Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

For anyone planning to take a cruise on Celebrity in 2012, there is a special going on right now.

Until the end of January 2012, if you purchase a beverage package you will get a 10% discount.

My DH and I just purchased ours today.

Happy Sailing!

GiGiAnn

We are first time cruisers, we tried to book the 10% discount on packages, our travel agent ended up ringing Celebrity and was told this was for Captains Club members only? I was under impression it was available to everyone, maybe I missed an earlier thread?

We are first time cruisers, we tried to book the 10% discount on packages, our travel agent ended up ringing Celebrity and was told this was for Captains Club members only? I was under impression it was available to everyone, maybe I missed an earlier thread?

No, it's just not Captains Club members. Now saying that, it is on the US website (this is the link) http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=beverage_package_promotion&ICID=CEL_12Q1_Beverage_Package

And this is what is says -

Quench Your Thirst Savings

Until January 30, get 10% off almost every beverage package we offer. With a wide variety of choices, you'll find one that suits your needs, quenches your thirst and offers great value.

Book online now, have it ready when you sail

It's convenient and smart to book your beverage package right now. Pay one set price and enjoy all your favorite beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless sodas—featuring Coca-Cola® products—and unlimited bottled water.

*10% Savings Offer applies to regular price of classic non-alcoholic, premium non-alcoholic, classic, premium, soda and premium bottle water beverage packages on Celebrity cruises departing Jan. 20-Dec. 31, 2012. Beverage packages must be booked Jan. 16-30, 2012. Service charge applies to select packages. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Offer subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offer, and may be withdrawn at any time.

So, not sure why it was denied unless Celebrity isn't offering it to bookings out of the US.

You could try emailing the President of the Company Dan Hanrahan (dhanrahan@celebritycruises.com) and see if someone from Celebrity answers it.

I've emailed the President of Royal Caribbean before and his staff emailed and then called me.

So, heck it wouldn't hurt to try.

Susan :)

I just booked a drink package and I am not a Captian's Club member and am outside the US (Canada).

Dcinns, did you get the 10% discount offered from Jan16-30? The Celebrity website I am accessing from Australia doesn't mention a 10% discount.

Dcinns, did you get the 10% discount offered from Jan16-30? The Celebrity website I am accessing from Australia doesn't mention a 10% discount.

I would try and see if this link works http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=beverage_package_promotion&ICID=CEL_12Q1_Beverage_Package

Over on the right side of the page, it says buy by such and such a date and then it says book your package - click on that and see if you can sign in to your reservation and if then the 10% shows up when you go to purchase a package!

It may have been covered, but I didn't want to read every post. I know it is one drink at a time, but how often can you get a drink? Can I get a couple drinks as long as it's two transactions? Thanks!

My experience last year on Solstice was you could purchase drinks as often as you like, but you couldn't get two at the same time. For example, I ordered a Grey Goose and tonic and a bottle of water...the bartender did fill it, but said in the future, I would have to come back as they don't usually do two transactions at the same time. Silly, I know. But I guess it prevents buying for others. Still purchased premium for the upcoming cruise. Your mileage may vary.

Hope this makes sense.

Dennis

After reading many pages about the beverage packages, I still could not find out if you can order wines in Murano and other specialty restaurants from the premium beverage package. Also, is there a different wine list for the packages?

Hello, "DonRobertoSanJuan."

It is "desafortunado" that you did not find the answer to your question "after reading many pages," because we gave the answer, a long time ago.

YES, you may order glasses (not bottles) of wine in Murano and other specialty restaurants (SRs). Some glasses of wine in the SRs will be under your $12-per-glass limit.

We are not aware of the presence of any complete new list of wines in this thread (replacing the lists that we posted in July-to-September, 2010). The newest list (from June, 2011) -- which is definitely just a partial list -- can be found in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31590259&postcount=1614

Buena suerte!

Love this thread! Learning so much!

Another question - I know it's been posted that they don't like to do two transactions for the same person, but what if, say Mom and I (we each have the package) both want a bottle of water, soda, glass of wine, etc., can I take both cards and get the order or do we each have to be physically present?

Love this thread! Learning so much!

Another question - I know it's been posted that they don't like to do two transactions for the same person, but what if, say Mom and I (we each have the package) both want a bottle of water, soda, glass of wine, etc., can I take both cards and get the order or do we each have to be physically present?

