Is cafe promenade free?

Best sugar free cookies I've ever had..heck all the sugar free desert I've ever had...Yes as one poster already stated the regular coffee is free but the lattes and mochacchinos etc are not.. but are comparible to say Starbucks in price..

Radiance class ships have nothing comparable to the Café Promenade of Voyager and Freedom class ships. The only place, besides the Windjammer, to get casual, between-meal food is in the Seaview Café.

You stand in line, tell the person at the counter what you want, and either someone brings it to you or you go back to the counter to get it.

Some people draw a connection between Johnny Rockets and Seaview.

However you wish to compare, the person who asked wanted to know what was available on the Serenade of the Seas, a Radiance class vessel.

PrincesScuba,

Thanks for the info.

I was asking about the Serenade of the Seas in particular.

I guess we will just have to make do without the cafe.

I cant count the number of times me and my DS have snuck down around midnight or so in our Jammies for a snack...DH never knew.and would always ask...where did these crumbs come from teeheehee

Sort of a silly question, but one thing I love about Carnival that wasn't available on the Mariner of the Seas (in 2003) was the easily dispensed hot chocolate machines that were available. The Mariner of the Seas just had the hot water and you stirred your own hot chocolate from a packet. We're sailing the Liberty of the Seas in January. Do the newer ships have the automatic hot chocolate these days? 99% of you probably think that's sort of an odd question, but we love grabbing a hot chocolate after the show and just visiting, and it seem that the cocoa just tastes better from the machine.

I bet a few of you out there can relate:-)

Sort of a silly question, but one thing I love about Carnival that wasn't available on the Mariner of the Seas (in 2003) was the easily dispensed hot chocolate machines that were available. The Mariner of the Seas just had the hot water and you stirred your own hot chocolate from a packet. We're sailing the Liberty of the Seas in January. Do the newer ships have the automatic hot chocolate these days? 99% of you probably think that's sort of an odd question, but we love grabbing a hot chocolate after the show and just visiting, and it seem that the cocoa just tastes better from the machine.

I bet a few of you out there can relate:-)

It's all in your head. The stuff in the machine is made by a CREW member mixing the powder with hot water for you.

:)

The sandwiches are not made to order. They are already made, and there are about 3 types to choose from. Their cookies are scrumtuous!

Do they have the double chocolat chip cookies like they have on the Radiance? They were indeed to die for. Mmmm, now that I think of it, could be one of the reasons why my pants didn't fit anymore when I went home ;)

Cindy

Is the regular coffee served in Cafe Promenade the same as in the Windjammer? We didn't love the Windjammer coffee & are thinking about bringing some of the Starbucks Via packets. I believe I read that hot water was also available at Cafe Promenade? We are on deck 6, so I'm thinking this will be very handy.

It's all in your head. The stuff in the machine is made by a CREW member mixing the powder with hot water for you.

:)

Not really. It's much more convenient to push a button then it is to stand there, pour a packet, and stir it for a minute...

Is the regular coffee served in Cafe Promenade the same as in the Windjammer? We didn't love the Windjammer coffee & are thinking about bringing some of the Starbucks Via packets. I believe I read that hot water was also available at Cafe Promenade? We are on deck 6, so I'm thinking this will be very handy.

It's Seattle's Best served in the Cafe Prom if I'm not mistaken. A great spot after enjoying the Irish Pub across the way.

It's very delicious...and also a very BIG secret. Many cruisers don't know about it or assume you have to pay...so shhh!!! (don't let the secret get out). It doesn't start getting crowded towards the end of the cruise where everyone starts to find out about it.

Totally agree. First time I was on a ship with it, we made assumptions as well and went 4 days out of 7 before we finally asked for pizza and cookies etc...

Toffee cookes are my favorite with the CChip as second favorite down there.

[quote name='lidopuppy']Sort of a silly question, but one thing I love about Carnival that wasn't available on the Mariner of the Seas (in 2003) was the easily dispensed hot chocolate machines that were available. The Mariner of the Seas just had the hot water and you stirred your own hot chocolate from a packet. We're sailing the Liberty of the Seas in January. Do the newer ships have the automatic hot chocolate these days? 99% of you probably think that's sort of an odd question, but we love grabbing a hot chocolate after the show and just visiting, and it seem that the cocoa just tastes better from the machine.
I bet a few of you out there can relate:-)[/quote]

I actually prefer the packet. I can make it weaker or stronger to taste. Best of all for me is to add a packet to the Seattle's Best coffee from Cafe Promenade for a free mocha.

Archived