Red cord in the mini suite bathtub

cs4225

Don't pull it unless you had a fall and can't get up. I thought it was a line for hanging things so I kept on pulling at it trying figure out where to connect the loose end. Wife then come pounding on the door and rushes in telling me that someone called to see if their is an emergency in the bathroom. I felt so stupid.

Glad to know that they work. I was wondering if they would come rushing into the cabin and find me in the tub. With the noise of the jets, I figured I wouldn't hear a knock so I made it a point to stay clear of it.

Oh the chords. My dear MIL lived for 3 years in late stage ALZ and absolutely loved the "chord" in the bathroom. Pulled it on every occasion. The bad part was that taught the attendants to ignore the chord call from her room and when she did need help the chord call did not summon it. I think that they call before rushing up to the room because "mistakes" can answer the telephone and real calls might still be in the tub! Don't pull the chord and (if you do) answer the phone:o

My wife just bumped into it once or twice while being romanced by the shower curtain. After that we made a point to hang it out of the way with a little suction cup I had in my travel kit.

It sends an alert to the bridge, which calls to verify the problem. If no answer, someone will be dispatched from Sickbay.

Don't pull it unless you had a fall and can't get up. I thought it was a line for hanging things so I kept on pulling at it trying figure out where to connect the loose end. Wife then come pounding on the door and rushes in telling me that someone called to see if their is an emergency in the bathroom. I felt so stupid.

Did the same exact thing. The room steward came knocking on the door about the time I found the real clothes line!

Accidently pulled the red cord, without knowing it, and I must say that we had a phone call and stewards at our door within seconds before we knew what happend.

Good thing the wife was there to answer the door and they didn't come save me in the shower.....good to know that Princess reacts quick to true emergencies........

ROFL!!! :D

Reminds me of the many times that 4 or 5 of us nurses would all rush into a patient's bathroom to see what the "emergency" was - only to find a very shocked and embarrased person on the Great White Throne wondering why we were there. They didn't realize that they had accidentally pulled the cord next to them!

This will make DH feel much better. Had our first mini suite on the Golden and he saw the red cord and wondered what it was for and pulled it twice!!! Instant phone call. He said I pulled the red cord what's it to, just as the phone rang. I refused to answer it -- I wasn't about to embarass myself (and I kind of figured what it was for). We had a good laugh over it and now know not to pull the red cord. We sure didn't see any sign that said "Emergency", either.

Archived