Yes, you can. My husband and I did it all the time. Kim

After reading many pages about the beverage packages, I still could not find out if you can order wines in Murano and other specialty restaurants from the premium beverage package. Also, is there a different wine list for the packages?:confused:

Yes you can, order wine by the glass in the SRs they are actually very accommodating. The list we had in the main dining room on The Eclipse a couple of weeks ago was huge. With a lot of wines by the glass. You should not have a problem finding one you will like.

I bought the Classic alcoholic beverage package and got 10% off. I'm from Canada and I'm also not a Captains Club member. This is my first cruise on Celebrity. Maybe what is confusing people is that the form online just gives a price and doesn't explain it. The price for a 14 day cruise stated there right now is, ie $554.40USD (Classic) which is already the discounted price. I had checked it out a couple of days before the discount and had decided not to do it until I heard of the discount on CC.

The regular price stated previously was $44.88USD per day = $628.32/14 days.

Edited by Kancruze

I bought the Classic alcoholic beverage package and got 10% off. I'm from Canada and I'm also not a Captains Club member. This is my first cruise on Celebrity. Maybe what is confusing people is that the form online just gives a price and doesn't explain it. The price for a 14 day cruise stated there right now is, ie $554.40USD (Classic) which is already the discounted price. I had checked it out a couple of days before the discount and had decided not to do it until I heard of the discount on CC.

The regular price stated previously was $44.88USD per day = $628.32/14 days.

I have only just heard of this discount, too!

We are on a 12 night Adriatic cruise in July. The quoted price for the classic beverage pkge, as of today, is $546.48 usd. So am I correct in thinking, that is the price already factoring in the discount, with the 15% service charge still to be added?

How much more will I pay if i wait til after 1 Feb?

Edited by astrocat
Co

I have only just heard of this discount, too!

We are on a 12 night Adriatic cruise in July. The quoted price for the classic beverage pkge, as of today, is $546.48 usd. So am I correct in thinking, that is the price already factoring in the discount, with the 15% service charge still to be added?

How much more will I pay if i wait til after 1 Feb?

Hi,

Daily price is $44 + 15% = $50.6. With discount you would pay $39.6 + 15% = $45.54.

You will pay $607.2 including 15%. I believe the $546.48 includes 15%.

If you buy now you will say around $60.

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for also answering astrocat speedily Jim. It's 4 AM here in Canada but I couldn't sleep!! LOL

The price that they give you online is the price you will see on your credit card. The 10% discount and the 15% gratuity has already been factored in. If your amount is slightly different than mine it's because of the exchange rate.

Just remember everyone that this lower price is only until next Monday, Jan. 30th. :D

I would try and see if this link works http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=beverage_package_promotion&ICID=CEL_12Q1_Beverage_Package

Over on the right side of the page, it says buy by such and such a date and then it says book your package - click on that and see if you can sign in to your reservation and if then the 10% shows up when you go to purchase a package!

HDS... What Susan said! :D

Hi,

If you want to drink in your stateroom, you can fetch drinks from a bar and bring them back to your room.

Jim

If I'm ordering room service than I am too tired to go to the bar - or if I'm ordering breakfast to eat on the balcony I won't be changing clothes and running to the bar to grab a bottled water and a specialty coffee for my DH and I. Oh well, thanks for your reply.

I really wish they would change that policy. I also like to have a drink while dressing for dinner and would love to get it from room service rather than running to a bar. Same with breakfast mimosas on my balcony.

Also, if I am in my room for a few hours I would like to have a couple of drinks. They won't let me order two and bring them back, I have to drink one then go back to the bar for another. We are in the aft on deck 11 and I will bet it will be quite a walk to the closest bar.

Edited by gymjudge55

If I'm ordering room service than I am too tired to go to the bar - or if I'm ordering breakfast to eat on the balcony I won't be changing clothes and running to the bar to grab a bottled water and a specialty coffee for my DH and I. Oh well, thanks for your reply.

Yes, for specialty coffees you will have to venture out. :(

But for bottled water or sodas, why not bring one or two back to your cabin the day/night before? Pop them in your fridge and they are ready when you are. Has worked for me!

Yes, for specialty coffees you will have to venture out. :(

But for bottled water or sodas, why not bring one or two back to your cabin the day/night before? Pop them in your fridge and they are ready when you are. Has worked for me!

That's exactly what I was going to say. I bet that another reason they don't let you do the package for room service drinks is because the poor folks would be running their butts off. All of us package purchasers would have room service bogged down with our drink orders!