info on pre-post cruise hotels.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale several times and have found several nice properties that will not only pick you up at the airport, but allow you to leave your car (if you drive) and take you to the pier for free. You just have to do your research. One of our favorites is the Holiday Inn Express on SR-84. Everyone wants to have that harbor view but for free transportation, a free breakfast, nicely re-done rooms, I was happy to stay there.

We have stayed at the Ramada Inn airport/cruiseport for the last few years. It is not fancy - but clean and the staff was friendly. Free hot breakfast buffet was included and there is a restaurant and lounge on property. There is also a good sized, treed and flowered patio and pool area. Airport transfer to the hotel and again to the cruiseport(including the Miami port also) is included. We were able to make arrangements there for transfer from the port to the airport after the cruise.

Sue & Ron

Hi,On previous cruises we have booked airport transfers and the hotel independently usually staying at the Embassy suites on 17th St. On our return to the uk we had to pay for a shore excursion via Celebrity just to pass a bit of time due to the flight home always being in the evening. This time for our Solstice sailing in October we have booked through Celebrity they pick us up from the airport, we have a room at the Hilton Marina Ft Lauderdale and on our return we have been allocated a day room at the Wyndham Miami airport. For us this works out so much cheaper than doing it ourselves. Hope this helps.

Archived