Dining in BLU

cheryl20772

Hey guys, i posted a question relating to flex dining and aqua class a couple of weeks ago. The response i received was as has been posted at the start of the thread. As a result i contacted Celebrity, they assured me this is not true. I am confused with their reply as i do believe the folks who have finished the cruise, would in fact, know what they are talking about. So, if I am in Aqua class and want a flexible dining schedule, i should book a late seat and the flexibility will work itself out by virtue of Blu being flexible in its seating to begin with?

PLSK,

What we generally do is request main or late sitting initially for Blu on our reservation. DON'T CHOOSE SELECT DINING or you will end up in the main dining room. When you get on the ship, go see the Maitre D' in Blu and tell him or her when you really would like to dine and they will accommodate you. We tell the Maitre D' at the end of each evening meal about what time we expect to be back for the following evening if you have a certain table you would like otherwise just give them an approximate idea. They will take care of you. Even if you don't say anything, they work it out. For us, letting them know in advance worked like a charm. Hope that helps.

Phil

Just pick a time for dining... as stated, don't choose "select" dining.

The time you pick for eating on your reservation when buying your Aquaclass ticket, will be the time you reserve for the first night.

When you dine in BLU, you don't have to say when you want to eat... just show up anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM and you will be seated very quickly. BUT, if you want a reserved time and table, that can be arranged with the Maitre d' ahead of time.

Hey guys, i posted a question relating to flex dining and aqua class a couple of weeks ago. The response i received was as has been posted at the start of the thread. As a result i contacted Celebrity, they assured me this is not true. I am confused with their reply as i do believe the folks who have finished the cruise, would in fact, know what they are talking about. So, if I am in Aqua class and want a flexible dining schedule, i should book a late seat and the flexibility will work itself out by virtue of Blu being flexible in its seating to begin with?

Yes. You've got it nailed down just right!

Each morning when the steward tidies up the room, the pitcher tray will be restocked with two bottles of water, the ice bucket will be refreshed, and the pitcher will be filled with fresh herbal tea. It's was only stocked once a day in the morning when we were on Solstice. We didn't use the bottled water until our first time ashore; so we just put the bottles from the first day in the mini fridge. By the next day we had 4 bottles; so took out the two in the fridge for use and put the 2 new bottles in there for the next time we needed some. We didn't use the water every day and at the end of our cruise we had 4 to carry home. Our bottles were clear colorless plastic with pink caps and this is what the label says:

water-bottle-label.jpg

We had plenty of water, and I'd be willing to wager that our steward would have been happy to give us some extra if requested.

Thanks so much!

Same here, we're only doing one specialty, I like to do it on the first night, usually not crowded.....

I don't know if this is still the case, but on our two AQ cruises last year, they served the filet mignon in Blu on the first night. This dish was as good or better than our filet in Tuscan Grille.

If anyone likes a great filet, and was thinking of booking Tuscan Grille for that, it might be worth your while to check to see if they still serve this in Blu on the first night.

I think someone has posted the Blu menus recently, but I'm sorry, I did not bookmark the post.

I don't know if this is still the case, but on our two AQ cruises last year, they served the filet mignon in Blu on the first night. This dish was as good or better than our filet in Tuscan Grille.

If anyone likes a great filet, and was thinking of booking Tuscan Grille for that, it might be worth your while to check to see if they still serve this in Blu on the first night.

I think someone has posted the Blu menus recently, but I'm sorry, I did not bookmark the post.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find them, the ones I saw had pictures...May make that change...

Ya'll are killing me here:D:):D so...filet on the first night and I really

need to think about cancelling my other reservations too.;)

Lois, we've been on three cruises in Blu. I definitely would keep the Murano's reservation, the food is top notch. We've never booked Tuscon Grill as the menu didn't appeal to us.

You will love Blu, I can't say enough about it, but Murano's is a special experience.

Hope this helps!!!!!

Lois, we've been on three cruises in Blu. I definitely would keep the Murano's reservation, the food is top notch. We've never booked Tuscon Grill as the menu didn't appeal to us.

You will love Blu, I can't say enough about it, but Murano's is a special experience.

Hope this helps!!!!!

Hi,:) I have eaten in Murano's quite a few times before so I know

how good the food is there:D and I ate in Tuscan Grille but that

was back in 2008:eek:

I have some time to decide though.:)

Hi,:) I have eaten in Murano's quite a few times before so I know

how good the food is there:D and I ate in Tuscan Grille but that

was back in 2008:eek:

I have some time to decide though.:)

Whatever you chose, you can't go wrong. Have a great time.!!!!:)

Just pick a time for dining... as stated, don't choose "select" dining.

The time you pick for eating on your reservation when buying your Aquaclass ticket, will be the time you reserve for the first night.

