any one tried the pre order cups cakes that you get sent to your room?

has anyone gotten the cupcakes that you pre order before you go.

if so how were they, and which flavor is the best since I like both flavors I want to know if they were worth it to buy one or both?

thanks

Delicious Cupcakes $14.95 USDItem# 119 - Red Velvet Cupcakes

Item# 120 - Vanilla Little Cupcakes

4 delicious cupcakes to enjoy in the comfort of your stateroom with your loved ones

Funny story about those cupcakes.....we cruised on the Radiance last November, 5 night Baja cruise, stopping in Ensenada and Cabo. I didn't know it, but my TA had ordered the Red Velvet cupcakes for my birthday, which was the second day of the cruise (Ensenada). That afternoon we got a message on our cabin phone, saying the cupcakes were not received and did we want to choose something else or have our account credited? I went down to GR to try to have them credit it back to my TA, since she was the one that ordered them but they said they couldn't do that, so I just told them to credit our account.

Fast forward 2 days to Cabo......we get back on the ship and there is a phone message saying they now have the cupcakes as they were flown down to Cabo and they were going to deliver them to our cabin. DH and I had visions of that little clamshell of cupcakes strapped in to a seat on the plane, being flown to meet up with the ship in Cabo.

BTW, they were very tasty.

I tried on the Navigator in April. When I arrived , there was a note in my cabin saying they were sorry but no cupcakes were available, so they took it upon themselves to substitute chocolate strawberries. The problem was the cupcakes were for my kids, one of whom hates strawberries.:eek:

Oh well, no biggie. Maybe that's why my next cruise is on Freedom, which will have a cupcake shop bt the time I sail on her. I'll get my cupcakes one way or another!!:D

Of course this is only my opinion but there is so much food available on the ship, that I would not pay for cupcakes to be delivered to the room.

Well, you don't have to, do you? ;) But it's like the specialty restaurants--there as an extra option for those who want something different.

I got the Red Velvet cupcakes as a treat for my BF when we went on Majesty because they are his favorite--you can't find them in the WJ or MDR, even with "so much food available." I was imagining them coming on a fancy plate, but they were frozen in a plastic container that got the bed all wet as they defrosted. :eek: They were ok, but not great. I probably would not get those specific cupcakes again, but wouldn't hesitate to order something to the room as a special treat.

Phoenix, I had the cupcakes from the shop on Oasis and those are AMAZING! So worth the money. I wish those were fleet-wide.

Wow . . . at four cupcakes for $15, If I wanted them, I'd bring my own onboard, especially since one poster says they're frozen. Okay, I wouldn't . . . I'd eat whatever's in the Windjammer and be perfectly happy with it. I guess I'm not the target market for this product.

Although I'm Southern, Red Velvet isn't a big favorite of mine. I like plain chocolate much better; Red Velvet has a bit of a bitter twang.

Well, you don't have to, do you? ;) But it's like the specialty restaurants--there as an extra option for those who want something different.

I got the Red Velvet cupcakes as a treat for my BF when we went on Majesty because they are his favorite--you can't find them in the WJ or MDR, even with "so much food available." I was imagining them coming on a fancy plate, but they were frozen in a plastic container that got the bed all wet as they defrosted. :eek: They were ok, but not great. I probably would not get those specific cupcakes again, but wouldn't hesitate to order something to the room as a special treat.

Phoenix, I had the cupcakes from the shop on Oasis and those are AMAZING! So worth the money. I wish those were fleet-wide.

LOL

Gotta admit, I am not an experienced Royal cruiser, but I'm lost on this one.

cupcakes you pay for that are froozen????? Like the ones at the Walmart Bakery area that I've bought for kids school parties?

The red velvet cupcakes were delivered to our room on the afternoon of our first day. We did not order them but there was a card that said compliments of the C&A Society. Ours came thawed :D and my husband said they were good, I don't like chocolate so never tried them! Would not pay $15.00 for them!

Sherri:)

LOL

Gotta admit, I am not an experienced Royal cruiser, but I'm lost on this one.

cupcakes you pay for that are froozen????? Like the ones at the Walmart Bakery area that I've bought for kids school parties?

I would say the Walmart cupcakes are better. ;)

Mine were frozen. Rock hard. They were good when they thawed out, but yeah, I was surprised. I was expecting fresh--I'm naive that way! :o

I would say the Walmart cupcakes are better. ;)

Mine were frozen. Rock hard. They were good when they thawed out, but yeah, I was surprised. I was expecting fresh--I'm naive that way! :o

I get the picture- I feel confident I won't be missing anything by skipping this one:p

I ordered them for my sister and BIL for their honeymoon cruise (actually ordered the vanilla ones)... they said they were good.

I wasn't sure if they would want strawberries, or champagne... so I went with cupcakes...

If anyone reading this is planning to send me a gift, please make mine champagne!

Seriously, I'm sort of with clochette on this. I just don't get ordering food like that (cupcakesm chocolate dipped strawberries etc. )when you are on a ship full of food. The speciality restaurants I can see, a bit more, because that involves maybe a higher level of service and higher quality foods...then again I'm not a big cupcake fan so maybe that explains my lack of enthusiasm.

• 5 weeks later...

I like ordering something ahead of time to have waiting in the cabin for us when we arrive. I realize there's a ton of food on the ship, but it's such a great way to start off vacation to walk into the cabin and see some goodies (even i had to pay extra!)

I did order these as a surprise for my husband on our last cruise. They were really very good. It was a sweet treat, and delivered chilled. We liked that. We kept the extras in the fridge for later. They also had a little bit of a chocolate fudge filling. . . I want one now!:) Yes, among other things, I now cruise for the cupcakes!

The red velvet cupcakes were delivered to our room on the afternoon of our first day. We did not order them but there was a card that said compliments of the C&A Society. Ours came thawed :D and my husband said they were good, I don't like chocolate so never tried them! Would not pay $15.00 for them!

Sherri:)

you must be one of those Platinum/Diamond cruisers I've heard about-- I'f you're on the Mariner Halloween cruise, I'll take any unwanted treats!

Which class of ships are the cupcakes available?

You can order them pre-cruise in the "gifts and gear" menu, listed under "scrumptious treats." I'm remembering butter cream frosting, but I could be wrong. I don't think I'd ever be sorry if someone surprised me with cupcakes, but that's just me.:rolleyes:

Of course this is only my opinion but there is so much food available on the ship, that I would not pay for cupcakes to be delivered to the room.

This reminds me of the cruise we took that I bought the Birthday Cake package. It was served at MDR where my wife and I had a table with just the two of us. (Don't normally do that) We both ate a piece and took 3/4 of the cake back to the cabin. My wife only ate one more piece and the rest was put in the garbbage.

To your point so much food available that we were never hungry when we got back

I just ordered these for my sons- we are sailing this Sunday. I'll let you know :). I also ordered my daughters the fruit and cheese plate and my DH and I should have 2 bottles of wine in the room when we arrive.

I just wanted something in their cabins to welcome them- our oldest DD has never cruised before and it has been 6 years since the rest of us have sailed. I'm hoping they get a kick out of the gesture... worth the $$ to put a smile on their faces:)

Archived