Water on board,but u cant fill ur bottles.

maryjo62

On my first ever cruise,the notice said, u can not fill your water bottles from the water tanks,where the coffee and tea facilities are.

I guess they are worried that some one might put the bottle top up against the spout,and so contaminate it.This makes good sense.

This is why i always bought water,,but some one on board said,that they do it all the time.But i am a stickler for rules and always minded them.

On the other hand, it would get verry dear buying water, if u had a lot of kids on board.I dont know about filling ones bottle at the bathroom basin,i would like to hear if any has done this and was ok.:)

On my first ever cruise,the notice said, u can not fill your water bottles from the water tanks,where the coffee and tea facilities are.

I guess they are worried that some one might put the bottle top up against the spout,and so contaminate it.This makes good sense.

This is why i always bought water,,but some one on board said,that they do it all the time.But i am a stickler for rules and always minded them.

On the other hand, it would get verry dear buying water, if u had a lot of kids on board.I dont know about filling ones bottle at the bathroom basin,i would like to hear if any has done this and was ok.:)

you can fill your bottle at the coffee machine if you do it the right way.....you fill a glass of water and pour it into the bottle...i have caught people filling up their bottles at the coffee machine and if you say something they give you a gobful.....would they do it at home....maybe not

rkmw

we always fill them in the room and stick them in the refrigerator overnight. you can either use a glass to fill them from the sink (most bottles won't fit under the tap), or use the very cold melted icewater from the ice bucket.

Beverly

The water from the bathroom tap is the same water that comes from the dispensers...only it hasn't been 'chilled'...just fill you bottles in the bathroom, and stick them in the fridge or on ice....

All the water on the ship comes from the same source and is used for not only drinking water, but ice, coffee, tea, lemonade, food.....

This sounds like Princess...So I would fill a glass with ice and pour it into the bottle, repeating until full, then add water. But when I was standing waiting to do this, and there was an attendant there, he just took my bottle and filled it directly from the machine! I have a wide mouth bottle and you drink from the lid, remove lid to refill. So my mouth does not touch the lip of the bottle. EM

we either do it in the room or if we do it at the water station we get glasses and then pour into our bottles...

i have seen so many times others put the mouth of their bottle right up to where the water comes out...before i could even "gasp" someone else is telling them not to do it...once i even saw one of the crew take the bottle from the person grab a glass and show them "how":)

Archived