Karaoke on steroids!!!

*Mach*

That's not a complete list but it sure looks like it could be fun... IF you can sing!

:)

And even if you can't. C'mon Mach, you know you have Wanted Dead or Alive running through your head right now!

I'm going to assume you've never taken a music lesson in your life.

I will overlook the slightly condescending tone of that comment and tell you that I played trumpet, trombone, sax and guitar...

I haven't played in many years but I could read music rather well. We were often presented with music we had not seen before and were required to play it.

So, maybe I'm odd but I thought the music I was given was music...

By the way... I played first chair...

;)

I will overlook the slightly condescending tone of that comment and tell you that I played trumpet, trombone, sax and guitar...

I haven't played in many years but I could read music rather well. We were often presented with music we had not seen before and were required to play it.

So, maybe I'm odd but I thought the music I was given was music...

By the way... I played first chair...

;)

I play guitar (poorly) by ear. Putting music in front of me is like giving a book to a blind man. Most of my teachers have quit because I can't figure out how to read music properly. But I do love to play.

Mach, you have made my day (and so early in the day!)!!! Singing with a live band is SOOO much more fun (and challenging). Although I wasn't able to convince DH to take the Crazies cruise in September, I did manage to get him on the Conquest in November for our anniversary, so I now have even more to be excited about :D.

One question, though. It looks like Chris Jefferson will be on vacation during our cruise; do you think this will impact "karaoke on steroids"??

BTW, as a former musician formerly married to a former musician, transposing to a different key "on the fly" isn't that uncommon. Neither is sight-reading something new during a performance. Basic Music Theory 101 in college. It may not sound as great as something you've practiced 500 times, but it's usually recognizable. ;) Just my two cents.....

Mach, you have made my day (and so early in the day!)!!! Singing with a live band is SOOO much more fun (and challenging). Although I wasn't able to convince DH to take the Crazies cruise in September, I did manage to get him on the Conquest in November for our anniversary, so I now have even more to be excited about :D.

One question, though. It looks like Chris Jefferson will be on vacation during our cruise; do you think this will impact "karaoke on steroids"??

BTW, as a former musician formerly married to a former musician, transposing to a different key "on the fly" isn't that uncommon. Neither is sight-reading something new during a performance. Basic Music Theory 101 in college. It may not sound as great as something you've practiced 500 times, but it's usually recognizable. ;) Just my two cents.....

One would think that.....but on more than one occasion I have been asked...

"can you do it in C?" :)

(I invented the key of B) LOL

I prefer F flat myself.....:D:D

ooohh...you are evil !!!! :D

(you know most of the folks reading this are saying...

what are they talking about???) LOL

Must share favorite "story"....

I was playing piano for the church service and it was "call out a song" night (where the audience selects the hymn number and shouts it out)....

the organist and I had hand signals to remind each other to take 3 sharps to 4 flats....etc

I can only imagine what the congregation thought seeing us "sign" to each other....

Yeah, that's pretty much the limit of my music reading abilities. :p

Apparently that is pretty much normal for karaoke....

I can not tell you the number of Social Hosts (before there were karaoke hosts) that I had to show WHAT and WHERE the key control was.

Not used much .....:D

WOW,,what a list! No "standards" at all, and very few "country" songs. Where's Sinatra or Tony Bennett? Looks like a bunch of ,,,,,well, never mind. Frankly, I'm VERY disappointed in this list. Hopefully they'll come up with a few more tunes for the future! The list for the Talent Show is much, much better than this list IMO!

"SKY"

You officiandos are a blast to read..I am not an officiando in the least (as I said only a few times have I done it)...but would love to be on ship with happy kareoke singers like you all..just glad it is still important...not much for adult comedy shows here...sjn.

WOW,,what a list! No "standards" at all, and very few "country" songs. Where's Sinatra or Tony Bennett? Looks like a bunch of ,,,,,well, never mind. Frankly, I'm VERY disappointed in this list. Hopefully they'll come up with a few more tunes for the future! The list for the Talent Show is much, much better than this list IMO!

"SKY"

Host Mach said that was not the entire list.

It is just what John posted on his blog.....so perhaps the other songs will be more Sinatra etc.

You're very welcome and congratulations on breaking 1000 posts!!!

:)

The "hot air" capacity is amazing...:o:D.

Thanks for keeping it all about fun...here and on Carnival..sjn.

Host Mach said that was not the entire list.

It is just what John posted on his blog.....so perhaps the other songs will be more Sinatra etc.

Good because REALLY WANT TO SEE ALL YOU SOMEDAY..AND YOU NEED A BIG LIST SOUNDS LIKE:D.

Wish I :(was on the Hawaii one...:(:rolleyes:.

Good because REALLY WANT TO SEE ALL YOU SOMEDAY..AND YOU NEED A BIG LIST SOUNDS LIKE:D.

Wish I :(was on the Hawaii one...:(:rolleyes:.

Come join us in Hawaii....I can't wait!

I am going to have to do some serious vocal exercises to get the ole voice to last 15 days!!!! (especially at my age) :eek:

If they sing like Linda that is one thing, but if they sing like me..ohh noo.. LOL

I agree it will be fun to see the band try to keep up with someone less talented. OR will they try out people first. Will it be open to everyone and random?

We were on the FREEDOM together!!!! (just looked at the signature)

I would love a cruise that had good karaoke singers. In our ten

cruises, not once did we stay more than an hour hoping to hear

someone who could sing. While we don't participate, we enjoy

listening.

Are any of you "pros" on you tube?

I would love a cruise that had good karaoke singers. In our ten

cruises, not once did we stay more than an hour hoping to hear

someone who could sing. While we don't participate, we enjoy

listening.

Are any of you "pros" on you tube?

I sure am! I'll post some when I'm more comfortable here.

Hey there, Mach,

Sounds interesting. So will the band be doing vocal harmonies also? And what's the difference between this and the talent show? Will they have video monitors? Is it only 1 night per cruise?

Any chance they'll be doing this on the Pride by October? So disappointed they only have the Legends show on the 7-nighter where only the original keys are offered.

Sorry for so many questions, but somebody's bound to ask them eventually. :p

Archived