Fish fry - nassau

sea_u_onboard

We were there last year during the day after reading all of the hype here on CC. What a huge disappointment:( There were a couple places open, but no pedestrian traffic at all...boring. After I came back to report on the boards, I was told that the place doesn't usually come alive until after 5:00pm:rolleyes:

We had some lunch, which was overpriced and then walked back to the ship. The walk back was nice, kinda long, but doable.

Wherever you go, bring a bottle or 2 of water, cause it can get very hot and muggy.

We were there last year during the day after reading all of the hype here on CC. What a huge disappointment:( There were a couple places open, but no pedestrian traffic at all...boring. After I came back to report on the boards, I was told that the place doesn't usually come alive until after 5:00pm:rolleyes:

We had some lunch, which was overpriced and then walked back to the ship. The walk back was nice, kinda long, but doable.

Wherever you go, bring a bottle or 2 of water, cause it can get very hot and muggy.

I have to agree!!! After reading all the hype on CC last year, we just had to go to the Fish Fry area. It was just OK, nothing very exciting. We did get some Conch Fritters at one of the restaurants just to say we had them, lol!!! Definitley would not be on the top of my to do list.

It depends on what you like to do. My husband and I ate lunch at Goldie's a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. But we like to find local spots and just sit and relax, have a beer and fresh food and talk with people.

Goldie's:

ry%3D400

It depends on what you like to do. My husband and I ate lunch at Goldie's a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. But we like to find local spots and just sit and relax, have a beer and fresh food and talk with people.

Goldie's:

I agree, it depends on what you are looking for. We went looking for some local cuisine and more of a local view of what is there. We had a great lunch at Oh Andros

IMG_1919.JPG

hit enter to quickly, here are some more

IMG_1920.JPG

Some fried conch, plantain, rice and beans, yum yum!

IMG_1915.JPG

If you are looking for a party atmosphere no, it didn't fit the bill, but it was just what we were looking for, a good meal.

I do agree though bring your water, it gets very hot. My DD and I had lunch and then walked back to port, (after having done the tourist stuff and ardastra gardens) it was very good day.

The more I look at pix and the more I hear it is realy laid back the more I like it.....I have done many cruises and hit many of the hot spots...

Over the past few years I have found that the places I realy remember are the of the beaten path laid back areas with nice people and good food....Let's not forget the cold beer to go with that.....:cool:

It is probably a 30 + minute walk. Very safe as it follows the main road. Just walk past BCH and keep going or take the #10 jitney (1.25 pp )

may take the jitney to save some time, do we just use quaters or do we need some type of token ?

How about just a simple fish & chips type place, maybe with slaw on the side?

The Cricket Club is located near Fort Charlotte... across the street from the Fish Fry. They serve Fish and chips and other British specialties.. The chicken pot pie is delicious..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived