Millenium CS Suite

Okay, so I bit the bullet and got a Millenium CS Suite for the Oct. 22 Caribbean cruise (leaving San Juan). It's extravagant but, if figure, you only live once. Anyone have any experience with the CS level suites? Are they really as spacious and comfortable as they look? Thanks

Okay, so I bit the bullet and got a Millenium CS Suite for the Oct. 22 Caribbean cruise (leaving San Juan). It's extravagant but, if figure, you only live once. Anyone have any experience with the CS level suites? Are they really as spacious and comfortable as they look? Thanks

Yes.

The only issue some folks have is that the CS doesn't have an exterior balcony open to the outside. But the layout, and expansive floor to ceiling wrap around windows more than make up for that; and in my opinion, makes it more comfortable because when it's windy you're shielded.

You'll enjoy it!

It 's a wonderful suite and yes, just as spacious and comfortable as they look. We loved it. Make sure you go to the Olympic specialty restaurant at least once during your cruise, it's wonderful too!!!:D

Thanks everyone; any other perks that come with these?

Well of course you get the butler....have him serve dinner one night...that's always fun...he will do it course by course just like in the MDR...

We didn't care for the afternoon canapes they bring around 4PM so we asked him for shrimp cocktails and that's what he brought each day....also had our Spanish coffees waiting for us after dinner each night...very nice...

Enjoy the suite...you will feel very spoiled!

we got 9098 ... anyone know anything about that cabin?

9098 is a nice cabin, but you will have the window washing equiptment outside and there will be some noise from above. If you can get one of the "forward" facing cabins on a lower deck, you would be happier. :)

The window washing equipment is only near the last of the big windows...not a problem..at least it wasn't for us. Most of the time we kept that shade down anyway as it provided more privacy from the adjoining balcony staterooms.

The noise from above is usually negligible unless you are a REALLY, REALLY light sleeper.

The only reason I would look for a move would be if one of the CS on deck 6 is open. That's the same deck as all the Royal and Penthouse Suites and they naturally have the best butlers on that deck....other than that you should be fine.

From photos taken of the exterior, it seems deck 6 CS has a view with lifeboats being quite prominent in the visual field, though not obstructing it.

I do concur with the possibility of having the highest rated butler, but then CS cabins are so far from the PH and RS, would the best butler serve these cabins ( they would be cabin 11 and 12 counting from the PH ) ? Or, are these two cabins, and the rest of the CS, being served by other butlers?

Does anyone know how many cabins are assigned to each butler?

SIL & BIL stayed in one when we did the canal on Sumitt. Their suite was a lifesaver as the humidity was "hit you in the face with a sledgehammer" bad. The room is quite largte and the seperate bedroom is cool. You'll have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

From photos taken of the exterior, it seems deck 6 CS has a view with lifeboats being quite prominent in the visual field, though not obstructing it.

I do concur with the possibility of having the highest rated butler, but then CS cabins are so far from the PH and RS, would the best butler serve these cabins ( they would be cabin 11 and 12 counting from the PH ) ? Or, are these two cabins, and the rest of the CS, being served by other butlers?

Does anyone know how many cabins are assigned to each butler?

We were in a CS on the 6th floor of Summit and there was no obstructed view at all because of the lifeboats and our Butler also serviced a few of the RS too. There are a few CC cabins in their between the PH and CS so not all of them get Butler service. I don't know if it was better service or not but it was GREAT service I can say that!!

I have not counted the CC cabins when I said CS being cabin 11 from PH. I was in 6144, a CC cabin 2 doors from PH.

Looks like your butler was looking after at least a dozen cabins.

I have not counted the CC cabins when I said CS being cabin 11 from PH. I was in 6144, a CC cabin 2 doors from PH.

Looks like your butler was looking after at least a dozen cabins.

No I don't think he was, as I said he said he had a few RS too, not nesessarily all of them.

I understand that he would not be looking after ALL the RS. I am referring to him taking care of the suites on the starboard side, so that would include PH, RS, and some SS.

I understand that he would not be looking after ALL the RS. I am referring to him taking care of the suites on the starboard side, so that would include PH, RS, and some SS.

YES, I understand...and NO he did not have ALL the RS, PH & SS on that side of the ship..... there were at least two butlers on our side of the ship, maybe more

Gracie115: We are booked next summer in CS-6104 & CS-6106 and are concerned about the noise, being too close to the elevators. Can you advise on the noise level? Also, are there obstructions in the window view? And if so, what are the obstructions? Thanks!

Gracie115: We are booked next summer in CS-6104 & CS-6106 and are concerned about the noise, being too close to the elevators. Can you advise on the noise level? Also, are there obstructions in the window view? And if so, what are the obstructions? Thanks!

You are actually a door or two away from the elevators. We NEVER heard a single thing outside our stateroom and we were in 6106, which is closer to the elevators than 6104. If there is any obstruction at all it would be the very last window towards the back of the ship in 6106, it is the window washing equipment. It didn't bother us at all and did not block the window completely. The windows have individual roman shades(or did then anyway) and we frequently kept that one down anyway because it provided more privacy from the adjoining balcony stateroom next door. We liked the individual shades because as the day progressed different windows were affected by the sun and you could bring whichever one down you needed to if it got too hot. Hope that helps some. I loved the suite, I did miss the balcony, but the space was wonderful and we felt very spoiled, have a wonderful cruise!!!:D

Gracie115: We are booked next summer in CS-6104 & CS-6106 and are concerned about the noise, being too close to the elevators.

There is absolutely no noise from the elevators in any CS. They are VERY convenient for the elevators and stairs but, depending on the deck, there is something [library, staterooms] between the CS and the elevators. There is also little passing traffic because most people from the stairs and elevators because you can pass either side of the library [or whatever].

Sue

Archived