Raiatea - inland or Tahaa Excursion Bleue

happycdn

Bruno's email address is: tpt@mail.pf

His website is: http://www.tahaa.net/?p=-1

We loved our time with Bruno!

Ditto on that from me! Also, I found Bruno quickly responsive to contacting him through either his website or by his email. You can also check out his facebook page. He has gorgeous photos that are an exact representation of the real thing. Our group is in the Dec 5 photo album. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=517977996#!/pages/lexcursion-bleue/152822712779

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our port call in Raiatea isn't long enough to do L'excursion Bleu with Bruno, so I plan to ask him if it's possible to do a shorter trip. If so, I'd like to include only those aspects of the tour that are of don't miss quality. I'd love any opinions on what you thought were the best. Coral garden snorkeling? Vanilla farm? Pearl farm? Lagoonarium? If you had to make choices, what would you definitely keep?

Our port call in Raiatea isn't long enough to do L'excursion Bleu with Bruno, so I plan to ask him if it's possible to do a shorter trip. If so, I'd like to include only those aspects of the tour that are of don't miss quality. I'd love any opinions on what you thought were the best. Coral garden snorkeling? Vanilla farm? Pearl farm? Lagoonarium? If you had to make choices, what would you definitely keep?

The coral gardens was the highlight by far! The lagoonarium is just a few small netted areas aside the beach where we stopped for lunch..actually a bit rustic or junky depending on your take. The pearl farm and vanilla farm were no different than other ones you would see on other island stops so those could be cut out too if needed. Definitely don't miss the coral garden as it was the best snorkeling of the whole trip. The coral was in blooms of many colours and the fish were spectacular.

The coral gardens was the highlight by far ....

Definitely don't miss the coral garden as it was the best snorkeling of the whole trip. The coral was in blooms of many colours and the fish were spectacular.

Thanks Banditoo. I had another peek at your Shutterfly blog to refresh my memory. And coral gardens it is! I hope Bruno will be able to do a shorter half-day tour for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Coral garden, and believe it or not, the vanilla farm. Why? (I forgot the lady's name), but she was so warm and welcoming, offerred her HOUSE and her BATHROOM for us--gave us an informative talk on the vanilla beans, and had refreshments set up for us including a Tahitian flower centerpiece. We were at a vanilla farm 10 yrs ago, and boy am I mad I didn't bring my camera to this one. The spread they set out for us, including flowers, water, juice, coconut, fruit--let me tell you--hospitality plus. I wasn't too hot at first about the farm b/c of the one we went to yrs ago--it was nothing like this--but what I will remember is the coral garden and that dam& vanilla farm b/c of the lady (she was a nurse in Virginia Beach then went back to Tahiti) and her hospitality. And oh yes, the vanilla beans I bought. GO. It's not as boring as it sounds. I was more than pleasantly surprised---.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Banditoo. I had another peek at your Shutterfly blog to refresh my memory. And coral gardens it is! I hope Bruno will be able to do a shorter half-day tour for us.

I think you are about ready to leave, aren't you? Did you even find out from Bruno whether he would do a 1/2 day tour to the coral gardens and vanilla farm (although we have seen this in The Seychelles) Did he give you a price? As I posted earlier today, i can't find anything out on his website--I wrote to him--so may have to wait. I want to do the motu picnic with the PG so wouldn't need the picnic with Bruno.

Did you even find out from Bruno whether he would do a 1/2 day tour to the coral gardens and vanilla farm ...
Hi Gerena. Bruno was very helpful in responding to me. He presented a couple of options for the coral gardens and reef during our short port stay. I posted details in the RC for our 7-nite Societies cruise. But alas, I'm on the RC alone so no takers!

Hi Gerena. Bruno was very helpful in responding to me. He presented a couple of options for the coral gardens and reef during our short port stay. I posted details in the RC for our 7-nite Societies cruise. But alas, I'm on the RC alone so no takers!

Got all excited with the possibilities you mentioned, so I looked it up---guess I can't have my cake and eat it too!!! Want to do the Motu Mahana PG picnic and the Bruno excursion is in the afternoon. I was hoping it would be in the morning. Also I read that the best snorkeling is in the AM. So---unless he wold be willing to switch, I guess that is out.

Why am I upset when it will be better than what we woke up to this AM---snow!!!

...consider Bruno's tour while visiting.

I have a link below (Picasa photo storage site), if interested, that will give you an idea picture-wise of the tour. Just open the link and scroll down to the Raiatea folder.

Regardless of your chioce, have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Bob: I loved your underwater pictures of the coral garden in Tahaa, would you mind telling me what kind of camera you used as I am looking for one for our upcoming trip to FP. Thanks.

I checked out your Raiatea pictures Bob, very nice, thanks for sharing them. As I have time I plan on looking at others you have.

I'm starting research early for 2012 trip. At this point I'm looking at options. I've been in contact with Bruno and am leaning heavily towards booking him. I haven't seen any operators or tours that go inland. Does anyone have any information on those. I've see West Coast Charters & Tane Catamaran for Tahaa tours.

Looking forward to a return to paradise.

We absolutely vote for Bruno, and he will show you how to prevent scraping against the coral. He has a lodge (Fare) on Tahaa, so you can probably contact him for information on inland tours.

When we joined Bruno's tour, there were only four of us, plus a couple he picked up from the lodge he runs...so perhaps he would offer you a tour with people from another venue?

When we joined Bruno's tour, there were only four of us, plus a couple he picked up from the lodge he runs...so perhaps he would offer you a tour with people from another venue?
Thanks Skinny. I'm in regular contact with Bruno and nobody is signed up with him for our dates. I'll continue to check with him until we depart, but time is short and it's not looking promising. I appreciate the tip nonetheless.

Bob: I loved your underwater pictures of the coral garden in Tahaa, would you mind telling me what kind of camera you used as I am looking for one for our upcoming trip to FP. Thanks.

Canon D10's. The cameras cost around $250 each on Amazon. I bought one each for both my wife & daughter.

They love their D10's for snorkel trips, wet situations (e.g., rainny hikes, fishing trips and beaches) and also everyday use.

Have a Great Cruise!

Canon D10's. The cameras cost around $250 each on Amazon. I bought one each for both my wife & daughter.

They love their D10's for snorkel trips, wet situations (e.g., rainny hikes, fishing trips and beaches) and also everyday use.

Have a Great Cruise!

That is the same camera Bruno uses for his underwater shots which you can see on the facebook page.

That is the same camera Bruno uses for his underwater shots which you can see on the facebook page.

Bruno recently got an Olympus in fact he used it first time on my tour however I think he did have a Cannon. I have the Cannon and he made the comment that he really liked the Cannon and he has a hard time getting cameras there but somehow he ended up with the Olympus this time and I guess he just wanted to give one a try.

Prescott Bob,

I know this is the Pacific Islands section, but I have to tell you how much I have just enjoyed your Antarctica pix. Brings back such wonderful memories of our 3 days there. Absolutely beautiful. We thought Glacier Bay in Alaska was the most beautiful spot--until Antarctica.

I hope I won't be too disappointed in my Olympus 6020 I just bought. It is strictly for the underwater pix as I have another one for the other shots. I love Canon, but they don't make a small one--and no one does that has an optical viewfinder.

Bruno recently got an Olympus in fact he used it first time on my tour however I think he did have a Cannon. I have the Cannon and he made the comment that he really liked the Cannon and he has a hard time getting cameras there but somehow he ended up with the Olympus this time and I guess he just wanted to give one a try.

On our tour the same day as you--he had just received the camera--it came from the ship.

Nancy:D:D

Archived