Heart-Broken, Sad, Exhausted, and Thankful

Warm Breezes

We drove to NY Friday for our Carnival Glory Cruise. Within an hour of arriving we received news that my DGM passed away (Heart-broken). We decided we needed to be with family, so we cancellled the cruise (sad) and drove back home yesterday (exhausted). Luckily I had travel insurance (thankful) which made the decision to come home easier.

We drove to NY Friday for our Carnival Glory Cruise. Within an hour of arriving we received news that my DGM passed away (Heart-broken). We decided we needed to be with family, so we cancellled the cruise (sad) and drove back home yesterday (exhausted). Luckily I had travel insurance (thankful) which made the decision to come home easier.

Very sorry for you loss. Glad you arrived home safely.

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting your experience as hopefully others will see how important trip insurance can be; it isn't often discussed from your position - where having it makes it easier to make a decision to cancel.

Sorry to hear of your loss. This past Nov. my 3 daughters and I were 3 days into our cruise when we got word my mother-in-law died. We left the ship in Belize and flew home. Thank goodness we had insurance. Tickets to fly home from Belize were 720.00 each!

With sympathy. Hope your happy memories will give you comfort.

Archived