When you dine in BLU, you don't have to say when you want to eat... just show up anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM and you will be seated very quickly. BUT, if you want a reserved time and table, that can be arranged with the Maitre d' ahead of time.

This is not what my TA was told by Celebrity last week. I asked her to recheck due to these postings and she said Celebrity said "the boards are wrong - you can pick select dining and eat in Blu if you are in AQ" So the confusion continues ... at least in my mind!

Each morning when the steward tidies up the room, the pitcher tray will be restocked with two bottles of water, the ice bucket will be refreshed, and the pitcher will be filled with fresh herbal tea. It's was only stocked once a day in the morning when we were on Solstice. We didn't use the bottled water until our first time ashore; so we just put the bottles from the first day in the mini fridge. By the next day we had 4 bottles; so took out the two in the fridge for use and put the 2 new bottles in there for the next time we needed some. We didn't use the water every day and at the end of our cruise we had 4 to carry home. Our bottles were clear colorless plastic with pink caps and this is what the label says:

water-bottle-label.jpg

We had plenty of water, and I'd be willing to wager that our steward would have been happy to give us some extra if requested.

Thank you Cheryl for posting this label. I was wondering how many ounces the free bottle of water would be. Is the iced tea pre-sweetened? I am not a big tea drinker and drink at least a liter of water a day...hope we have an accomodating steward...

Thank you Cheryl for posting this label. I was wondering how many ounces the free bottle of water would be. Is the iced tea pre-sweetened? I am not a big tea drinker and drink at least a liter of water a day...hope we have an accomodating steward...

No sweetener in the tea. It's herbal tea and comes in a different flavor each day. You can have the steward leave sweetener if you wanted to add some.

This is not what my TA was told by Celebrity last week. I asked her to recheck due to these postings and she said Celebrity said "the boards are wrong - you can pick select dining and eat in Blu if you are in AQ" So the confusion continues ... at least in my mind!

Call her back and tell her its been two years and she should get her facts straight! Once you pick Select Dining you are moved out of Blu into the MDR at any time you want, and you will have to make a reservation for Blu.

All I drink is water during the day and told our stateroom attendant that. He provided as many as 6 of these small bottles a day. He brought at least two every time he serviced the room or stopped by. It was great! :)

A question from a Blu newbie - in the MDR we always request a larrge table because we really enjoy meeting new people. Can we do the same when we go to Blu or all the tables smaller to keep it a more intimate experience? Thanks for your insights! I have really learned alot from you guys.

A question from a Blu newbie - in the MDR we always request a larrge table because we really enjoy meeting new people. Can we do the same when we go to Blu or all the tables smaller to keep it a more intimate experience? Thanks for your insights! I have really learned alot from you guys.

Most of the tables in Blu are for two. There are a few larger available for groups, but IMO these are held for folks that come in together and need a large table. As far as I could tell, they do not seat people in random groups unless requested by everyone in a specific group. A long way to answer your question, but no.

What sptrout said is true but many of the two tops are located very close together so you have the option of talking to people on either side of you or keeping your conversation private....you should be able to meet people that way too...

My dining is late seating for concierge class. I decided to switch to AQ. Will my late dining request mean that I can go into BLU anytime between 8:30-9:30 as posted? If so, I don't need reservations, as this time will suit me. Also, since BLU is only for AQ, I assume they will check your seapass or verify somehow? So, even if your TA picks select dining, how can they make you go into the MDR and not allow you into BLU when you are paying for the AQ class? Did I misread? Any info for a first timer AQ would be welcomed.

My dining is late seating for concierge class. I decided to switch to AQ. Will my late dining request mean that I can go into BLU anytime between 8:30-9:30 as posted? If so, I don't need reservations, as this time will suit me. Also, since BLU is only for AQ, I assume they will check your seapass or verify somehow? So, even if your TA picks select dining, how can they make you go into the MDR and not allow you into BLU when you are paying for the AQ class? Did I misread? Any info for a first timer AQ would be welcomed.

Your late dining request means that you will be able to eat in Blu at whatever time you like, I know when I was on Solstive in Januray they wanted to know if you were going to be coming between 6:30 - 7:30 as that is the busiest time but by 8:30 you should be fine. I know it is confusing about the Select Dining thing but don't sign up for it as you may well have a problem eating in Blu. It's just the way it's set up and I think they use the seats that those in AQ who've picked Select Dining for suite guests who request to eat in Blu. That's all supposition on my part but I don't know how else they would be able to allow suite guests to dine there, and they can if there are available seats and they pay the $5.00PP cover charge. Anyway if you are set up for Late dining you will be eating in Blu. I know all other Select Dining guests have that imprinted on their Seapass card, so assume the same would be true for AQ class guests, which is how they would know you are eating in MDR and not Blu....

Archived