Random Q..Are there fans in the rooms?

RLA2010

I sleep with a fan every night (more for the noise than the actual air) and I'm wondering if the rooms have any type of fan in them? I just need something that makes a constant noise..could even be an AC as long as it's loudish :D

I have a small travel fan I could bring but I'd rather save that space if I can!

We're on the Carnival Liberty!

Thanks

I sleep with a fan every night (more for the noise than the actual air) and I'm wondering if the rooms have any type of fan in them? I just need something that makes a constant noise..could even be an AC as long as it's loudish :D

I have a small travel fan I could bring but I'd rather save that space if I can!

We're on the Carnival Liberty!

Thanks

buy a small noise machine. they weigh less then a travel fan.

OR you can turn the tv to the white noise channel and turn off the brightness.

be warned- you will have only one outlet in the entire cabin- bring a power plug/extension cord

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to bring a power cord :) I wish I could nix the fan but I know that I wouldn't sleep without it!

Thank god i'm not the only person in the world with this problem LOL. My boyfriend laughs at me because I bring a desk sized fan when we go away.

Most cruise lines will have SOME available, but personally, i'm not willing to bank on that, so I bring one. I did get one from Seabourn when I sailed them, and I will ask HAL for one just to see what happens :-) However I always have my backup and an extention cord since the only plugs in my cabin on HAL are by the desk, not the bed. Keep that in mind too!

Thank god i'm not the only person in the world with this problem LOL. My boyfriend laughs at me because I bring a desk sized fan when we go away.

Most cruise lines will have SOME available, but personally, i'm not willing to bank on that, so I bring one. I did get one from Seabourn when I sailed them, and I will ask HAL for one just to see what happens :-) However I always have my backup and an extention cord since the only plugs in my cabin on HAL are by the desk, not the bed. Keep that in mind too!

Alright I'll add an extension cord to the list too! You'd be surprised how many people sleep with fans. I thought I was the only one but a few of my friends and sister do too..and now my hubby's hooked too ;)

I also sleep with a fan on at home. I just do without when traveling. I don't sleep as well when without a fan.

I understand!

Some cruise lines have increased their list of banned appliances. I would check your cruise lines WEB site for details on what is allowed.

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to bring a power cord :) I wish I could nix the fan but I know that I wouldn't sleep without it!

Cruise lines are no longer allowing extension cords in cabins. If found during the xray screening process, they are opening bags and taking them away.

I've heard mixed things regarding the availability of the extension cords on the ships. I've read the HAL wants you to use their cords, but then I'm also reading that they don't have enough to go around when asked and that passengers are needing to bring their own.

In some cases, it's life or death. Their cabin configuration is such that the outlets aren't near the bed, and it seems many people (including my bf) sleep with CPAP machines for their health (and some for more life threatening levels of sleep issues).

I guess if they see you with an extension cord for a fan they could say no and for a CPAP say yes, but I guess I'll see what happens come october.

I'd love to trust that calling the ship and asking for one would actually mean I 100% would have it in the cabin when I board, but since I cannot sleep at all without one, I can't leave it to chance personally. (the lack of fan that is, yeah it's a crazy anxiety of mine).

Maybe someday hotels/ships will cater to those of us with need for "ambient noise" and install fans or ambient noise makers in all the rooms LOL.

I've heard mixed things regarding the availability of the extension cords on the ships. I've read the HAL wants you to use their cords, but then I'm also reading that they don't have enough to go around when asked and that passengers are needing to bring their own.

In some cases, it's life or death. Their cabin configuration is such that the outlets aren't near the bed, and it seems many people (including my bf) sleep with CPAP machines for their health (and some for more life threatening levels of sleep issues).

I guess if they see you with an extension cord for a fan they could say no and for a CPAP say yes, but I guess I'll see what happens come october.

I'd love to trust that calling the ship and asking for one would actually mean I 100% would have it in the cabin when I board, but since I cannot sleep at all without one, I can't leave it to chance personally. (the lack of fan that is, yeah it's a crazy anxiety of mine).

Maybe someday hotels/ships will cater to those of us with need for "ambient noise" and install fans or ambient noise makers in all the rooms LOL.

That would be so nice! It would save me so much space and agony over bringing it everywhere I go! :o

Archived