Internet Charges?

We will be taking our first Regent cruise on the Voyager in November. I am interested in knowing what the charges are for internet usage on board. Other lines on which we've sailed have sold packages of minutes. Does Regent do this as well?

ANN,

Love, Love, Loved your website - I didn’t even get to hear the whole song because I wanted to go back and respond to your question. But - please where did you ever get all the music and etc... anyway get stuff. Actually reminded me of my dad who passed away many yrs ago but he sang that song in Italian. I’m going to have to start learning more about the internet.

Here’s the pricing that I’ve learned about for the internet.

PRICING

Time Plan #1: $0.45 per minute - 100 minutes for $45.00

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 250 minutes for $87.50

Time Plan #3: $0.25 per minute - 800 minutes for $200.00

Pay As You Go: $0.75 per minute

Sharon :cool:

ANN,

Love, Love, Loved your website - I didn’t even get to hear the whole song because I wanted to go back and respond to your question. But - please where did you ever get all the music and etc... anyway get stuff. Actually reminded me of my dad who passed away many yrs ago but he sang that song in Italian. I’m going to have to start learning more about the internet.

Here’s the pricing that I’ve learned about for the internet.

PRICING

Time Plan #1: $0.45 per minute - 100 minutes for $45.00

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 250 minutes for $87.50

Time Plan #3: $0.25 per minute - 800 minutes for $200.00

Pay As You Go: $0.75 per minute

Sharon :cool:

Thank you for the information about the internet, Sharon.

As for the music on the website, I uploaded it from iTunes. My daughter, who is much more computer savvy than I am, helped me create the website for our Princess group. The photos are ones that my husband and I have taken on previous voyages which I then uploaded. We have a very large group cruising next year and working on the website has made me learn how to do things on a computer I never would have otherwise and it keeps my brain exercised ( a good thing I think :)).

How fast is the WiFi connection on Navigator? I'm traveling on Navigator in 2 weeks and my only previous experience with web speeds at sea is with Crystal. Crystal's upload and download speeds were about as good as dial-up. (Not very fast.) Is Regent any quicker?

How fast is the WiFi connection on Navigator? I'm traveling on Navigator in 2 weeks and my only previous experience with web speeds at sea is with Crystal. Crystal's upload and download speeds were about as good as dial-up. (Not very fast.) Is Regent any quicker?

We were on Navigator in April-May, and found the wi-fi speeds to be comparable or somewhat faster than dialup but much slower than the slowest DSL. I bought the 100 minute package and that was just barely enough to check two email accounts (via iPhone wi-fi) once a day on a 10-night cruise. I had to manage the minutes rather closely, for example compose outgoing email while offline, sign on and send the batch, then sign off ASAP. I saved about 15 minutes to print airline boarding passes in the computer center the final night, and needed all 15 minutes. Be sure when you sign up to read the whole screen and note the somewhat complicated instructions for logging out of your account after each session.

We were on the Navigator in May. There was one port where we did not receive any internet access. On the day we went to Hubbard Glaciar, there was no internet for approximately 4 hours. If you are sending email, it is a good idea to type it in Word first -- then copy and paste it into the email. This is from my experience of losing emails over and over again when onboard a ship. It is simply a matter of where the ship is located and whether or not it can pick up the signal.

It depends on where you are in the world and how many people are on it at one time. Strangely it worked pretty well in the Pacific but in the Atlantic you were lucky to get text in an e-mail out.

Be careful you can rack up a lot of minutes trying to download an e-mail if the connection keeps dropping out. We love the free internet when you reach silver we just wish the speeds were not so low.

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what I thought. I have to run a business while on the ship which means checking e-mail at least 4-5 times a day. My bill on Crystal, for internet services, for a 15 day cruise was about $300-$500. So I guess it should be about half that on Regent. (7 day cruise.)

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what I thought. I have to run a business while on the ship which means checking e-mail at least 4-5 times a day. My bill on Crystal, for internet services, for a 15 day cruise was about $300-$500. So I guess it should be about half that on Regent. (7 day cruise.)

If you *really* must check email several times a day, beware. Email is often inaccessible for periods of a day or so. I am not certain that the fault is Regent's. In one recent case the internet service provider was doing maintenance. In other cases the ship is positioned in such a way (say in fjords, etc.) that satellite signals cannot be sent and/or received.

I have had fairly good luck with Regent internet. However, if it is truly imperative that you check email several times a day, every day, for business, you might want to rethink your plans (or make contingency arrangements).

If you *really* must check email several times a day, beware. Email is often inaccessible for periods of a day or so. I am not certain that the fault is Regent's. In one recent case the internet service provider was doing maintenance. In other cases the ship is positioned in such a way (say in fjords, etc.) that satellite signals cannot be sent and/or received.

I have had fairly good luck with Regent internet. However, if it is truly imperative that you check email several times a day, every day, for business, you might want to rethink your plans (or make contingency arrangements).

Thanks for the reply. I am used to cruise ship satellite outages. I can deal with that.

My main question is, can you get the WiFi signal in most staterooms?

Thanks for the reply. I am used to cruise ship satellite outages. I can deal with that.

My main question is, can you get the WiFi signal in most staterooms?

I too say "yes," though I have hardly occupied "most staterooms." At the same time, I found that everything was quicker when I used the computers in the Internet Center and did not use WiFi from my cabin.

Just off the Navigator yesterday.

The wifi was available almost over the entire ship. The have wireless access points in most of the hallways including the stateroom areas.

Speed varies greatly. Some times really slow and sometimes really really slow. For email, I would recommend downloading your email messages, disconnecting, composing your replies offline, then reconnecting to send them.

Your onboard credit can be used towards the wifi and each time you log on to the system, it shows how many minutes you have left on your prepaid package.

It would be better if they charged by bandwidth used instead of minutes, but the minute plan is probably easier for them to track.

;)would anyone tell me , if the wifi doesnt work well on board, are there internet cafes in any of the Baltic 12 day cruise with voyager on 28th.

stockholm, st.persburg,tallin,visby,oslo, cpn, helsinki, amsterdam and approx. rate

the prices for the internet would be fine on board if it worked at a good speed.:)

Archived