Late Night Snacks - Examples?

Ashpalo

I've noticed that on most ships they have what's called "Late Night Snacks" that are served around midnight. In all my cruises, I've never made it to this.

Can anyone please tell me what they serve? Is it a buffet or do they just have a few things like chips and stuff set out?

TIA,

Ashley :)

I don't think any of the Carnival ships have a late night buffet anymore. As far as I know the deli stays open until 11pm and then all you have is pizza, calzones, ceasar salads, ice cream and room service.

Thanks for the info. I've been on several cruises and am familiar with those options. What I'm referring to is a section on the FunTimes (the part that you pull off - on the back) where it specifically lists "Late Night Snacks" and it usually runs from 11:30 pm - 1:30 am each night of the cruise. I've never been hungry enough to go check it out - or I've already been in bed. I want to check it out on this next cruise and was just curious about what they served.

Thanks,

Besides the items available from room service, many ships now have a Mexican buffet about midnight on one night during the cruise. We had it on the Sensation in January.

We have also had the Mexican buffet on a few of our recent cruises. Served at 11:30 p.m. on Lido deck. Very Yummy!

Thanks for the info. I've been on several cruises and am familiar with those options. What I'm referring to is a section on the FunTimes (the part that you pull off - on the back) where it specifically lists "Late Night Snacks" and it usually runs from 11:30 pm - 1:30 am each night of the cruise. I've never been hungry enough to go check it out - or I've already been in bed. I want to check it out on this next cruise and was just curious about what they served.

Thanks,

Ashley,

I have noticed that, too. My hubby has checked it out and said it is referring to the Pizza and late hours for the grill.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

I remember late at night on the Victory that the aft grill would be open; burger/steak sandwiches/fries/cookies, etc. This might be what you're referring to in the Capers. It was nice and not too busy since it was at the back of the ship late at night.

Hi~

Was on the Freedom in May...Never ate the late nights snacks but passed the line several times....I noticed cake every night, fruit, and some grilled items like burgers and hotdogs...I was never hungry that late at night to stand in line or check out the whole selection though. It was set up in one of the buffet areas for just a couple of hours. Mexican themed one night.

Hope this helps!

Just got off the Miracle yesterday..boooo =(.

Late night snacks were fries, burgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, chile, and usually some cake set out in one of the buffets. They also had Mexican one night.

I hope they had a Mexican buffet.

Thanks,

On our last cruise on the Glory...there were hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches from 11:30 - 1:30. (only on a few days)

I've noticed that on most ships they have what's called "Late Night Snacks" that are served around midnight. In all my cruises, I've never made it to this.

Can anyone please tell me what they serve? Is it a buffet or do they just have a few things like chips and stuff set out?

TIA,

Carnival doesn't really do the midnight buffets anymore. They did one in an 8 day cruise. Usually the Pizza is open 24 hours as is ice cream. Everynight one station stays open late but quite often it's the awful hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken nuggets, that station at least. You can order room service or pick up food right after dinner and put it in your room for late night munching.

Thanks for all the responses. So - it looks like they just leave the grill open until 1:30. I wonder why they don't just list the grill as open until 1:30 instead of making it appear that there is something "special" happening between 11:30 - 1:30. Oh well, no biggie. I'm usually asleep or too full at that time anyway.

Just recently off the Freedom - We made it to "Late Night Snacks" on the last night. It is set up on Deck 5 at the Sushi Bar. Consisted of Fruit, Olives, small shrimp salad, cookies, brownies and pound cake. It was very nice.

It's been different on each ship. Some ships will just reopen the grill and then add some cookies / brownies on the side, some other ships had it set up on the promenade deck with various snacks - crackers, cheese, calzones, fruit, ceviche and other little things.

I've never really been hungry enough to eat anything, but I sure do like to go browse... :o

Thanks,

When I was on the Pride in Feb 2010, they served hamburgs, hotdogs, fries and things like that beside the pizza being open 24 hrs.

hope this helps. I also ordered room service when I wanted something different.

Who here remembers the late night breakfasts served up on Promanade? (right next to the disco on Fantasy-class ships). Like around 2am?

Way, way back in the day, there was a nightly "Midnight Buffet" in the MDR, with the one on the second Formal Night designated as the Gala (with the ice sculptures and such).

At about 1:30 am or thereabouts, they'd bring the leftovers up to the Promenade Deck for a Late Night Buffet.

Those were the days, but sadly they have gone the way of the top-optional Funnel Deck.

Just recently off the Freedom - We made it to "Late Night Snacks" on the last night. It is set up on Deck 5 at the Sushi Bar. Consisted of Fruit, Olives, small shrimp salad, cookies, brownies and pound cake. It was very nice.

Ditto. We were on Freedom in May, we went every night about 11:30 before any crowds. We loved the shrimp/avocado salad in a cup, nothing to heavy, but great after dancing and drinking some. They also had little mexican quesaidillas (spelling?) and breadsticks and cheese. Actually it took a couple of nights for people to realize this was being served. The pizza & ice cream bar was yummy too! I never eat that late, but what the heck, we were on vacation.:D

I was on Freedom in July. We had fruit cheeses, cakes, cookies and some sort of snack with beef. I don't remember what it was called, but it was delicious.

Archived