Is cafe promenade free?

Hi! We are sailing in mariner of the seas in October 2010. Quick question - is cafe promenade a place you pay or is it free? I had the impression it was mostly cookies and maybe pre-made sandwiches? I thougt it might be fun to take my kids around there if it is a free place to grab a cookie but I don't want to take them to the fee-based places!

Thanks!

Cara

It's very delicious...and also a very BIG secret. Many cruisers don't know about it or assume you have to pay...so shhh!!! (don't let the secret get out). It doesn't start getting crowded towards the end of the cruise where everyone starts to find out about it.

Great place for a late night snack. As a previous poster mentioned, the only thing that you'll have to pay for is the specialty coffee if desired.

I just got off the Mariner on Sunday, June 27th.

I loved the Café Promenade! No charge there except for specialty coffee and drinks. The Café Promenade had pizza slices, sandwiches (enjoyed the ham & cheese croissant) slices of cake, brownies and a variety of cookies. I enjoyed the self serve coffee (no charge). There is also hot water for tea and hot chocolate. It's a great place to sit, chat and people watch.

The food in the dining room was wonderful. Many people enjoyed the huge salad bar in the dining room at lunch time.

ooohhh! I cannot wait to experience this for myself! I am sailing FOTS in a couple of months, and the more I read - the more excited I am getting!

Everyone tells me that this will feel like my first cruise with Royal since all of my other Royal cruises have been with Sovereign class ships only.

This is going to be so much fun!!!

The sandwiches are not made to order. They are already made, and there are about 3 types to choose from. Their cookies are scrumtuous!

This is the venue that has the roast beef sammys I keep reading about right??? I hear they are "great", "fantastic", "awesome"!!! Can't wait to try them myself.

The shrimp salad sammies are the best, but those darned coconut ranger cookes are my downfall - no way I can walk past without stopping for one (or maybe two). They only bring them out at lunchtime (and after) which I found out the hard way when I tried to snag some before disembarking once. Was hoping for one last "fix" before getting off the ship, but they only had breakfast pastries available - now I know to grab some the night before.

This is the venue that has the roast beef sammys I keep reading about right??? I hear they are "great", "fantastic", "awesome"!!! Can't wait to try them myself.

That's on the Oasis of the Seas.

Is this available on the serenade of the seas????

Thanks,

Serenade (and all Radiance class ships) have a Seaview Cafe. No Promenade Café - they don't have a promenade! ;)

The Seaview Café has much more limited hours.

Specialty coffee was extra money, but the sandwiches and cookies and/or desserts were FREE!!!!!!!! Sandwiches were ok, and snack size, however, they were perfect for snacks late at night and they gave you as many as you wanted, so it didn't matter. The cookies, were awesome and was always a favorite stop all day.

The pizza shop nearby was also free, and the pizza's were not bad either. Both places were a nice place to snack late at night and was a very popular stop for the teenagers.

Serenade (and all Radiance class ships) have a Seaview Cafe. No Promenade Café - they don't have a promenade! ;)

From my understanding, the Seaview cafe is more of a sit down and order place - so I don't think it is anything like the Promenade Cafe where everything was in a glass case and you just told them what you wanted ... (I "wanted" 1 of everything! :D)

Can someone PLEASE tell me if the Latitudes Coffee Shop on Radiance is anything like the Promenade Cafe?

Thanks for the clarification! I'm booked on the Allure for next year. I'm hoping it too will have these "practically famous" sammys! :D

From my understanding' date=' the Seaview cafe is more of a sit down and order place - so I don't think it is anything like the Promenade Cafe where everything was in a glass case and you just told them what you wanted ... (I "wanted" 1 of everything! :D)

Can someone PLEASE tell me if the Latitudes Coffee Shop on Radiance is anything like the Promenade Cafe?[/quote']

Radiance class ships have nothing comparable to the Café Promenade of Voyager and Freedom class ships. The only place, besides the Windjammer, to get casual, between-meal food is in the Seaview Café.

You stand in line, tell the person at the counter what you want, and either someone brings it to you or you go back to the counter to get it.

Some people draw a connection between Johnny Rockets and Seaview.

However you wish to compare, the person who asked wanted to know what was available on the Serenade of the Seas, a Radiance class vessel.

I LOVED that cafe on EOS (2004) ... It was much more than cookies. Lots of delicious European style sandwiches and pastries (SO GOOD!!)

I will miss it on the Radiance ... hoping the Latitudes coffee bar is similar.

From my understanding' date=' the Seaview cafe is more of a sit down and order place - so I don't think it is anything like the Promenade Cafe where everything was in a glass case and you just told them what you wanted ... (I "wanted" 1 of everything! :D)

Can someone PLEASE tell me if the Latitudes Coffee Shop on Radiance is anything like the Promenade Cafe?[/quote']

The Latitudes is a nice spot to relax with spectacular window views. However, there are only sweets that are served for free and specialty coffees for charge. No pizza, sandwiches, ect. :( One thing I wish they would serve in Latitudes is free coffee to go along with those sweets to make it a true coffee spot. Free coffee could be found in the Windjammer.

Cafe Promenade is a good choice for a quick breakfast -- great pastries and Danish.

Also, when you board, if the Lido deck 11 buffet is too crowded or you have early dining, you might head to Cafe Promenade. It won't be crowded, and you won't be too stuffed if you have early dining.

Archived